Clear all

Around the Valley 2023-24

727 Posts
66 Users
413 Reactions
30.2 K Views
(@usmcsaluki)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Hopefully Belmont is in Indiana State’s side of the bracket and we’re on the other; seems like Belmont has the best chance to knock them out.

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
INSaluki
(@insaluki)
SIU Arena Poster

Bradley really taking it to UNI, up 46-30 at the half.  IND St has come back and taken the lead on the road at Belmont, but it's still a close game (ISU - 59-56) with 12 to go.  

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member
Topic starter  

Indiana State beats Drake at home.  I think the Sycamores have a decent chance of being ranked on Monday. 

ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

They certainly look like a top 25 team and they've been getting some votes.

ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

Evansville beat Bradley tonight. UNI beat Mo State.

UIC wins at Redturds - love it!

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
(@salukimodemrowe)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Missouri state up at the half on Indiana state. Nice to see someone play zone when they are clearly outmanned. Isu has canned some threes but been held in check maybe I’m not so crazy after all. Not saying it works all game. But it works. Especially when it’s mixed up. 

Salukifan32 reacted
ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member
Topic starter  

Indiana State comes back and wins by 2.  Hope they’re in the Top 25 Monday 

Salukifan32 reacted
ReplyQuote
goroshnik
(@goroshnik)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

Sycamores are currently pegged as a #9 or #10 seed on most bracket watches... they're inside the bubble right now, but we all know that it only takes one hiccup to lose all that good momentum.  I think if they only lose once more in the regular season and then win at least one game in St. Louis, their NET will be solid enough for an at-large.  But don't hold me to that, as we've seen Valley teams get screwed over too many times to mention.

Drake likely needs to run the table from here all the way to the MVC final, but they got a huge road win at Bradley to at least keep them with some at-large hopes.  Tonight's loss by the Braves likely puts their at-large hopes to rest, but they're still in decent shape for the NIT at this point.  

Nobody else in the Valley's inside the NET top 100, so the top three are the only ones here with any NCAA/NIT at-large chances.

This post was modified 3 months ago by goroshnik

ReplyQuote
carrcar
(@carrcar)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

@goroshnik This is kind of a modified rant this year. Every year I say that all teams should be eligible for the NCAA tournament. I don’t think it will be too long until the Big Six break away from the NCAA leaving all the other teams in the tournament. At that point I hope all teams will be able to complete. (Similar to a high school State tournament)

“The best thing about freshmen is that they become sophomores.”
-- Al McGuire

ReplyQuote
INSaluki
(@insaluki)
SIU Arena Poster

@goroshnik 

With the Vally top 9-10 in the conferences, unless they fall apart here, IND St will make it as an at large.  It will be nice to see 2 teams (only if IND St loses in the Valley tourny) in the NCAA tourny.  

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
(@freedawg)
Abe Martin Field Poster

@carrcar I think you are correct in there eventually being a two-tiered NCAA D1 basketball tournament. I think it will happen in football first with basketball following soon after.

I don’t think you will see all teams getting in the first or second-tier tournament. The conferences will still need the economic boost they get from the conference tournaments as a qualifier for getting into the big tournament.

ReplyQuote
siudawgs
(@siudawgs)
SIU Arena Poster

Flames have a late four-point lead over UNI. Could be helpful for Southern if they can close it.

ReplyQuote
siudawgs
(@siudawgs)
SIU Arena Poster

UIC helps Southern and takes down UNI in near-empty gym so Salukis are a game ahead of Panthers and others with six games to go.

However, UNI still gets Valpo twice so they very much will still be in hunt for the top four, likely to the final weekend. Murray and Belmont will also be teams to watch.

ReplyQuote
Dawgbytes
(@dawgbytes)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

As in everything else, just follow the money.

The advancement and diffusion of knowledge is the only guardian of true liberty.
James Madison

ReplyQuote
Dawgbytes
(@dawgbytes)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

You I see!!

The advancement and diffusion of knowledge is the only guardian of true liberty.
James Madison

ReplyQuote
Page 26 / 49

Share: