Clear all

Kill Resigns

78 Posts
36 Users
34 Reactions
beadmedaddio
(@beadmedaddio)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Hey Fraydog,  who relocated from across the country that are now out of a job.  I'm not arguing, just asking.

I'm not sayin' -- I'm just sayin'!

ReplyQuote
(@fraydog)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

https://siusalukis.com/watch/?Archive=3774&type=Live

Here's the interiew where Kill explains himself. 

ReplyQuote
(@fraydog)

Posted by: @beadmedaddio

Hey Fraydog,  who relocated from across the country that are now out of a job.  I'm not arguing, just asking.

Coaches, senior level admins, staffers relocated. I'm not saying they are out of a job, just in a more precarious position now they are not working for the guy who hired them. The administration at SIU is not especially known for their stability.

ReplyQuote
(@saluki86alum)
Davies Gym Poster

@worldbeaters353

Even worse is when he takes the man's job (after staying at his house) when Fuente is fired.

ReplyQuote
(@fraydog)

https://www.1035espn.com/episode/in-the-dawghouse-9-16-19-liz-jarnigan/

Liz Jarnigan speaks for the first time as the first female athletic director in SIU's history.

ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

It wasn't money. He's getting $175,000/yr at VT. Sure he was making more than that as AD. There may be other reasons, but Kill loves football and coaching.

ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

Posted by: @beadmedaddio
Posted by: @mr_woogers

Hill hasn't proven to me he's ready to be a HC.  Team was absolutely unprepared mentally or physically for that game Saturday - tons of stupid mistakes and miscues in the 1st qtr. With better talent, we eventually smoked them. I'm afraid we'll get clocked in the MVC.

No search. Just hired Jarnigan. Hope I'm wrong, but I think that's just stupid. 

I respectfully can't agree or disagree with you.  Losing your QB in the first series can throw a group into a little tailspin mentally.  Takes a series or two to pull out of it.  And the coaching staff prepared a game plan for one guy, and then had to audible at the very beginning of the game.  Remember Nick has never called plays for Lyles in a game before.  I thought the coaching staff made some pretty good adjustments.  

Losing Stone had nothing to do with the  Walking Dead defense in the 1st quarter. Also had nothing to do with too many or too few men on the field or players not ready or too many in the backfield, etc. The play calling was truly average, both with Stone and without. Didn't fool the defense that's for sure.

ReplyQuote
(@risaluki)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Keep Calm and Dawggie on Fellow Salukis.  When I came to Carbondale in 1971, Dr. Donald Boydston was the AD.  Doug Weaver replaced him in 1972, followed by Gale Sayers in 1976 and Coach Lew Hartzog in 1981;  4 ADs in a 10-year period.  Yet, the SIU and its athletics survived and thrived.  We will get through this too.

ReplyQuote
saluki82
(@saluki82)

Posted by: @fraydog

So Kill was recruited by Cook, Kill sides with Montemagno's buddy Cook to let bh keep his job, Kill gets Bell's job. Now he is a "special assistant" again.

ReplyQuote
Woofie2
(@woofie2)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Posted by: @saluki82

So Kill was recruited by Cook, Kill sides with Montemagno's buddy Cook to let bh keep his job, Kill gets Bell's job. Now he is a "special assistant" again.

Cook flying to Virginia to watch football now?

ReplyQuote
(@fraydog)

Posted by: @woofie2

I couldn't see him becoming a VT donor, but stranger things have happened in college sports. 

ReplyQuote
Saloukeyfan
(@saloukeyfan)

Posted by: @woofie2

I couldn't see him becoming a VT donor, but stranger things have happened in college sports. 

I can see it. "When you need a place to hide your shine."

beadmedaddio reacted
ReplyQuote
(@winstonbagels98)
Davies Gym Poster

Posted by: @boobys

I. TOLD. YOU. SO.

Don't let the door hit you in the arse Jerry. 

I hope we sue HIM for breach this time.  Beat him to the lawsuit this time.

Almighty Jerry Kill had his foot out the door when he accepted the job just a few short months ago.  Real classy. Real ethical. Real Kill. 

I think Barkeep has a crystal ball.  Kill gives Justin Fuente the Bell treatment. 

Anyone who thought this wasn’t going to happen is a fool. 

ReplyQuote
(@fisher08)
Davies Gym Poster

Nah. Cook won’t do that. He’s small potatoes in the grand scheme of big time college football. He likes being as important as he is here. He would just be another mid-level donor there. 

ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

A week ago, Kill was very popular with most folks on here. From Mike's interview, sounds like he wanted to get out of the fundraising business and back into football - also work fewer hours and have more time for his family.  He's taking a pay cut to do that. Seems reasonable to me. Amazing how he has turned into the personification of evil! Seems to me that a lot of people on here are overreacting just a wee bit.

Randy Dunn, who actively backstabbed our beloved institution, wasn't treated nearly this badly.

I'm disappointed Kill is leaving, but I certainly don't think he's some kind of horrible person for doing it.  SIU will be just fine. It's been here 150 years and will likely be here another 150.

See the source image

ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 6

Share: