263 Reactions
34.6 K Views
Class of 69
(@class-of-69)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

Posted by: @insaluki
Posted by: @salukifan32

Porter Moser can coach

I've seen a lot of people on this board rip on him and Loyola.   It doesn't look good on them when Loyola continues to dominate the conference, make it to the tourny and win games there.  I will forever be a fan (except when they play SIU) if this team can beat Illinois !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

If OSU can lose to ORU, then the Ramblers certainly can beat the Illini. But I would put it that Illini would have to beat themselves rather than Loyola beat them.

ReplyQuote
(@salukiillini)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster Admin

Posted by: @class-of-69
Posted by: @salukifan32

Porter Moser can coach

I've seen a lot of people on this board rip on him and Loyola.   It doesn't look good on them when Loyola continues to dominate the conference, make it to the tourny and win games there.  I will forever be a fan (except when they play SIU) if this team can beat Illinois !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

If OSU can lose to ORU, then the Ramblers certainly can beat the Illini. But I would put it that Illini would have to beat themselves rather than Loyola beat them.

I think Illinois matches up with Loyola pretty well.  The difference today for Loyola was offensive rebounds vs a team missing the best player in the ACC who happens to almost average a double-double.  Don't believe they'll have the same success vs Illinois.  

Obviously it was a while ago so it's not a great comp but Loyola got beat pretty bad by Wisconsin and Illinois drubbed Wisky a couple times.

Anyway should be an excellent game because it's the NCAA tournament!

PackerDawg reacted
ReplyQuote
INSaluki
(@insaluki)
SIU Arena Poster

@salukiillini

I have no doubts that Illinois will beat Loyola soundly.  I just cannot stand Illinois and it would give me great pleasure to see them lose this early in the tournament and it would be even more incredible if it came at the hands of an MVC team !!!!!!!!

ReplyQuote
(@salukiillini)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster Admin

@salukiillini

I have no doubts that Illinois will beat Loyola soundly.  I just cannot stand Illinois and it would give me great pleasure to see them lose this early in the tournament and it would be even more incredible if it came at the hands of an MVC team !!!!!!!!

nah i get it. i wish they didn't play each other because i've absolutely enjoyed this Illini team this year and i obviously want the MVC to do well.   

PackerDawg reacted
ReplyQuote
Austinsaluki
(@austinsaluki)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

I'm kind of ashamed to say that I posted a semi-trolling comment over on the WSU board. I feel bad only because it was a reply to a post by an OK guy over there. Basically his post was about how Loyola beat a depleted GA Tech team, and I just got so annoyed that there was pretty much no acknowledgement on that board that WSU LOST to an even more depleted Drake team. 

I don't like myself for doing that, but eff those guys. 

(Inflammatory political snark)

PackerDawg reacted
ReplyQuote
INSaluki
(@insaluki)
SIU Arena Poster

Posted by: @austinsaluki

I'm kind of ashamed to say that I posted a semi-trolling comment over on the WSU board. I feel bad only because it was a reply to a post by an OK guy over there. Basically his post was about how Loyola beat a depleted GA Tech team, and I just got so annoyed that there was pretty much no acknowledgement on that board that WSU LOST to an even more depleted Drake team. 

I don't like myself for doing that, but eff those guys. 

Acknowledgement / Knowing is half the battle to improvement.  LOL   

Austinsaluki reacted
ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

North Texas in a battle with Purdue on TNT.  Would be nice to see another Big Ten team go down.

INSaluki reacted
ReplyQuote
INSaluki
(@insaluki)
SIU Arena Poster

Posted by: @salukiworld

North Texas in a battle with Purdue on TNT.  Would be nice to see another Big Ten team go down.

North Texas has led much of the game but I have a feeling that Purdue's talent will win out in the end.  I hope I am wrong.  Go Mean Green !!!!!!!!!!

ReplyQuote
INSaluki
(@insaluki)
SIU Arena Poster

North Texas has led much of the game but I have a feeling that Purdue's talent will win out in the end.  I hope I am wrong.  Go Mean Green !!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe the Mean Green pulled it off !!!!!!!

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

Looks like the Mean Green are gonna hang on.  The Big Ten is having a rough day with the exception of Illinois and Wisconsin.

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

ReplyQuote
carrcar
(@carrcar)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

After all the upsets today, I don’t want to hear anymore of that “they earned the seeding...place in the tourney...the right to be there” etc., etc., we’ve always done it that way bullshit. Open the NCAA Tournament to ALL NCAA teams!

“The best thing about freshmen is that they become sophomores.”
-- Al McGuire

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

Posted by: @carrcar

After all the upsets today, I don’t want to hear anymore of that “they earned the seeding...place in the tourney...the right to be there” etc., etc., we’ve always done it that way bullshit. Open the NCAA Tournament to ALL NCAA teams!

Technically it is open to all teams by winning your conference tournament.  I don't need to see the Tournament expanded, I think it's at a perfect number.  Adding more teams would ruin the greatness of the Tournament and give everyone a participation trophy.  But I hope the mid-majors winning opens it up to more mid-majors making the Tournament as at-larges.  I don't need to see Big Ten teams with under .500 conference records in the Tournament over a team that deserves it in a mid-major.

Kyle_Saluki_17, INSaluki, PackerDawg and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
zippadeedooDawgs
(@zippadeedoodawgs)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

I don't need to see Big Ten teams with under .500 conference records in the Tournament over a team that deserves it in a mid-major.

I don't see/understand any teams with under-.500 conference records qualifying.  That's bs.

If you're gonna reply to me in the forums, please quote what I wrote that you're replying to so I have a clue...thanks! 😀

INSaluki reacted
ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

Looking ahead to tomorrow, Drake plays USC at 3:30 PM on TNT at Bakers Life Fieldhouse.  USC is currently favored by 6 points.

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 12 / 29

Share: