Bradley @ SIU 2/15/22 7:00 PM ESPN+

179 Posts
37 Users
102 Reactions
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member
Topic starter  

The red hot Gargoyles come to the Banterra Center looking for their 8th win in 9 games.

Last Meeting:

The Braves beat SIU 70-62 on January 22nd in Peoria.  Lance Jones led SIU scorers with 19 on 7-12 shooting.  Rienk Mast led all scorers with 20 points on 9-13 shooting and added 9 rebounds.

Braves Key Players:

Terry Roberts: 15.1 PPG, 5.0 RPG, 4.3 APG, 1.5 SPG

Rienk Mast: 11.3 PPG, 8.4 RPG, 1.5 APG, 1.0 BPG

Malevy Leons: 9.9 PPG, 6.0 RPG, 1.3 APG, 1.2 BPG

MVC Standings:

Links:

SIU Game Notes

Bradley Game Notes

Peoria Journal Star Message Board

Bradley Fans Message Board

Saluki Radio Flashback: 2004 home win vs Bradley

Rodney Watson interview with Bradley coach Brian Wardle

Mike Reis Interview with Kevin Lehman

ReplyQuote
GoBlueSaluki
(@gobluesaluki)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

I thought we were basically locked into 6th place and avoiding Thursday at this point, but I did not realize we would have 9 conference losses and be tied with 3 other teams in that column if we lose this. 

Yea, we have 2 more wins than those teams, but I didn’t realize it was that close.  

ReplyQuote
siudawgs
(@siudawgs)
SIU Arena Poster

Posted by: @gobluesaluki

I thought we were basically locked into 6th place and avoiding Thursday at this point, but I did not realize we would have 9 conference losses and be tied with 3 other teams in that column if we lose this. 

Yea, we have 2 more wins than those teams, but I didn’t realize it was that close.  

According to this projection, looks like there's roughly a 90% chance Southern is the 6 seed. I think it's so high because most or all of the tiebreaker scenarios favor SIU with the other possibilities for the 6 seed: http://mvcfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5828

ReplyQuote
Saluki 4 Life
(@saluki-4-life)

Posted by: @gobluesaluki

SIU has a 25 percent chance to avoid Thursday even if they don't win another game.  I don't think they will need another win to avoid Thursday.  Let me lay it out for you.  We have the tiebreak over every single team below us. So to pass us each of these teams need 7 wins...

ILL ST - UNI, @Bradley, Loyola, @SIU,  Indiana State... do you see 3 wins there, even if they beat us? I don't

Valpo - Loyola, @Evansville, Evansville, Drake, @Bradley... 3 wins there?

Indiana State - @Missouri State, SIU, @Drake, UNI, @ILL ST... 3 wins there?

Even if any of those teams happen to win 3, which looking at the schedules could be tough, if we even win one more game one of them needs to win 4 of those games... I say almost no chance.

This post was modified 2 years ago by Saluki 4 Life

ReplyQuote
Kid
 Kid
(@kid)
Abe Martin Field Poster

Ok the team did what they needed to do against Evansville (Not Lose!) definitely wasn't pretty. Now it's time to go get a decent win against Bradley at home! Come on, just one time!, lol, I think we will miss Thursday,  with a 6 seed, no worries 

ReplyQuote
Saluki 4 Life
(@saluki-4-life)

Posted by: @kid

Ok the team did what they needed to do against Evansville (Not Lose!) definitely wasn't pretty. Now it's time to go get a decent win against Bradley at home! Come on, just one time!, lol, I think we will miss Thursday,  with a 6 seed, no worries 

Again, we would have to go 0-4 and even then someone is going to have to win a game they definitely shouldn't.

ReplyQuote
(@usmcsaluki)

Would love to see us finish strong and rattle off 4 straight wins to got into Arch Madness with some momentum and confidence, but Bradley is tall and we may need Marcus to dish out 10+ assists if we want to win.

Salukifan32 and rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
ReSaluki 88
(@resaluki-88)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @saluki-4-life

Again, we would have to go 0-4 and even then someone is going to have to win a game they definitely shouldn't.

We don't have the tiebreaker against Indiana State yet. If they beat us there we will have split the season series. Is the next tiebreaker record against higher ranked teams in the conference? If so, we would be in trouble if they beat us there and we tie for season. If the next tiebreaker is the NET ranking then we probably would get the nod.

ReplyQuote
Salukifan32
(@salukifan32)

If you told me at the end of last year that Bradley would be better than us this year I would have laughed in your face. Yet here we are

ReplyQuote
ReSaluki 88
(@resaluki-88)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @resaluki-88

We don't have the tiebreaker against Indiana State yet. If they beat us there we will have split the season series. Is the next tiebreaker record against higher ranked teams in the conference? If so, we would be in trouble if they beat us there and we tie for season. If the next tiebreaker is the NET ranking then we probably would get the nod.

Ok, I looked it up on the MVC website. As we know, 1st tiebreaker is head to head. If more than 2 teams tie it goes it to a round robin between the teams, which we should win in most cases. 3rd tiebreaker is the end of season NET rating, which again we should win based on current NET ratings. Indiana State and Illinois State can still split with us forcing the tiebreaker to go to the 2nd or 3rd scenario which we should both win.

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
Saluki 4 Life
(@saluki-4-life)

Posted by: @resaluki-88

It goes to NET and they can't pass us in NET.  We own the tiebreak over all of them without a doubt. 

ReplyQuote
Saluki 4 Life
(@saluki-4-life)

I guess there is a scenario where ILL ST, Indiana State and SIU all tie with 6/7 wins and Indiana State wins the tie break if they beat SIU and ILL ST and SIU loses to both ILL ST and Indiana State.  

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member
Topic starter  

SIU favored by 1.5

ReplyQuote
ReSaluki 88
(@resaluki-88)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @salukiworld

SIU favored by 1.5

This line has already moved to a pick em. Bradley will probably be a slight favorite by tip. If you are going to bet SIU you may wish to wait until just before tip.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 12

Share: