27 Users
5 Reactions
ColoradoKoolAid
(@coloradokoolaid)
Charlotte West Stadium Poster

Posted by: DR222
Posted by: ColoradoKoolAid

Curious! 

I wonder if the new 'esports' logo has any insight.

I hope not!

Take off the headset and that's 20x better than the sock puppet. I find it a shame that SIU has a school of Fine Art and a school of Design yet they spend 100k hiring "professionals". How about they actually support the students? Build one of those kid's resumes and pay for their school for a couple of years?

ReplyQuote
1DAWG
(@1dawg)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Curious! 

I hope not!

Take off the headset and that's 20x better than the sock puppet. I find it a shame that SIU has a school of Fine Art and a school of Design yet they spend 100k hiring "professionals". How about they actually support the students? Build one of those kid's resumes and pay for their school for a couple of years?

I COMPLETELY AGREE!  SIU has an art school.  This is something they could be tasked with and at the end of the day, give the winner a scholarship award for the efforts.  It really doesn't make any sense to farm this out in my mind.

ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

Posted by: 1DAWG

Curious! 

I hope not!

I COMPLETELY AGREE!  SIU has an art school.  This is something they could be tasked with and at the end of the day, give the winner a scholarship award for the efforts.  It really doesn't make any sense to farm this out in my mind.

A very good Art School with lots of talented students and faculty, I might add...

SIUC’s art and design faculty and students excel:  https://thesouthern.com/news/local/siu/column-meera-komarraju-siuc-s-art-and-design-faculty-and/article_9ee60603-9868-5c4d-9dc0-a81ea49c1064.html

Forever SIU

ReplyQuote
Bang Biscuit
(@bang-biscuit)
Dawg Pound Poster

Found the new logo on the SIU store site.

shop.siusalukis.com/collections/new-arrivals/products/new-2019-athletic-logo-southern-illinois-salukis-gamechanger-hat

This post was modified 5 years ago 5 times by Bang Biscuit

ReplyQuote
GoBlueSaluki
(@gobluesaluki)

Posted by: Bang Biscuit

shop.siusalukis.com/collections/new-arrivals/products/new-2019-athletic-logo-southern-illinois-salukis-gamechanger-hat

I really like that hat.   I wonder if it will be available today at Saluki bookstore or whatever in Carbondale?

ReplyQuote
PackerDawg
(@packerdawg)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

Posted by: GoBlueSaluki

I really like that hat.   I wonder if it will be available today at Saluki bookstore or whatever in Carbondale?

Looks like they took the page down.  Apparently they aren’t supposed to have it live until this afternoon. The 710 tweeted merchandise with the new logo will be available today, and I assume the University Bookstore will have it too. 

ReplyQuote
(@saluki86alum)
Davies Gym Poster

What the heck?  It will be reveiled in a "private ceremony?"  Why would you have a reveil of a new logo for a University in private?  Where's the balloons and people tossing out t-shirts and coaches all excited?  This worries me.

And why wasn't it released mid-day to let all the news outlets have time to have on the 5 or 6pm news?

(The Southern has the story where it states it will be a private ceremony.  Sorry, I couldn't get it to link here.)

ReplyQuote
Booby's
(@boobys)

These people have about as much common sense as Saluki Wilson. Way to blow it SIU, again.

Craving a McBride Special!

ReplyQuote
Bang Biscuit
(@bang-biscuit)
Dawg Pound Poster

Can I embed a picture on here?

ReplyQuote
Salukibbfan1
(@salukibbfan1)
Saluki Stadium Poster

Posted by: saluki86alum

What the heck?  It will be reveiled in a "private ceremony?"  Why would you have a reveil of a new logo for a University in private?  Where's the balloons and people tossing out t-shirts and coaches all excited?  This worries me.

And why wasn't it released mid-day to let all the news outlets have time to have on the 5 or 6pm news?

(The Southern has the story where it states it will be a private ceremony.  Sorry, I couldn't get it to link here.)

https://thesouthern.com/sports/college/salukimania/saluki-athletics-to-unveil-first-new-logo-since/article_343f11a4-a6b6-51dd-a24d-5df67275b86e.html

ReplyQuote
Saluki 69
(@saluki-69)
SIU Arena Poster Admin

Can I embed a picture on here?

There is an attach file button at the bottom of the new post window.

ReplyQuote
PackerDawg
(@packerdawg)

It’s on the athletics website now

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member
Topic starter  

that's pretty bad

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member
Topic starter  

I think the font looks pretty bad actually, the logo isn't that bad though.  Kind of looks like the Washington Huskies logo

ReplyQuote
Bleacher Bum
(@bleacher-bum)

Meh.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 4

Share: