(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member
Topic starter  

Highlights:

Austinsaluki reacted
ReplyQuote
(@pgasaluki)
Davies Gym Poster

I wonder if Nick made it back to Carbondale before Dekalb called with an expression of interest?

ReplyQuote
(@pgasaluki)
Davies Gym Poster

NIU Coach Hammock was Dead Man Walking at the end of the game. His body language reflected in his teams lack of energy at the end IMO. Saluki D can take credit for that. Go Dawgs

If Boston College beats FCS 5th ranked Holy Cross what should we be ranked going into the SEMO game?

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member
Topic starter  

Posted by: @pgasaluki

I wonder if Nick made it back to Carbondale before Dekalb called with an expression of interest?

Hill is making a name for competing with and beating FBS teams but not sure his resume is good enough yet for FBS teams to come calling for a HC job.  I know he's had serious Power 5 OC interest though.

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member
Topic starter  

https://twitter.com/_LukePMartin/status/1700910141321715909

ReplyQuote
(@valleyfb)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Nice to be 2-0. Defense is lights out. This is a championship caliber defense. 
Offense 1-11 in 3rd down situations. 
We will see much much much better defense vs half the valley teams. Hope we find a way to utilize an outstanding WRs room. I’ll beat a dead horse. I’m tired of not being able to attack over the top. We have great athletes on the outside and we count on bubble screens to be explosive plays. 

Saluki44 reacted
ReplyQuote
the bobber
(@the-bobber)
Saluki Platnum Member Saluki Insider

national rankings from both sagarin and massey:

1.  rabbits

2.  bison

4.  salukis

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
Maroonloon
(@maroonloon)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

Just back from DeKalb and great win for Saluki gridders! Have not read entire thread so apologies if being repetitive.

Tailgating was as great as the weather.

SIU defense was outstanding (other than some bad DB play), offense sluggish, special teams mediocre to bad.

NIU looked completely disinterested in the game other than Lombardi passing, just flat as a pancake.

Saluki fans were awesome! Hope it came across that way media wise. Maybe slightly more SIU fans than NW last year and were they ever vocal.

March on triumphantly!

Saluki44 reacted
ReplyQuote
TJ McFlys
(@tj-mcflys)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

It was once again a GREAT day to be a Saluki! Tons of Saluki fans there representing the maroon and white. Always love seeing and soaking in the college football environment. Had a betting feeling that the Huskies would have a let down after big OT win at BC, and it certainly seemed that way. NIU seemed out of touch entire game, except for a few big throws/receptions from Michigan State transfer and Uncle Vince Lombardi's nephew. Rocky. Dawgs defense, is pretty darn special. Some folks felt NIU would wear us down second half with their size, and it just didn't happen. Similar to last year after NU defeated a bad Nebraska team, 0-2 SIU was going to get manhandled, however... 

Not a coach, just an alum and big fan. Just a few requests for the OC.

1. When it's 3rd down, and a yard to go, run it right side, run it left side. Do not throw, especially if opponent can not stop the run.

2. Instead of a single back formation, can we line up a fullback occasionally to pave a path for said back.

3. Is it possible to use a crossing pattern, and throw over the middle to get our speedy receivers into open space. 

Overall, it was a fantastic environment, and most enjoyable talking with both fanbases. The victory and fight song made the long ride home so much more enjoyable. We owe SEMO...

GO DAWGS!!!

ReplyQuote
(@risaluki)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

While I say it's always a great day to be a Saluki, Saturday's win in DeKalb was an especially enjoyable day to be a Dawg.  Can't wait to fly in for Homecoming and see them in person!

Go Dawgs.

rafflaw and Saluki44 reacted
ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member
Topic starter  

10 minutes of highlights:

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 14 / 14

Share: