25 Posts
9 Users
6 Likes
Saluki 69
(@saluki-69)
SIU Arena Poster Admin

Posted by: @obd

Posted by: @saluki-69

@beadmedaddio Thanks for the offer, but this update was included. We didn't push it out earlier because you never know what else it will break! 🙂

I like this new look compared to the old one. Now, if you would just change the font.... 😀 

@OBD  The font in the posts?  What do you suggest? I think we can accommodate that if it's reasonable.  I can take a look.

ReplyQuote
Saluki 69
(@saluki-69)
SIU Arena Poster Admin

@mr_woogers I can't find any reason for the login issue.  I will open a ticket on that one, too. Thanks!

ReplyQuote
Saluki 69
(@saluki-69)
SIU Arena Poster Admin

Posted by: @mr_woogers

@saluki-69 Thanks. Definitely a cleaner, better look I'd say. Let's hope that works.

One thing I just noticed that hasn't changed is that after logging in, if I go to reply to a post, I still need to refresh the page before my login is recognized ( it still says I need to login). Seems like after a login, the cache or page or cookie should be updated automatically. 

@mr_woogers  Give this a look again when you have time.  They had me turn off a cache engine that they think conflicted with their own.  I'm not seeing it anymore, but would like confirmation from someone else.  Thanks!

DR222 reacted
ReplyQuote
DR222
(@dr222)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

Great!   I think mine is working correctly now too!  It has been a burden trying to log in and post for several weeks!

Saluki 69 reacted
ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member
Topic starter  

Posted by: @mr_woogers

@saluki-69 Thanks. Definitely a cleaner, better look I'd say. Let's hope that works.

One thing I just noticed that hasn't changed is that after logging in, if I go to reply to a post, I still need to refresh the page before my login is recognized ( it still says I need to login). Seems like after a login, the cache or page or cookie should be updated automatically. 

@mr_woogers  Give this a look again when you have time.  They had me turn off a cache engine that they think conflicted with their own.  I'm not seeing it anymore, but would like confirmation from someone else.  Thanks!

I think that was it. Seems to working as it should now. Thanks.

Saluki 69 reacted
ReplyQuote
Saluki 69
(@saluki-69)
SIU Arena Poster Admin

@dr222 @mr_Woogers Thanks for the help!

ReplyQuote
OBD
 OBD
(@obd)
McAndrew Stadium Poster Admin

Posted by: @obd

@beadmedaddio Thanks for the offer, but this update was included. We didn't push it out earlier because you never know what else it will break! 🙂

I like this new look compared to the old one. Now, if you would just change the font.... 😀 

@OBD  The font in the posts?  What do you suggest? I think we can accommodate that if it's reasonable.  I can take a look.

@saluki-69

I went on the Wayback Machine to find an old copy of SalukiTalk and the fonts in the CSS were Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, and sans-serif. I kinda liked those. 

If we're open to suggestions... 😀 

I'd love to see the width of the text to be something like 80 percent of your monitor rather than a fixed width. Those of us with wide-screen monitors would appreciate it. My HTML and CSS skills are pretty rusty these days but I think the CSS style you need to look at is "entry-content".

You guys do a great job with the site.

ReplyQuote
Saluki 69
(@saluki-69)
SIU Arena Poster Admin

@obd I will take a look at our font options. 

I know what you are saying about width.  I have fought with the CSS for years in that.  The best I can figure out is that there is some conflicting code and the smaller width is winning out.

I'll look for the tag you mentioned and see what I can find.  

Maybe Barkeep can take a run at it if I can't find it. 😁

ReplyQuote
OBD
 OBD
(@obd)
McAndrew Stadium Poster Admin

Check this piece of code in style.css around line 3420. Change the left and right margin to 5% instead of 15% and see if it breaks anything else.

ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member
Topic starter  

Once again the links have disappeared on any "prev" pages so that it's not possible to reply to or quote a comment.  Same issue as before!

I rebooted - still there.

This post was modified 1 year ago by Mr_Woogers

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2

Share: