Clear all

Luke Martin - first impressions

14 Posts
12 Users
12 Reactions
(@siu-grad-87)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster
Topic starter  

Even though Mike Reis is irreplaceable, in my opinion, I really enjoyed Martin’s infectious enthusiasm throughout last night’s radio broadcast. 

It is very obvious he busts his tail and wants to deliver a good product. 

Looking forward to hearing more. 

What did everyone else think?  

Supporter of the Fab 4: Scottie Ebube, Foster Wonders, AJ Ferguson & Cade Hornecker.

They’re the ones that can get us where we haven’t been in 15 years.

Saluki44 and INSaluki reacted
ReplyQuote
Jabman62
(@jabman62)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

I was impressed loved the enthusiasm but at times it sounded a little forced which is understandable in replacing a legend I believe once he relaxes a little and realize he has the job he will be better as far as key calls but I may be nitpicking which is what my wife says it's what I do best

This post was modified 9 months ago by Jabman62

ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

Agree. One think I liked about Mike is that he was so natural. Didn't talk too much - just right. I think Luke will cool it a bit and be more natural eventually, but he's doing fine. I especially appreciate some of his pre-season coverage since Weber has defaulted to the camcorder last couple of years for any info and The Southern doesn't do much now that it's not really a local newspaper.

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
Saluki44
(@saluki44)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

He is outstanding.

I’m impressed by his knowledge of the roster after just a few months on the job. I realize it’s expected that he knows it, but it seems like he’s been covering the team for years.

Kudos to SIU/Learfield for stepping up and making his hire.

rafflaw and Austinsaluki reacted
ReplyQuote
(@wk-saluki)
Charlotte West Stadium Poster

I’ve been impressed with Luke.  He seems like a good hire who is very passionate about his work.  His preseason content has been very enjoyable and his game call was good as well.  Very well done so far!

Saluki44 and rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
(@siu-grad-87)
Topic starter  

Guys, the man grew up in Indiana, they don’t even teach football there until what, 12th grade?

College? 😇 

I thought he did a really good job. And the fact that his very first Saluki TD call was possibly an error?   Makes me like him even more. 😎 

Supporter of the Fab 4: Scottie Ebube, Foster Wonders, AJ Ferguson & Cade Hornecker.

They’re the ones that can get us where we haven’t been in 15 years.

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
Dawg
 Dawg
(@dawg)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Why can’t he do the audio for ESPN?  The ESPN clowns were almost unlistenable.

ReplyQuote
OBD
 OBD
(@obd)
McAndrew Stadium Poster Admin

We were on the road for a lot of the weekend so we didn't get to see the game but I listened to a lot of the first half. I enjoyed listening to Luke. I thought he got a little over-hyped a few times early but SIU played like it deserved it. I attributed it to first-game nerves. But yes, I thought he did well.

BTW, I am proud of you guys. I read through the whole game thread and I didn't see one person say, "WHERE THE HELL IS REIS????"

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
cleek
(@cleek)
Saluki Stadium Poster

Posted by: @obd

BTW, I am proud of you guys. I read through the whole game thread and I didn't see one person say, "WHERE THE HELL IS REIS????"

LOL!

History repeats itself, first as tragedy, second as farce.
-Karl Marx

ReplyQuote
Jabman62
(@jabman62)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

I will really miss Reis during basketball when someone rises up and hits a 3 and I won't hear the signature BOOK IT

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
Wood
 Wood
(@wood)
Abe Martin Field Poster

I just listened to him for the first time in the highlight sizzle reel and I like him a lot.  Going to be a smooth transition from Reis.  

Saluki44 reacted
ReplyQuote
TJ McFlys
(@tj-mcflys)

Doing an excellent job thus far. Very professional on the air, and have loved his interviews as well. Thanks for becoming a Saluki Luke!

ReplyQuote
1DAWG
(@1dawg)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Think he’s doing an outstanding job thus far.  Appears to be a fantastic hire.

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote

Share: