1,089 Posts
94 Users
419 Reactions
344.1 K Views
(@dawgpoop)
Saluki Stadium Poster

Posted by: carrcar
Posted by: siudawg77

Believe it or not, our bottom feeding POS head basketball coach will be “keynote speaker” at the SIU law school commencement ceremony.  Absolutely UNBELIEVABLE!!!!  You just can’t make this shit up.

Commencement speaker's fees can be a great way to make some extra money.

Also, BBQ sauce makes a great graduation present!

Salukiholic
(@salukiholic)
Saluki Stadium Poster

Posted by: dawgpoop

Believe it or not, our bottom feeding POS head basketball coach will be “keynote speaker” at the SIU law school commencement ceremony.  Absolutely UNBELIEVABLE!!!!  You just can’t make this shit up.

LOL   For some reason, in my mind,  I can see him passing out the diplomas with  a bottle BBQ sauce to the graduates at the commencement ceremony.   That is funny.

Booby's
(@boobys)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Posted by: Austinsaluki
Posted by: Front Row

They seriously couldn't find someone else? Also who's this year commencement speaker?

They've narrowed it down to two candidates:

Willis Wilson, head basketball coach at Texas A&M--Corpus Christi

Horace Broadnax, head basketball coach at Savannah State

They wanted to get the ShamWow guy, but he wasn't available.

PT say whichever guy gets selected will get a home game on our schedule. Speakers gotta stick together.

Craving a McBride Special!

(@blueredmaroon)
Davies Gym Poster

Posted by: Salukiholic
Posted by: dawgpoop

LOL   For some reason, in my mind,  I can see him passing out the diplomas with  a bottle BBQ sauce to the graduates at the commencement ceremony.   That is funny.

Hopefully there is a good photo of him on stage that Sal can use to photoshop that.

Saluki 69 and siudawg77 reacted
siudawg77
(@siudawg77)
Saluki Stadium Poster

The university has sunk to a new low allowing that bottom feeding POS to be the keynote speaker at a commencement ceremony.

saluki82
(@saluki82)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

He could probably give a long speech on how to achieve nothing but mediocrity and stay employed.

siudawg77 reacted
1DAWG
(@1dawg)

Absolutely can't understand the infatuation and blatant acceptance of what most respectable universities would deem failure.

The shit show that is SIU's administration and board continues.

(@multispeed)
Saluki Stadium Poster

By Bill Lukitsch
December 13, 2016

The terms of his contract awarded him a $5,000 incentive bonus for winning the Coach of the Year title and an additional $10,000 for winning more than 20 games last season. (2014/15)

https://dailyegyptian.com/63871/news/barry-hinsons-contract-to-last-through-2020/

20 wins= 10 k / 25 wins= 25 k

So, the d-2 win (2017/2018 20 win season) cost SIU students, tax payers and donors $10,000.00?

It's time to ask politicians and SIU administrators if funding requests explicitly state some of the money will be distributed as cash gifts/cash bonuses/cash allowances/etc.,  and will someone please calculate hin$son$ total cost? We have tried but most of his expenses are password protected.

Barkeep 1967
(@barkeep-1967)
SIU Arena Poster Admin

I have his contract  what are you looking for

SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

Can't believe SIU isn't involved with any transfers.  I understand the program is poison right now but I would think Barry would be going all out to save his job and at least have something to hang his hat on if the team misses the tournament next year.  I guess good job security goes a long way.

(@misty)
Charlotte West Stadium Poster

^ 1 over the limit.

I wonder if his contract specifies between D1 and D2 wins for the 20 win quota. 

carrcar
(@carrcar)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

Posted by: SalukiWorld

Can't believe SIU isn't involved with any transfers.  (ssnipped)

Schools are offering cars, apartments, girls, and money to get (or keep) possible transfers (and recruits). SIU-C offers BBQ sauce.

“The best thing about freshmen is that they become sophomores.”
-- Al McGuire

Woofie2
(@woofie2)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

I may leave a bag of cheetos on the bench next season.....

GoBlueSaluki
(@gobluesaluki)

Can't believe SIU isn't involved with any transfers.  I understand the program is poison right now but I would think Barry would be going all out to save his job and at least have something to hang his hat on if the team misses the tournament next year.  I guess good job security goes a long way.

The head coach should just have it written in his contract that he gives the Beane family roughly 15 percent of his yearly salary at this point.  Zero chance Barry could have recruited and secured Anthony Beane, Jr., were it not for hiring his dad.  Same with Jimmy Beane and Darius Beane.   

This has turned into such a joke, especially when people say Jimmy Beane is a great get.  Yeah, he should be good. But Hinson sure as heck didn't get him.   

(@siucubfan8)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster Admin

Posted by: GoBlueSaluki

The head coach should just have it written in his contract that he gives the Beane family roughly 15 percent of his yearly salary at this point.  Zero chance Barry could have recruited and secured Anthony Beane, Jr., were it not for hiring his dad.  Same with Jimmy Beane and Darius Beane.   

This has turned into such a joke, especially when people say Jimmy Beane is a great get.  Yeah, he should be good. But Hinson sure as heck didn't get him.   

I don’t think anyone is throwing bouquets at BH for Jimmy Beane.  We all know how he got here.

Page 17 / 73

Share: