MVFC

59 Posts
15 Users
32 Reactions
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member
Topic starter  

The Missouri Valley Football Conference boasts 7 of top 11 QBs in FCS completion pct:
1-Cam Miller (NDSU): 76.3
4-Tommy Schuster (UND): 70.9
6-Aidan Bouman (USD): 69.9
7-Mitch Davidson (YSU): 69.6
8-Mark Gronowski (SDSU): 69.23
9-Zack Annexstad (Ill St): 69.19
11-Nic Baker (SIU) 68.1

— FCS Football (@FCS_STATS) October 26, 2023

https://valley-football.org/news/2023/10/23/football-seven-in-missouri-valley-ranked-in-stats-perform-poll-this-week.aspx

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
ReSaluki 88
(@resaluki-88)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

#4 South Dakota getting man handled at home by #1 Jack Rabbits. The winner between us and S.D. next week will pretty much clinch a playoff spot.

ReplyQuote
ReSaluki 88
(@resaluki-88)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

UND kicks a very late FG to tie Indiana State. Game going into OT. An Indiana State win would put SIU well ahead of UND in regards to large playoff prospects.

Salukifan32 reacted
ReplyQuote
ReSaluki 88
(@resaluki-88)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

North Dakota wins in OT by 36-33.

ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member
Topic starter  

As long as we whip InSU and play close or beat (which I expect) USD, we're in.

SDSU, USD, NDSU, SIU then a 5th will be between UNI, YSU, and Redturd State.

ReplyQuote
ReSaluki 88
(@resaluki-88)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @mr_woogers

You forgot North Dakota. Illinois State is pretty much out of contention with their loss to UNI. We lose to both NDSU and USD and there is a reasonable chance we don't get in. Too many good teams in the MVFC. YSU and UNI are making runs. 5 or 6 MVFC teams will get in. If it's only 5 then 2 very good teams will get left out. One of them could be SIU.

ReplyQuote
Saluki44
(@saluki44)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

It goes without stating that next week is a huge game. Could make or break our playoff hopes and it would be damn shame for this team to miss the playoffs.

We get Ro back, and hopefully Cox isn’t more injured than he was yesterday. 

We need good fan turnout like we had against SDSU.

First weekend in November. Highs in the low 60s. Great football weather. 

ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member
Topic starter  

Posted by: @resaluki-88

Posted by: @mr_woogers

You forgot North Dakota. Illinois State is pretty much out of contention with their loss to UNI. We lose to both NDSU and USD and there is a reasonable chance we don't get in. Too many good teams in the MVFC. YSU and UNI are making runs. 5 or 6 MVFC teams will get in. If it's only 5 then 2 very good teams will get left out. One of them could be SIU.

UND is 5 - 3 with games at Murray (6 - 3), at USD (6 - 4), and home against the Turds (??). They got destroyed by UNI 27 - 0, SDSU, and Boise. They luckily beat winless INSU at home - a bad win in my book. If they win at USD (which I don't expect), they have a good chance at a bid.

Brock Chickenspackle and his Turds are 4 - 4. If they win out at MoSt, Murray, and at UND, they've got a  chance at a bid.

YSU is 5 - 3 with games at INSU (6 - 3), SDSU (6 - 4), and at Murray (7 - 4) plus they have a blowout win against us and a good loss at UNI. A couple of their wins are wimpy - Valpo and Robert Morris.

6 - 2 USD is at WIU (7 - 2), at TSIU (7 - 3), and home against UND (??). They're going to have 7 wins and a great win at NDSU. One of their losses was  35 - 10 at #14 Mizzou (only loss at LSU) - not a bad loss.

As long as we have 7 wins, I think our win at NIU and the blowout of APSU has us in. 

I don't see any way the committee lets 6 teams in from the same conference - all the other FCS schools would scream bloody murder, plus the committee members from other conferences wouldn't let that happen.

This post was modified 7 months ago by Mr_Woogers

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

Austin Peay, SEMO, and NIU all started slow but have turned their seasons around.  Might be enough to get SIU in with a 1-2 finish.  I hope SIU doesn't back in though.

Salukifan32 reacted
ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member
Topic starter  

Anyone see this?

NDSU Coach Matt ENtz Leaving for USC

Defensive coach for USC - probably a mill a year or more.

https://www.inforum.com/sports/bison-head-coach-matt-entz-accepts-coaching-job-at-another-school?auth0Authentication=true&__vfz=medium%3Dsharebar

This post was modified 5 months ago by Mr_Woogers

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
OBD
 OBD
(@obd)
McAndrew Stadium Poster Admin

The former (but fired) defensive coordinator at USC was making in the area of $2 million/year.

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

I wonder if Entz saw the writing on the wall earlier this year and was shopping himself around?  Bison sort of saved their season in the SIU game and they haven't turned back since.

ReplyQuote
Jabman62
(@jabman62)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

If Entz turns around the USC defense and makes them a contender in the big 10 quickly he can write his own ticket to a power 5 job instead of taking lower FBS jobs to get there

Salukifan32 and rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
Jabman62
(@jabman62)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Apparently SDSU is back firing on all cylinders with a 59 to 0 beat down of Albany 

ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member
Topic starter  

Posted by: @salukiworld

I wonder if Entz saw the writing on the wall earlier this year and was shopping himself around?  Bison sort of saved their season in the SIU game and they haven't turned back since.

You mean winning two Nat'l titles since 2019 and making it to the championship game last year, and making it at least to the Final four this year? Two National Coach of the year awards.

Don't think he was on any hot seat but he's not going to turn down that huge salary.

Salukifan32 reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 4

Share: