Clear all

2023-24 Schedule

160 Posts
34 Users
128 Reactions
12.2 K Views
(@rafflaw)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

Great non-conference schedule.  Now to win the bulk of them.  

ReplyQuote
SIU_2011
(@siu_2011)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

That three game stretch with Oklahoma State, SLU, and Wichita is going to tell you a lot about this team. Really tough games and I think they get two Valley game sandwiched in there too (hopefully not Drake/UNI/Bradley).

ReplyQuote
AnnaBob
(@annabob)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

I am very excited about our non-con schedule.  Now i am hopeful we are up to the challenge.  Only one away game and its at one of our oldest rivals.  We have won at Wichita before.  Can't wait for season to begin

ReplyQuote
Spike
(@spike)

I am assuming the Kentucky State game is an exhibition and won't count towards the W/L?

ReplyQuote
OBD
 OBD
(@obd)
McAndrew Stadium Poster Admin
Topic starter  

Posted by: @spike

I am assuming the Kentucky State game is an exhibition and won't count towards the W/L?

Yes, Kentucky State is a lower division school but played exhibitions vs. UK and Western Kentucky last year. I think Southern has played them in the past.

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

Kentucky State is the opener, it will count towards the record

ReplyQuote
ReSaluki 88
(@resaluki-88)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @spike

They are D2. This is probably a regular season game for us and an exhibition for them. When D1 plays D2 in a regular season game it counts toward the D1 teams record, but not the D2 teams record. Still it won't affect our NET score. The schedule would probably have noted if it were to be an exhibition.

ReplyQuote
Spike
(@spike)

I know how it works.

And it is a better schedule. 

But it is embarrassing that there is still a regular season game against a non-D1 opponent.

There are almost 400 D1 schools. The second the Valley went to a 20 game schedule, there should have never again been a non D1 team on the schedule unless they are playing Chaminade.

It is inexcusable and embarrassing for the conference. 

ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

BM probably wants a real game to try out various combos. Hopefully a lot of guys get to play.

They were bad last year and were blown out by UK, WKU, and Morehead. If it's close, that's a bad sign.

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

If we’re going to play a D2 team, I’d rather have it be the first game as opposed to having it in the middle of non-con.  I think it’ll be beneficial to the players and coaches especially with the amount of turnover SIU had this offseason.  This schedule is easily the best in the Mullins era so far so I’m not gonna complain about a non-D1 opener.

ReSaluki 88, rafflaw, Kyle_Saluki_17 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Spike
(@spike)

If a D1 team plays a non D1 they should be banned from postseason and also not get their share of NCAA tournament revenue. 

There are almost 400 D1 institutions. Playing a non D1 is embarrassing and inexcusable. Especially with two fewer conference games to schedule which was always the conferences excuse.

ReplyQuote
Jabman62
(@jabman62)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

@spike everyone does it

ReplyQuote
Spike
(@spike)

Posted by: @jabman62

@spike everyone does it

They literally don't.

For example last season the A10, collectively, played two games against non-D1 schools.

It needs to stop.

ReplyQuote
Jabman62
(@jabman62)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

@spike scheduling will only get tougher with all of the conference realignment and sometimes you have to play who can and is playing a D2 school worse than playing a team in the bottom of the net rankings that causes your net ranking to tank unfortunately as much as I agree with you you have to play the situation as it is

ReplyQuote
Kyle_Saluki_17
(@kyle_saluki_17)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

This horse has been dead for years but Spike is obsessed with beating it. 

Jabman62 reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 8 / 11

Share: