SIU @ Evansville 2/5/20 6:00 PM ESPN+

101 Posts
39 Users
77 Reactions
10.6 K Views
AtlantaSaluki
(@atlantasaluki)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

I don't see this coaching staff, or the team itself for that matter, to allow themselves an off night where they don't bring it, especially when you consider and remember that they were picked LAST in the Valley preseason. They will not allow themselves to take the foot off the pedal. That being said, I'm not saying this will be an easy game by any stretch. Based on the circumstances, most importantly our recent play and Williams not playing, I believe SIU continues its recent roll and wins the game !

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
AtlantaSaluki
(@atlantasaluki)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

I don't see this coaching staff, or the team itself for that matter, to allow themselves an off night where they don't bring it, especially when you consider and remember that they were picked LAST in the Valley preseason. They will not allow themselves to take the foot off the pedal. That being said, I'm not saying this will be an easy game by any stretch. Based on the circumstances, most importantly our recent play and Williams not playing, I believe SIU continues its recent roll and wins the game !

I agree with this.  This coaching staff has this team believing in themselves but has them also understanding that they have to bring their best every time out.  I thought it was great after the Drake game that they didn't jump up and down in joy but acted like it was business as usual.  We may lose a game but I don't think it will be for lack of effort or underestimating anyone.

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member
Topic starter  

SIU Game Notes

Evansville Game Notes

MVC Weekly Notes

Saluki 69 reacted
ReplyQuote
Saluki44
(@saluki44)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Super excited for tonight. Let's keep this train rolling and notch another big road win. SIU is currently -3 according to BetOnline. 

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
Saluki 69
(@saluki-69)
SIU Arena Poster Admin

Psychodawg reacted
ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member
Topic starter  

1965 flashback:
https://soundcloud.com/mikereis-siu/lees-sports-saluki-flashback-evansville-68-siu-67-22765

ReplyQuote
Woofie2
(@woofie2)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Evansville could snap themselves back together at any point, they did fire on all cylinders and beat Kentucky, lets hope that it isn't tonight.

(although I suspect Mullins has Lickliter's game plan pretty well figured out. as he did back in 2007...)

ReplyQuote
(@salukisideline)
Charlotte West Stadium Poster

This game worries me as I think Evansville is going to win one this season. A mix of a strong shooting night by Cunliffe and Williams returning could help the Aces. I’m really curious how well we play absent a herculean effort by a single player (e.g. Domask/McGill career nights). 

ReplyQuote
Saluki 4 Life
(@saluki-4-life)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Posted by: @salukisideline

This game worries me as I think Evansville is going to win one this season. A mix of a strong shooting night by Cunliffe and Williams returning could help the Aces. I’m really curious how well we play absent a herculean effort by a single player (e.g. Domask/McGill career nights). 

Anyone know if Williams is out tonight?

ReplyQuote
Salukibbfan1
(@salukibbfan1)
Saluki Stadium Poster

Posted by: @saluki-4-life

good question...anyone know?

ReplyQuote
Saluki44
(@saluki44)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Everything I've read suggests he's out. 

ReplyQuote
Austinsaluki
(@austinsaluki)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Posted by: @salukibbfan1

I've been poking around a bit. Heff's game preview doesn't even mention Williams. (That's the preview with the headline that says the Salukis are "weary" of Evansville.🙄) Nice work, Heff.

The E-ville message board has an entire thread about Williams, but it has veered wildly off-topic over the past few days, so no help there.

However, there is a game prediction thread in which participants pick the Aces' high scorer, and no one has predicted Williams. I'm going to tentatively guess that he won't be playing based on that, but I've seen nothing official.

(Inflammatory political snark)

ReplyQuote
Maroonloon
(@maroonloon)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

Posted by: @austinsaluki
Posted by: @salukibbfan1

I've been poking around a bit. Heff's game preview doesn't even mention Williams. (That's the preview with the headline that says the Salukis are "weary" of Evansville.) Nice work, Heff.

The E-ville message board has an entire thread about Williams, but it has veered wildly off-topic over the past few days, so no help there.

However, there is a game prediction thread in which participants pick the Aces' high scorer, and no one has predicted Williams. I'm going to tentatively guess that he won't be playing based on that, but I've seen nothing official.

That's nice work Austin. 

Much appreciated.

March on triumphantly!

Austinsaluki reacted
ReplyQuote
Saluki 69
(@saluki-69)
SIU Arena Poster Admin

The chat room is now open for the game tonight.  We have played with the settings just a little.  You can view chat without being logged in, but you must be logged in to your Saluki Insider account to post.

We are still running on the free trial so let us know if you have any issues.

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member
Topic starter  

There’s really no reason for Williams to come back until the last few games if he’s coming back at all

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 7

Share: