siudawgs
(@siudawgs)
SIU Arena Poster

Dawgs98 reacted
ReplyQuote
Dawgbytes
(@dawgbytes)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Murray State for all of their purported success has NEVER advanced to the Sweet Sixteen. Without a doubt their best opportunity was when they had Morant and played Florida State in the second round. They were blown out by 30 or so points. Let us not forget, they play in the freaking OVC!!!

The advancement and diffusion of knowledge is the only guardian of true liberty.
James Madison

ReplyQuote
siudawgs
(@siudawgs)
SIU Arena Poster

Posted by: @dawgbytes

Murray State for all of their purported success has NEVER advanced to the Sweet Sixteen. Without a doubt their best opportunity was when they had Morant and played Florida State in the second round. They were blown out by 30 or so points. Let us not forget, they play in the freaking OVC!!!

Perhaps you should also apply your seemingly very high standards for on-court success to UMKC and UT-Arlington?

The point many have made is that the Valley's identity has been programs with passionate fan bases that overachieve on the floor and occasionally are able to rise up and beat the big boys. Programs that place a premium on basketball success. Murray has that credibility, while the other rumored candidates do not. Not to mention Murray would bring roughly 10 times as many fans to Arch Madness as Kansas City or UT-Arlington, no small thing now that we've lost Creighton and Wichita (and to a lesser extent, Loyola).

I know you and others have it out for Murray, but maybe a bit of fairness in your analysis ... ?

usmcsaluki and rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
Dawgbytes
(@dawgbytes)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

I am not advocating for anyone. I am advocating against Murray. Thug programs reflect badly on the entire conference. Some people don't like turnips, or liver, or Bradley, or ISUred. I don't like Murray State. Racerscum as Dawgfan used to say. 

The advancement and diffusion of knowledge is the only guardian of true liberty.
James Madison

ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

Posted by: @siudawgs

https://twitter.com/TribStarTodd/status/1469146182299623432

This guy consulted me before writing this! LOL Exactly right! UIC and Murray make sense. 12 is a good number, 14 isn't. Those other two schools will turn the MVC into the Summit League and dilute what money we do get from the NCAA. And he invoked George Harrison: "Something in the way UIC and MSU look, attracts me like no other baller!"

UTA and UMKC are just awful ideas!

Funny how people on here that are usually ripping Kill a new orifice like to invoke his name as an oracle about something that happened years ago with different players and different coaches. As we all know, Kill can be a wee bit volatile.

Arch Madness, aptly renamed Arch Slightly Irritated since Wichita and Freighton left, would be rocking again with Racer fans and Flubs/UIC fans wanting to spit on Busch Stadium on the way to the basketball games.

ReplyQuote
GoBlueSaluki
(@gobluesaluki)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Who gives a sh*t at this point.  

Seriously. I just want SIU to be really good again.  

From what we have seen this season, they are not.  And if they’re not dominant next year, we lose Jones and Domask and have to start over yet again. 

and these upcoming D-2 games are embarrassing and a Jack move on Saluki fans hard-earned money.  

Nobody wants to watch that bullsh*t. 

Anyway, bring on whomever.  The real good programs have already left the conference.  

ReplyQuote
Trent Maroon
(@trent-maroon)
Dawg Pound Poster

Posted by: @gobluesaluki

and these upcoming D-2 games are embarrassing and a Jack move on Saluki fans hard-earned money.  

Nobody wants to watch that bullsh*t.   

I would say this is the biggest advantage to expansion. 2 expansion teams = 4 more conference games = no regular season games against D2s.

Don't see any reason to bring in more than 2, though.

ReplyQuote
Front Row
(@front-row)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

The more the old timers talk about their hatred for Murray State, the more I want them in. SIU NEEDS a bitter rivalry. 

UIC and Murray should be the only additions the Valley takes on. Keeps Chicago market engaged with UIC. I know us Chicago guys will thoroughly enjoy an annual trip to the Pavilion. Murray State is the add to help boost the Basketball profile with another top 100 team that competes pretty much every year. Depending on what happens with Western Illinois, I can't imagine Murray State will be able to bring football with them...

For KC and UT-A all they bring is potential markets. UT-A crosses off plenty of boxes, but it's location is a head scratcher as to why they want to go to freaking Frost Bite Falls in the winter or spend a couple of nights in middle of nowhere Indiana for all sports each year. Kansas City - Just no. If you're complaining about Valpo's high school gym, wait till you see where KC plays. I just watched a highlight where a player literally chased a ball into a hall way. 

Twitter: CPTNDONUTS
Former WIDB Sports Director and Dawg Pound President. Since my freshmen year, SIU Basketball has not appeared in a NCAA or NIT postseason game.

Austinsaluki reacted
ReplyQuote
Saluki 69
(@saluki-69)
SIU Arena Poster Admin

Amen brother.  There is a reason they are stuck in the nearly dead OVC.

ReplyQuote
Bleacher Bum
(@bleacher-bum)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

Posted by: @mr_woogers
Posted by: @bleacher-bum

tell me this isn't way better than WIU's.

my god have you ever been there man?  do you have a racers jersey in your closet?  

Have you been to WIU or IndSU's high school fields? Give me a break.

so you are not saying is that you have never been to that turd. 

ReplyQuote
Barkeep 1967
(@barkeep-1967)
SIU Arena Poster Admin

Posted by: @front-row

The more the old timers talk about their hatred for Murray State, the more I want them in. SIU NEEDS a bitter rivalry. 

UIC and Murray should be the only additions the Valley takes on. Keeps Chicago market engaged with UIC. I know us Chicago guys will thoroughly enjoy an annual trip to the Pavilion. Murray State is the add to help boost the Basketball profile with another top 100 team that competes pretty much every year. Depending on what happens with Western Illinois, I can't imagine Murray State will be able to bring football with them...

For KC and UT-A all they bring is potential markets. UT-A crosses off plenty of boxes, but it's location is a head scratcher as to why they want to go to freaking Frost Bite Falls in the winter or spend a couple of nights in middle of nowhere Indiana for all sports each year. Kansas City - Just no. If you're complaining about Valpo's high school gym, wait till you see where KC plays. I just watched a highlight where a player literally chased a ball into a hall way. 

Who you calling old ?  🤣

AnnaBob reacted
ReplyQuote
Bleacher Bum
(@bleacher-bum)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

Posted by: @siudawgs

https://twitter.com/TribStarTodd/status/1469146182299623432

Funny how people on here that are usually ripping Kill a new orifice like to invoke his name as an oracle about something that happened years ago with different players and different coaches. As we all know, Kill can be a wee bit volatile.

the real funny thing is how you can't say saint jerry was WRONG. go ahead and own it if you feel that strongly. 

it didn't take me two seconds to say this is one of the things he got right. 

suddenly all the people in the love fest with kill are dead silent on the question or in full deflection mode.

let them join some other conference.  oh wait, no one else wants them. surprising considering their world class facilities, sterling reputation, and 1 tournament win.

stay at 10. garbage in, garbage out.

Barkeep 1967 reacted
ReplyQuote
Front Row
(@front-row)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Your logic on this doesn't make sense. Creighton has never been to a Sweet 16 and look at where they are at now. Getting blown out by an FSU team by 30 points in the tournament that featured 4 NBA players isn't the worst thing in the world, even if you have JA.

Twitter: CPTNDONUTS
Former WIDB Sports Director and Dawg Pound President. Since my freshmen year, SIU Basketball has not appeared in a NCAA or NIT postseason game.

ReplyQuote
Barkeep 1967
(@barkeep-1967)
SIU Arena Poster Admin

As much as I enjoy the Kill bashing we should probably keep this somewhat on topic

fuck Bradley 

Fuck Murray

fuck UTA

fuck UNO 

all I got   If we have to go to 12 make it UIC and UNK

Psychodawg reacted
ReplyQuote
AnnaBob
(@annabob)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

I am ok with that.  However if you don't want to go to Cincinnati area, Milwaukee is close to home.  I have not heard their name at all in league discussions and there is probably a reason why, but I don't know what it is.

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 20

Share: