Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

ReplyQuote
OBD
 OBD
(@obd)
McAndrew Stadium Poster Admin

It's funny. The politicians have talked about building this "Southern Illinois to St. Louis" highway since I was a kid. In the 1960's. Of course, they can never find the money to do it.

ReplyQuote
TJ McFlys
(@tj-mcflys)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

This highway would indeed be a much needed economic boost to the southern Illinois region. With the gas tax, and new marijuana dispensaries around the state, the money needed should be there. However, we all know how that $$$ can simply disappear.

As far as Cdale news, they will break ground (finally) on the new Multimodal transportation center in June. This will be the most updated structure, and a welcome site to the downtown area. 

1DAWG reacted
ReplyQuote
(@invisiblesaluki)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

How long have they been talking about building the multimodal transportation center, it has to at least be approaching 20 years.

It's like they've been talking about building a bridge over the I&M Canal, Chicago Sanitary and Ship Canal, and Des Plaines River to connect Bruce Road in Lockport to Caton Farm Road in Crest Hill since long before I moved to Lockport in 2006, presumably since they shut down the Division St swing bridge after they built the bridge on 9th St.

ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member
Topic starter  

Posted by: @invisiblesaluki

How long have they been talking about building the multimodal transportation center, it has to at least be approaching 20 years.

It's like they've been talking about building a bridge over the I&M Canal, Chicago Sanitary and Ship Canal, and Des Plaines River to connect Bruce Road in Lockport to Caton Farm Road in Crest Hill since long before I moved to Lockport in 2006, presumably since they shut down the Division St swing bridge after they built the bridge on 9th St.

They have tried for years to get a federal grant to help finance the transportation center. I believe I read they finally got that multi-million dollar grant.

ReplyQuote
OBD
 OBD
(@obd)
McAndrew Stadium Poster Admin

The BEST thing about this new transportation center????

SOMEONE IS BRINGING BACK BOOBY'S!!!!

ReplyQuote
TJ McFlys
(@tj-mcflys)

Regarding the New transportation center. The city applied for the federal grant in 2015, and again in 2017 I believe, and were turned down. In 2019 they were finally awarded the grant and close to 14 million. The state, with the assistance from Senators Durbin and Duckworth granted another 14 million, with IDOT throwing in another $300,000. Discussion, planning, renderings, and public input have taken place. A construction company from nearby Murphysboro will be doing the work. I do believe it is the same company who built the student services building. Work to begin in June. Unfortunately work will still be in progress when the next eclipse occurs in April 24. Regardless, it will be a much welcome addition to the Strip. Yes, super elated too the Boobys will be reopening. Smart decision. A lot of hungry folks will be exiting the train, and can head directly across the street for a McBride and cold beverage! 🙂

Fraydog reacted
ReplyQuote
Quatros Saluki
(@quatroschallengesaluki)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

the last thing rte 3 through waterloo and columbia needs is more traffic. I don't disagree with the need for a connector, but that route is not ideal.

ReplyQuote
(@garywilsonfan)

I was at SIU from 77 to Dec. of 79 and lived there until May of 82.  There was talk even back then of making it 4 lane. 

ReplyQuote
(@dogdays)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

127 From Murphy to Nashville, though not as direct makes more sense.

ReplyQuote

Share: