Clear all

Youngstown State @ #17 SIU 11/20/21 12:00 PM ESPN+

116 Posts
17 Users
42 Reactions
Kntucky_Colonel
(@kntucky_colonel)
Charlotte West Stadium Poster

This is one hell of a slide. One month ranked #3, the next likely out of the playoffs.

Booby's reacted
ReplyQuote
wiegie
(@wiegie)
Charlotte West Stadium Poster

What a terribly disappointing last month of the season. After Homecoming I thought we were an absolute lock for the playoffs.

Booby's reacted
ReplyQuote
GoBlueSaluki
(@gobluesaluki)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Posted by: @wiegie

What a terribly disappointing last month of the season. After Homecoming I thought we were an absolute lock for the playoffs.

I was trying to figure out how many playoff games we might be able to win. 

But I don’t think anyone could have predicted just how bad this Youngstown game would turn out. 

Almost feels fortunate we didn’t lose by more points. 

ReplyQuote
1DAWG
(@1dawg)

Nick Hill and his coaching staff should be addressing A LOT of really difficult questions right now.  Most importantly, How does a team with this much talent and that started the season so strong go through an absolute MELT DOWN during the second half of the season?  What happened to this team?  They certainly shit the bed!  This is absolutely ridiculous.

ReplyQuote
Rockin' Dawg
(@rockin-dawg)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @kntucky_colonel

This is one hell of a slide. One month ranked #3, the next likely out of the playoffs.

Our record was always a mirage.  It just finally caught up with us and our luck ran out.  We are weak at QB, our offensive play-calling is suspect, and our team discipline is lacking.  But we do have some really good players and it was a fun season while it lasted.  We have no business making the playoffs.

ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

I think there's a good chance we still get in. A lot of at-larges losing today as well as most of the bubble teams.

FAMU is winning - will have 9 wins (not sure all are D1) and I think they get in.

UNI blowing out WIU, but they will only have 6 wins. SFA has 7 wins, will probably beat LAMAR today. I think they get in.

Chatt. lost, Monmouth lost, VMI lost, Rhode Island losing big, Mercer lost, S. Dakota getting hammered.

Bubble Teams Left Out
Ordered from best chance to make the bracket to worst chance.

25. Chattanooga
26. FAMU
27. UNI
28. Monmouth
29. SFA
30. EKU
31. W&M

At-Large Bids 
Ordered from most likely to least likely to get in. Seeded teams who are not their conference’s auto-bid will be at the top.

JMU (seed)
EWU (seed)
Sac State (seed)
Missouri State (seed)
Montana
UC Davis
SLU
South Dakota
Southern Illinois
21. SDSU
22. VMI
23. Mercer
24. Rhode Island

ReplyQuote
Austinsaluki
(@austinsaluki)

Posted by: @rockin-dawg

Our record was always a mirage.  It just finally caught up with us and our luck ran out.  We are weak at QB, our offensive play-calling is suspect, and our team discipline is lacking.  But we do have some really good players and it was a fun season while it lasted.  We have no business making the playoffs.

Agree 100 percent. Rolled at home by a 2-7 team on Senior Day with a playoff bid on the line (or at the very least, a home playoff game): no, we don't deserve a bid. &##@$/!

(Inflammatory political snark)

ReplyQuote
beadmedaddio
(@beadmedaddio)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @rockin-dawg

RD, I would like to add a very quick note to your observations.  IMO our offensive slide began when we lost that #65 Francis and the OL started to struggle.  More pass pressure started coming up the middle and Baker started doing his happy feet impression of those dancing penguins.  Hard for those short qb's to see open receivers between the hash marks.  It seemed like Baker started to leave the pocket sooner than he had to when this Francis kid went down.  

I'm not sayin' -- I'm just sayin'!

ReplyQuote
(@valleyfb)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

I think I’ve said all year Baker can’t see downfield because of his size. It’s been an issue long before losing #65. Guys were open all over the field today. Twice 11 had nobody near him in the end zone. 

ReplyQuote
OBD
 OBD
(@obd)
McAndrew Stadium Poster Admin

This team has played 21 games in calendar year 2021. Simply, they ran out of gas. Unfortunately, they still had 4 games left to play.

ReplyQuote
GoBlueSaluki
(@gobluesaluki)

Posted by: @valleyfb

I think I’ve said all year Baker can’t see downfield because of his size. It’s been an issue long before losing #65. Guys were open all over the field today. Twice 11 had nobody near him in the end zone. 

Announcers on both and radio said the YSU secondary had our receivers covered like a glove all game. 

ReplyQuote
Booby's
(@boobys)

Posted by: @obd

This team has played 21 games in calendar year 2021. Simply, they ran out of gas. Unfortunately, they still had 4 games left to play.

so has youngstown state.  didn't slow them down any.  that's no excuse for today's embarrassment.

i'm about done with this *$#@ program.

Craving a McBride Special!

ReplyQuote
SIU_2011
(@siu_2011)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @gobluesaluki

Announcers on both and radio said the YSU secondary had our receivers covered like a glove all game. 

By the time they were up 21-3 they basically played 2 high and dared us to throw. When you are chasing the game it’s tough. Their secondary played well, their D-line got pressure, but Baker definitely missed throws. This was his worst game this year. We had some success on the ground, but we were down too many points to take advantage.

This team laid an egg on a very important game. All kinds of disappointed…I drove down to watch that shit show. If we get in, and it looks like there is a possibility given how many bubble teams lost, they need to wake up. A team this talented and experienced should not have a let down this big at the end of the season.

ReplyQuote
GoBlueSaluki
(@gobluesaluki)

Posted by: @siu_2011
Posted by: @gobluesaluki

By the time they were up 21-3 they basically played 2 high and dared us to throw. When you are chasing the game it’s tough. Their secondary played well, their D-line got pressure, but Baker definitely missed throws. This was his worst game this year. We had some success on the ground, but we were down too many points to take advantage.

This team laid an egg on a very important game. All kinds of disappointed…I drove down to watch that shit show. If we get in, and it looks like there is a possibility given how many bubble teams lost, they need to wake up. A team this talented and experienced should not have a let down this big at the end of the season.

Sorry you had to see such a bad game after your long drive.  I think we are gonna get in the playoffs. 

At this point, I’d like to see it just to see which team shows up.  

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member
Topic starter  

Hero Sports has SIU going to South Dakota

https://herosports.com/fcs-football-2021-final-playoff-predictions-bzbz/

ReplyQuote
Page 7 / 8

Share: