What are your plans...

Notifications
Clear all

What are your plans for the bye weekend?

13 Posts
8 Users
9 Reactions
OBD
 OBD
(@obd)
McAndrew Stadium Poster Admin
Topic starter  

Since the Salukis don't play this coming weekend, what are your plans to spend the day?

Some good FBS games:

Florida St. at Clemson

Ole Miss at Alabama

Colorado at Oregon

UCLA at Utah

Ohio St. at Notre Dame

Oregon St. at Washington St. (both teams ranked)

On the FCS side....

Montana St. at Weber St.

One pointer, though. DON'T go apple picking. Mrs. OBD sent me to Eckert's in Belleville on an errand on Sunday. It was an absolute ZOO there. Wall to wall people....

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
Dawg
 Dawg
(@dawg)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Texas Tech Red Raiders vs WVU (TTU is my kids alma mater and where a cool $150k of my money went).

Root for whoever plays the whining Illini

Coach Prime everytime cause its fun.

Root for whoever play Texas

ReplyQuote
Salukifan32
(@salukifan32)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

I'll be watching the Washington State and Oregon State game. Very fun under the radar game between two teams with an extra chip on their shoulder this year 

ReplyQuote
OBD
 OBD
(@obd)
McAndrew Stadium Poster Admin
Topic starter  

Because of other games going on, I haven't had a chance to watch Coach Prime in action. We're going to find out if Colorado is for real in the next two weeks, playing at Oregon and then USC in Boulder next weekend.

ReplyQuote
Dawg
 Dawg
(@dawg)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Posted by: @obd

Because of other games going on, I haven't had a chance to watch Coach Prime in action. We're going to find out if Colorado is for real in the next two weeks, playing at Oregon and then USC in Boulder next weekend.

I can't predict the outcome of those games, but Shaddeur Sanders is this real deal.  He is a lot of fun to watch.  I haven't missed a game yet.

ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

Sanders has improved the talent at CU, but I think they're a long ways from USC and Oregon. We'll find out soon.

The game I think could be a good one is Ohio State at Our Lady U Saturday at 6:30. OSU is loaded at WR and RB but their O line is new and the QB is a big step down from Stroud IMO. Our Lady appears to be really good too, but this is a far better opponent than the previous four.

Montana State at Weber State at 7 PM. on ESPN+ should be a really good FCS game.

Salukifan32 and rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
Dawgbytes
(@dawgbytes)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

A. See if Pompano are running yet.

B. See if Pompano are running yet and play golf.

C. Whatever my wife tells me to do.

Option C is most likely outcome.

The advancement and diffusion of knowledge is the only guardian of true liberty.
James Madison

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
Jabman62
(@jabman62)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Apparently not reading much on Saluki insider may go thru withdrawals

Maroonloon reacted
ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

Oregon really shut down the Colorado thing 

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

Northwestern comes from 34-10 down to beat Minnesota in OT. Great win.

Ohio State at UND was a great game. UND has a very impressive O line. Ohio State drove down the field with very little time left and beat them with a new QB in his 4th start. After the game, an emotional Ryan Day called out Lou Holtz. Pregame Holtz said stuff like 

"(Day) has lost to Alabama, Georgia, Clemson and Michigan twice. And everybody that beats him does so because they are more physical than Ohio State. And I think Notre Dame will take that same approach."

Guess Lou forgot the last time OSU played Clemson - blew them out in 2021 playoffs. Also, easily beat UND last year. Lost to Nat'l Champ Georgia by 1 last year. 

Lou spouting off: https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-football/2023/09/141049/notre-dame-is-a-better-football-team-than-ohio-state-lou-holtz-calls-out-ohio-state-ryan-day-ahead-of-top-10

Day:

"I'd like to know where Lou Holtz is right now," Day said. "What he said about our team, what he said about our team – I cannot believe. This is a tough team right here. We're proud to be from Ohio. It's always been Ohio against the world, and it will continue to be Ohio against the world. But I'll tell you what. I love those kids. We have a tough team."

The Ohio State head coach continued his passionate speech when asked what the Buckeyes proved to him in their top-10 win over Notre Dame.

"Toughness. Toughness," Day said. "Everybody questions these kids all the time. We had one bad half in the last couple of years. That's it. Everybody wants to question these guys. These guys are warriors right here. To come back here and win. For this kid (Kyle McCord) to come back in the second half. I am emotional about this for a reason.

"A lot of people question these kids and say a lot of things about them. And I love them. When someone attacks your family, to come in and win like this, it's special. It's a great win for our program and a great win for Ohio State."

In his postgame press conference, Day shared that he and his players don't often listen to "outside noise," regardless of whether it's positive or negative. Still, Day believes there are times when that noise can be used – and should be used – as motivation to send a message with performance on the field.

"In life, when people start saying things about you – at some point you have to put your foot in the ground, and our team did that," Day said. "It was a life lesson."

He also used the additional media opportunity to further comment on Holtz's remarks from earlier this week.

"I don't know where he gets off saying those types of things. I don't," Day said. "I have some things I'd like to say, too, but I'm not gonna say that because I'm more respectful than he is."

Penn State destroys Iowa 31 - 0.  Penn State at Ohio State should be a great game.

Illinois unimpressively beats Fla. Atlantic 23 - 17. 

#3 Mont. State whips Weber 40 - 0. That's a shocker.

Saluki44 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@risaluki)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

I plan to continue working to have plenty of spending cash for Homecoming weekend.  Harbaugh's, Mary Lou's, golf The Flame, Global Gourmet, 17th Street, Billy's Chili the former DQ, Pagliai's and I hear there might be a football game too.

ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

Posted by: @risaluki

I plan to continue working to have plenty of spending cash for Homecoming weekend.  Harbaugh's, Mary Lou's, golf The Flame, Global Gourmet, 17th Street, Billy's Chili the former DQ, Pagliai's and I hear there might be a football game too.

Dude you're gonna gain 10 lbs in a weekend! 🙂 

The homemade donuts at Faye's in Murph are fabuloso!

ReplyQuote
(@risaluki)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

@mr_woogers I should be back up to my throwing weight when I leave The Dale.  Might have to fly home in the Cargo section.

rafflaw and Cowboydawg reacted
ReplyQuote

Share: