1,000 Posts
103 Users
234 Likes
139.8 K Views
Booby's
(@boobys)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster
Topic starter  

I think most people here understandably want Mullins hired here in March 2019.

Just for the sake of argument let's say he's not available. Who are some others that should be on Kill's short list?

Craving a McBride Special!

ReplyQuote
SlyDawg
(@slydawg)
Saluki Stadium Poster

My Grandma, atleast she will be a better post game interview. 

ReplyQuote
Booby's
(@boobys)
Topic starter  

TJ Otzelberger

ReplyQuote
Barkeep 1967
(@barkeep-1967)
SIU Arena Poster Admin

The sad thing is Mullins was signed sealed and delivered.  All you Jerry Kill fans ponder on that for a moment 

btw that ship has sailed. Mullins will not be the coach at SIU 

ReplyQuote
(@dunkledog)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

We don't want Mullins anyway.

ReplyQuote
AnnaBob
(@annabob)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Who do you want?  Coach K or Maybe Coach Izo.   Personally I would take Bryan Mullins in a heartbeat.  I would be interested why BK thinks that is not a possibility?

ReplyQuote
Barkeep 1967
(@barkeep-1967)
SIU Arena Poster Admin

Posted by: Dunkledog

We don't want Mullins anyway.

Please step away from the bong.

not that it matters because that bridge has been burned but really ? How dumb are you ? 

ReplyQuote
Austinsaluki
(@austinsaluki)

"We" = Hinson fans 

Got it.

(Inflammatory political snark)

ReplyQuote
Saluki 4 Life
(@saluki-4-life)

I understand why Barkeep feels the ship on Mullins has sailed. I adamantly disagree. Bryan Mullins wanted to coach SIU more than anything.  One person does not change the way he feels about this university and the fans who loved him so much.  If we dump Hinson and tell him he's officially gone and its his job he will take it.  One person, not the University messed it up.  Mullins loves SIU I know that for a fact and wants to coach the Salukis, also know it for a fact.

ReplyQuote
Psychodawg
(@psychodawg)
Saluki Stadium Poster

I don't think that ship has sailed, at least I am hopeful.  We need a new coach.  The Murray State  game was pathetic.  

WOOF!

ReplyQuote
Spike
(@spike)

My personal pick would be TJ Cleveland. Assistant at Arkansas. He is young and also their lead recruiter IIRC.  

I think it would be a good job for him. He is an Arkansas alum and is Mike Anderson's(happy belated birthday, Coach Anderson) nephew, and he has been an assistant for Anderson for 14 seasons across 3 schools (UAB, Missouri, and Arkansas), with 7 NCAA tourney appearances in that time frame.  

With his time at Missouri he has recruited the midwest before and could open up new areas in the south. 

Just my two ¢

ReplyQuote
Saloukeyfan
(@saloukeyfan)

Bill Gates

ReplyQuote
Booby's
(@boobys)
Topic starter  
Posted by: Saluki 4 Life

I understand why Barkeep feels the ship on Mullins has sailed. I adamantly disagree. Bryan Mullins wanted to coach SIU more than anything.  One person does not change the way he feels about this university and the fans who loved him so much.  If we dump Hinson and tell him he's officially gone and its his job he will take it.  One person, not the University messed it up.  Mullins loves SIU I know that for a fact and wants to coach the Salukis, also know it for a fact.

hope you are correct and Bryan doesn't hold a grudge because that bridge got torched pretty good. 

ReplyQuote
Spike
(@spike)

Had Mullins agreed to take the job and been informed it was his or had they not got that far yet?

ReplyQuote
Barkeep 1967
(@barkeep-1967)
SIU Arena Poster Admin

Posted by: Spike

Had Mullins agreed to take the job and been informed it was his or had they not got that far yet?

I do not know any of the details 

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 67

Share: