Clear all

SIU @ Illinois State 2/5/22 7:00 PM ESPN+/Marquee

157 Posts
32 Users
171 Reactions
Mdogs1
(@mdogs1)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

Great to celebrate a road win . Glad to be wrong.  Gives us  a leg up on not having to play on Thursday. Hopefully this leads to momentum for a win at UNI. A win at UNI would be huge for this programs future. Because it would be the first win against an upper division Valley team. It would be the first since Bryan’s first season. A shout out to the Dawg pound AWESOME 👏 support for the team. Hopefully they continue in the years to come. 

ReplyQuote
siudawgs
(@siudawgs)
SIU Arena Poster

If Lance can get his 3-point shot falling late in the season, that would be a very welcome development. ISU without Chatman is a good matchup for Filewich and glad to see him capitalize. And it was fun to watch a game that wasn’t a total slog in terms of pace and scoring.

As has been mentioned, still really need more/something offensively from guys like Verplancken and Brown so 30-plus from Jones or Domask isn’t necessary to win.

Rockin' Dawg reacted
ReplyQuote
Jabman62
(@jabman62)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

The best thing in my opinion is that after laying an egg against MOST after a good game against Valpo is the team came back with a good confident effort and other than Wednesday night the last 2 out of 3 games they are starting to look like the team we thought we would have. So for me shooting confidence and the insertion of Banks seems to be making of a  team ready to turn the corner adjustments have been made

ReplyQuote
Mdogs1
(@mdogs1)

@jabman62 Really Happy for the win. Really like to get a win over a top half Valley team  to show progress. I want to be a player in the MVC don’t want to have moral victories and only beat lower half teams . At some point Mullins and staff have to get meaningful wins. Hopefully that first one comes Wednesday night . 

Go Dawgs 

ReplyQuote
carrcar
(@carrcar)

Next year will we have to finish in the top 4 to avoid Thursday? 1-4 byes; Thursday 5vs12, 6vs11, 7vs10, 8vs9.

“The best thing about freshmen is that they become sophomores.”
-- Al McGuire

Class of 69 reacted
ReplyQuote
Kyle_Saluki_17
(@kyle_saluki_17)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Posted by: @carrcar

Next year will we have to finish in the top 4 to avoid Thursday? 1-4 byes; Thursday 5vs12, 6vs11, 7vs10, 8vs9.

Yes we will. Top 4 get a bye. The 4 seed is the most important place to be, because now they’ll get to play a tired 5 seed instead of a fresh one like the current system. 

ReplyQuote
Barkeep 1967
(@barkeep-1967)
SIU Arena Poster Admin

“Dawg Pound took a bus up to Blo-No last night. Mullins got on the bus after the game and talked about how much he loves SIU and it's his school. He bought them all dinner” 

say what you want Bryan is the coach I want 

This post was modified 2 years ago by Barkeep 1967

Class of 69, Psychodawg, PackerDawg and 8 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 Enuf
(@enuf)
Saluki Stadium Poster

Mullins on the bus a nice gesture. A page from Weber's handbook.

SalukiWorld reacted
ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: @barkeep-1967

“Dawg Pound took a bus up to Blo-No last night. Mullins got on the bus after the game and talked about how much he loves SIU and it's his school. He bought them all dinner” 

Wish I could post the video but I linked the Facebook post earlier.  Seems like he bought everyone pizza and told them to stick with the team because they're gonna win championships soon.  I really want this to work out.

A bunch of Dawg Pound alums donated some money to make it a free trip.  They're going to try to make this a yearly tradition, especially with Murray and Belmont joining

PackerDawg, usmcsaluki, Salukifan32 and 4 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Front Row
(@front-row)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Posted by: @salukiworld

Wish I could post the video but I linked the Facebook post earlier.  Seems like he bought everyone pizza and told them to stick with the team because they're gonna win championships soon.  I really want this to work out.

A bunch of Dawg Pound alums donated some money to make it a free trip.  They're going to try to make this a yearly tradition, especially with Murray and Belmont joining

Hope this becomes a yearly thing for the Dawg Pound and that they can support a bus trip some where other then St. Louis every year.

From a game prospective, I'm annoyed that they had another 4-7 minute scoring droughts in the second half. This can't keep happening if they want to make it to Saturday or Sunday at the Arch.

Twitter: CPTNDONUTS
Former WIDB Sports Director and Dawg Pound President. Since my freshmen year, SIU Basketball has not appeared in a NCAA or NIT postseason game.

ReplyQuote
Dawgbytes
(@dawgbytes)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

It is a no-brainer. Not all who post on fan message boards have brains though.

The advancement and diffusion of knowledge is the only guardian of true liberty.
James Madison

ReplyQuote
INSaluki
(@insaluki)
SIU Arena Poster

I can honestly say that I don't know a single fan who dislikes Bryan.  He is beyond likeable.  I can also say that I don't know a single fan that doesn't want to win games and championships.  The key question is, can he change what he's doing in order to make that happen?  Because nothing will be better than to win games, Valley championships and tournament games WHILE Bryan is head coach.  

Fraydog, Rockin' Dawg, Mdogs1 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Jabman62
(@jabman62)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

As far as scoring droughts we pay more attention to the Salukis because we are passionate but the scoring droughts seem to plaque college basketball 

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: @dawgbytes

It is a no-brainer. Not all who post on fan message boards have brains though.

Don't want to speak for everyone but I think everyone here wants Bryan as the head coach for the next 30 years

Psychodawg, Mdogs1, rafflaw and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member
Topic starter  

Rockin' Dawg, Mdogs1, saluki82 and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 9 / 11

Share: