Clear all

MVC Predictions

37 Posts
18 Users
5 Reactions
15.4 K Views
(@stlsalukifan)
Charlotte West Stadium Poster

I get your dislike of Hinson and Southern's decision to keep him... but saying that anything outside of first in this league counts as a massive failure?  Can't go there. That's too much disrespect to the programs at Loyola, ISU, and Northern Iowa.  I do expect that Southern will be very competitive for the league championship.  Should be a fun year

ReplyQuote
DR222
(@dr222)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

Posted by: underdawg

https://twitter.com/SIU_Basketball

Second tweet down three pics from today's workout

Cook defending McGill/ Bartley defending Lloyd/and I believe Swedura defending someone I can't identify

Bol is in the background with small bandage on right knee

Looks like Swedura is guarding Sam Shafer.

https://twitter.com/SIU_Basketball/status/1009215041797836801

ReplyQuote
underdawg
(@underdawg)

Yeh after going to some googled pics of him --you are of course correct. I'm a hoping Bol's leg bandage is from a scope instead of any complicated procedure! At least he is standing without crutches

ReplyQuote
beadmedaddio
(@beadmedaddio)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: STLSalukiFan

I get your dislike of Hinson and Southern's decision to keep him... but saying that anything outside of first in this league counts as a massive failure?  Can't go there. That's too much disrespect to the programs at Loyola, ISU, and Northern Iowa.  I do expect that Southern will be very competitive for the league championship.  Should be a fun year

I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with you 100%.  Chester has had seven years to build 'his team'.  It's virtually all seniors this year.  He's mortgaged the next two/three years to get this team of seniors.  Chester's all in!  Twenty years of failure by not making the NCAA Tournament in his coaching career has to end this season, or it's absolutely a massive failure.  The result will be ten years of Chester Cheetos at SIU and nothing to show for it.

I'm not sayin' -- I'm just sayin'!

ReplyQuote
Saluki 69
(@saluki-69)
SIU Arena Poster Admin

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

Posted by: Saluki 69

This looks about right.  Evansville and Drake can probably be switched.

ReplyQuote
underdawg
(@underdawg)

1. ILState

2. SIU

3. Loyola

4.Bradley

5.Valpo

6. UNI

7. MSU

8. Ind State

9.Aces

10. Drake

Although media and SI picks pre-season will probably be near same as this guy's picks

ReplyQuote
Spike
(@spike)

1. Illinois State

2. Loyola

3. Northern Iowa

4. Bradley

5. Missouri State

6. Southern Illinois

7. Valparaiso

8. Evansville

9. Indiana State

10. Drake

I just don't think SIU has the talent to compete with the top teams. Their MVC finish kind of shadowed their mediocrity last year, where they finished in the bottom half statistically of most every category. Northern Iowa surely won't have the issues they had last year and have a talented roster. Lusk left his successor quite a bit of talent. And I think Wardle's Bradley team is ready to take the next step. 

ReplyQuote
Barkeep 1967
(@barkeep-1967)
SIU Arena Poster Admin

You are all very much wrong about Valpo. They will be top three and challenge for the top 

ReplyQuote
Saluki 69
(@saluki-69)
SIU Arena Poster Admin

Posted by: Barkeep 1967

You are all very much wrong about Valpo. They will be top three and challenge for the top 

I very much agree with you on this. They are my sleeper team. They are quite big and were really starting mature near the end of last season.  They will be trouble if they get some early confidence and start filling their gym.

ReplyQuote
Saloukeyfan
(@saloukeyfan)

1. Loyola

2. Valpo

3. Illinois State

4. Bradley

5. No. Iowa

6. SIU

7. Mo State

8. Indy State

9. Evansville

10. Drake

I am wrong 99% of the time  👍 

ReplyQuote
DeepSouthSaluki
(@deepsouthsaluki)
Charlotte West Stadium Poster

1. Loyola

2.Illinois State

3.Valpo

4.SIU

5. No. Iowa

6.Mo State

7.Bradley

8. Indy State

9. Evansville

10. Drake

We have some talent and experience this year. i think the Valpo/Northern Iowa/Missouri State are the hardest ones to predict. If we can beat all of them out, it will be a fun season. ISU and Loyola will be difficult to top. 

ReplyQuote
Front Row
(@front-row)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

1. Valpo

2. SIU

3. Bradley

4. Illinois State

5. Loyola

6. Mo. State

7. UNI

8. Drake

9. Indiana State

10. Evansville

Valpo might sneak in and win the Valley this year. 

Twitter: CPTNDONUTS
Former WIDB Sports Director and Dawg Pound President. Since my freshmen year, SIU Basketball has not appeared in a NCAA or NIT postseason game.

ReplyQuote
Austinsaluki
(@austinsaluki)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Posted by: Front Row

1. Valpo

2. SIU

3. Bradley

4. Illinois State

5. Loyola

6. Mo. State

7. UNI

8. Drake

9. Indiana State

10. Evansville

Valpo might sneak in and win the Valley this year. 

Loyola fifth? Custer, Townes, and Krutwig are coming back from a Final Four team. They might not be first, but good lord, if they finish FIFTH Moser should be fired. That is insane, though of course, crazier things have happened (including a senior-laden roster, like SIU's, not performing as hoped). 

Well, I shouldn't just bitch about someone else's predictions, so here goes my top five:

Loyola

Valpo

ISUr

Bradley

SIU

I'm tempted to put UNI above us for the same reason I put Bradley above us: superior coaching.

The rest? Don't care. I actually don't really care about anyone but 1-2. 

(Inflammatory political snark)

ReplyQuote
siudawgs
(@siudawgs)
SIU Arena Poster

UNI surprisingly got immediate eligibility for a kid who made the WCC all-freshman team last year at Pepperdine: https://wcfcourier.com/sports/college/uni/mens_basketball/college-men-s-basketball-berhow-set-to-make-an-immediate/article_4229c4f9-818e-5ebe-b574-b3024b4bcbb7.html

Beyond the four Illinois schools who are expected to contend, it looks like it'll be a dogfight to avoid Thursday between UNI, Valpo, Indiana State and Missouri State, all of whom should be pretty decent. Drake (likely 9th) and Evansville (likely 10th) can make their Thursday plans early.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 3

Share: