2021 NCAA discussion thread

432 Posts
41 Users
263 Reactions
34.6 K Views
Salukis2112
(@salukis2112)
Abe Martin Field Poster

I can't express how badly I want Drake to put the hurt on the Wichita (is not a) State.

Saluki Insider? I barely know her!

ReplyQuote
(@uncledawgpound)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

"Train don't run outta Wichita, less'n you're a hog err'n cattle!" 

ReplyQuote
ReSaluki 88
(@resaluki-88)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Ga Tech with a covid positive within the traveling party. They have not clarified on if it is a player, coach, trainer, manager, etc. Early indication is it was isolated to 1 person. Should make things interesting for Loyola regarding how this plays out.

ReplyQuote
(@efahldown)
Dawg Pound Poster

Illinois has the makings of a championship team. Big men. Deep. Tough D. Shooters and disciplined passing/shooting. 

ReplyQuote
(@uncledawgpound)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Can anyone shed a little light on the odd tourney schedule this year? First Four games on Thu, Round of 32 games on Mon, Elite Eight on Mon and Tue. I'm sure it has to do with COVID, but the championship game is on the first Monday of April - same time as always. So how does that gain anything, safety-wise? 

ReplyQuote
Salukifan32
(@salukifan32)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Posted by: @uncledawgpound

Can anyone shed a little light on the odd tourney schedule this year? First Four games on Thu, Round of 32 games on Mon, Elite Eight on Mon and Tue. I'm sure it has to do with COVID, but the championship game is on the first Monday of April - same time as always. So how does that gain anything, safety-wise? 

I believe the first four games were pushed back to allow teams and staff (refs too) to get tested

ReplyQuote
ReSaluki 88
(@resaluki-88)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Tank Hemphill looking more and more likely to play for Drake. Drake line has moved significantly. Started out as +2 and is now -1. Loyola is now -3 against Ga Tech. Looks like the covid positive is a player for Ga Tech, but they haven't announced who it is yet.

ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

Posted by: @efahldown

Illinois has the makings of a championship team. Big men. Deep. Tough D. Shooters and disciplined passing/shooting. 

Agree, if key guys can stay out of foul trouble (Coburn) and they don't have a horrendous shooting night! I'd love to see them against Gonzaga!

Also, if Kyle Young is back and healthy, don't count Ohio State out. They can be very, very good. Duane Washington is a tremendous, veteran guard.

Don't know about Michigan - they tailed off at the end but were almost unbeatable earlier.

efahldown and rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
AtlantaSaluki
(@atlantasaluki)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

I have the Illini winning it in my bracket.  Of course trying to do a bracket in March Madness is Madness in itself but that's what makes it fun.  I actually have Ga Tech beating the Ramblers but it should be a terrific game.  If Loyola wins Krutwig and Cockburn should be a really interesting match up.  The Illini have a real balance, inside and out, many options to score, are playing good defense this year, and really seem to be peaking at the right time.  My favorite time of year...spring, March Madness, Spring training, spring football, time for golf, and, oh yeah, throw in some yard work listening to tunes..  

efahldown reacted
ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

https://twitter.com/GoodmanHoops/status/1372373160159498242

Huge break for Loyola.  Moses was the ACC Player of the Year and would have been a tough matchup for Krutwig.

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
Kyle_Saluki_17
(@kyle_saluki_17)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Posted by: @salukiworld

https://twitter.com/GoodmanHoops/status/1372373160159498242

Huge break for Loyola.  Moses was the ACC Player of the Year and would have been a tough matchup for Krutwig.

They deserve a break at this point.  Shouldn't have to play a 9 seed anyway.

Austinsaluki reacted
ReplyQuote
AtlantaSaluki
(@atlantasaluki)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

That is huge.  Loyola should win this one now.  Moses is the centerpiece of the team along with Alvarado, can't see Tech winning without him.  Will be a huge upset if they do.  Loyola and the Illini out to be interesting.

ReplyQuote
(@salukiillini)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster Admin

Posted by: @efahldown

Two things will stop the Illini:

1) a strong 4 man 

2) themselves

In their losses this year they either played down to their competition or got worked by someone like Liddell

I love their team and if they bring it like they have the last 4 weeks they’ll at least make the final four. If not they’ll drop an early one. 

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

Not a good start for Drake.  Down 14-6 at the 8:57 mark in the first half.  Shooting 2-13 from the field and 5 turnovers.

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

Great end to the first half for Drake.  All the momentum heading into the half down 1.

ReplyQuote
Page 6 / 29

Share: