That dude nails it.

Go Dawgs!

ReplyQuote
Barkeep 1967
(@barkeep-1967)
SIU Arena Poster Admin
Topic starter  

@insaluki

I have been pretty clear my feelings on Kill for a long time. 

ReplyQuote
INSaluki
(@insaluki)
SIU Arena Poster

@barkeep-1967

I know and I totally respect your opinion... I have for many years.  At the same time, YOU are typically the voice of reason here.  Kill did a lot for this program, I believe that is undeniable.  Whether or not he did it with a genuine love of SIU is the debatable part.  

PackerDawg reacted
ReplyQuote
(@saluki86alum)
Davies Gym Poster

@packerdawg

"Tens of millions"? Not quite.  Read the actual agreement.  

ReplyQuote
Barkeep 1967
(@barkeep-1967)
SIU Arena Poster Admin
Topic starter  

@insaluki

I get it.  I am just one that does not think he did anything all that special. Most of the stuff you guys give hm credit for was set in motion by Bell.  He hired Mullins. A dead chimp could have seen that was the way to go. Banterra sponsorship ? No chance he got that done by himself that quickly.  Proof is there he fucked Bell without lube. He kept BBQ another year to position himself for the. AD job. He sued SIU.  He publicly blasted PJ Fleck then did the same thing. He talked about how much he loved Southern Illinois and then bolts first chance. That and he really really hated us with a deep venom.  I tried to approach him multiple times and not once did he respond. In my opinion he was a whole lot more like BBQ then anybody ever thought. It was all about Jerry Kill to Jerry Kill. 

ReplyQuote
saluki82
(@saluki82)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

I agree with this assessment and have said so since kill back stabbed Bell to get the job he wanted at the time. Now he is a "special assistant" again. Justin Fuente had better watch his back.

ReplyQuote
(@fisher08)
Davies Gym Poster

At least Tommy Bell would respond to emails. And usually very quickly and politely. You could tell from his email responses he actually cared about the university and the fan base. He took the time to read, consider, and understand the viewpoint being put in front of him. 

I don’t think you can say the same for Jerry. 

ReplyQuote
Barkeep 1967
(@barkeep-1967)
SIU Arena Poster Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @fisher08

At least Tommy Bell would respond to emails. And usually very quickly and politely. You could tell from his email responses he actually cared about the university and the fan base. He took the time to read, consider, and understand the viewpoint being put in front of him. 

I don’t think you can say the same for Jerry. 

Ya think ?   Like I said I tried several times 

ReplyQuote
beadmedaddio
(@beadmedaddio)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

I have to say, I sent Tommy Bell several emails.  I always received a very quick response.  My emails were complementary and his responses were thanking me.  I sent the Killer two emails when he was HC and one when he was AD.  All three were complementary.  I received three polite responses thanking me.  I will also send Liz a 'congrats and good luck' email when the dust settles.

I'm not sayin' -- I'm just sayin'!

ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

Posted by: @barkeep-1967

@insaluki

I get it.  I am just one that does not think he did anything all that special. Most of the stuff you guys give hm credit for was set in motion by Bell.  He hired Mullins. A dead chimp could have seen that was the way to go. Banterra sponsorship ? No chance he got that done by himself that quickly.  Proof is there he fucked Bell without lube. He kept BBQ another year to position himself for the. AD job. He sued SIU.  He publicly blasted PJ Fleck then did the same thing. He talked about how much he loved Southern Illinois and then bolts first chance. That and he really really hated us with a deep venom.  I tried to approach him multiple times and not once did he respond. In my opinion he was a whole lot more like BBQ then anybody ever thought. It was all about Jerry Kill to Jerry Kill. 

This is why I like to quote people!!  😀

I guess this means your love affair with the Killer is really over this time!

Not sure what Tommy Bell did that was so great - he Did hire a volleyball coach - a really bad one!

Kill had connections, high expectations,  and raised money. That's exactly what we need.

Fleck deserved it - he's a jerk! "did the same thing"?? not sure what that means.

ReplyQuote
Barkeep 1967
(@barkeep-1967)
SIU Arena Poster Admin
Topic starter  

He ripped Fleck for a lack of  loyalty  

ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

He ripped Fleck because he dissed the Minnesota program and "culture", which insulted Kill - with good reason.  The program was far better then than it is now.

ReplyQuote
(@1987saluki)
Abe Martin Field Poster

Posted by: @barkeep-1967

He ripped Fleck for a lack of  loyalty  

The quotes in question are here, too:

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/26034402/ex-gophers-coach-jerry-kill-criticizes-current-coach-pj-fleck

With some (but not 100%) certainty, I can state that Kill probably wishes he could take some of these comments back.

The proprietors of this bulletin board, IMHO, should feel the same way about a lot that has been posted here on this topic--those in charge of this board have lost whatever credibility they had. You'll have to trust me on that.

For those of you that don't realize how effective Jerry Kill was/is as SIU's AD...I'm afraid 'you don't know no better'.

For those of you who want to know what I think I know, listen (if necessary, more than once) to Reis' interview with Kill on the latter's departure.

Listen carefully. There's much to digest in that discussion.

(1) US COVID-19 statistics (February 29, 2020-June 16, 2020): 2,124,000 reported cases and 115,052 deaths
(2) Donald Trump (June 15, 2020) told a group of senior citizens that there would be very few cases of COVID-19 if the US stopped its testing and contact tracing: "If we stop testing right now, we'd have very few cases, actually."
(3) Donald Trump [(Jan 20, 2020), when asked if he's worried about a pandemic]: “No. Not at all. And we have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China, and we have it under control. It’s — going to be just fine.”

ReplyQuote
(@morris-saluki)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

“The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody has decided not to see.”
― Ayn Rand

ReplyQuote
PackerDawg
(@packerdawg)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

Here’s the link to Kill’s interview with Reis after stepping down: https://siusalukis.com/watch/?Archive=3774&type=Live

It’s a great interview by Reis I recommend you all listen.

ReplyQuote
Page 5 / 7

Share: