33.9 K Views
DirtyDale
(@dirtydale)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Posted by: @salukiworld

Posted by: @insaluki

Big name 

https://twitter.com/jamieshaw5/status/1780330346241728917?s=46&t=7s0hTttieSER8wqRSA0LoA

When you consider preseason expectations, this kid could arguably be the number one reason for Northern Iowa's really poor season.  He really struggled at times, even outside of the injury.  As a result, I don't see him going to a P5 school.  It's likely impossible, but I sure would like to see him come here.  His ceiling is quite high.  

He's likely going high major.  I'd guess Iowa but maybe DePaul with the MVC All Star team

The MVC All-Star team consisting of a bunch of MVC players who didn’t get a single individual award this year in the conference. 

INSaluki reacted
ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

Posted by: @dirtydale

Big name 

https://twitter.com/jamieshaw5/status/1780330346241728917?s=46&t=7s0hTttieSER8wqRSA0LoA

When you consider preseason expectations, this kid could arguably be the number one reason for Northern Iowa's really poor season.  He really struggled at times, even outside of the injury.  As a result, I don't see him going to a P5 school.  It's likely impossible, but I sure would like to see him come here.  His ceiling is quite high.  

1. Bowen Born is going to have plenty of P5 schools interested in his skill set

2. There’s a better chance that the ghost of Rich Herrin is our next associate head coach than this Iowa born-and-raised kid stepping down to our program from UNI. 

When not injured, he's one of the best guards in the MVC. He'll get snapped up by some Big 10 team and be well paid. UNI was a game we attended in person. UNI, who was disappointing this year, was miles ahead of us. Born led them with 19 pts. 

ReplyQuote
(@foxman24)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Be well-paid and average 5 pts / game. It's such a weird dynamic now lol

ReplyQuote
Dawg
 Dawg
(@dawg)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

@salukiworld Suns up, Guns up!

I paid for two TTU degrees, so I am also a Red Raider fan.

Foxman24 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@siucubfan8)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster Admin

Jaheem Webber to SIU.

Rockin' Dawg reacted
ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

Posted by: @foxman24

Be well-paid and average 5 pts / game. It's such a weird dynamic now lol

In a year where he was injured a lot, Born still averaged 13+ and was an 88% FT shooter. Year before he averaged 18 and was 1st team All-Conference. He'll do great in any league.

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

I question if Born can hang in the Big Ten or Big East but I don’t think he’s leaving UNI to join a lateral or lower school.  I think someone like Iowa threw a bag at him he couldn’t turn down. 

1DAWG and rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

I question if Born can hang in the Big Ten or Big East but I don’t think he’s leaving UNI to join a lateral or lower school.  I think someone like Iowa threw a bag at him he couldn’t turn down. 

Why would you question that? Could Lance hang? Could Marcus hang? Born is a ALL-Con MVC player, freshman of the year, etc. who was Mr. Basketball in Iowa. He's not big (but neither is Lance) but a really talented kid who will do fine if he stays healthy.

I checked the UNI website. Funny that their ad for season tics next year features a pic of Born - embarrassing!

I have no doubt it's the NIL money that's sucking these good players out of the mid-majors. (Malik Dia of Belmont - talented big guy - just signed with Ole Miss)

NIL is ruining college ball IMO, turning the mids into farm clubs for the big, wealthy schools financed by ESPN and the NCAA.

ReplyQuote
OBD
 OBD
(@obd)
McAndrew Stadium Poster Admin
Topic starter  

https://twitter.com/hoops_mvc/status/1780395614724821310

ReplyQuote
(@dunkledog)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

Posted by: @siucubfan8

Jaheem Webber to SIU.

siu got an athletic dude? When’s the last time that happened 

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
siudawgs
(@siudawgs)
SIU Arena Poster

Posted by: @dunkledog

Jaheem Webber to SIU.

Kennard Davis, AJ Ferguson, Scottie Ebube, Xavier Johnson. STFU already ...

Sandman95, sportsfreak75, rafflaw and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dunkledog)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

Posted by: @siudawgs

Jaheem Webber to SIU.

You can get upset all you want the level of athleticism between what we recruited and what the good schools recruited is night and day. Can’t get upset when people are excited about that changing. While I love those guys Johnson is the only starter on any of the top 3 teams. We have a right to be excited so why don’t you stfu

This post was modified 2 weeks ago 2 times by Dunkledog

ReplyQuote
(@johnny-utah)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Posted by: @siudawgs

Jaheem Webber to SIU.

You can get upset all you want the level of athleticism between what we recruited and what the good schools recruited is night and day. Can’t get upset when people are excited about that changing. While I love those guys Johnson is the only starter on any of the top 3 teams. We have a right to be excited so why don’t you stfu

Saluki 4 Life…..did you have a melt down and turn into Dunkledog? It’s like polar opposites here.  Almost every positive you say about the program has to include a negative thought on the last regime.

Salukifan32, PackerDawg, Sandman95 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
INSaluki
(@insaluki)
SIU Arena Poster

We just had a player commit and we're not talking more about it?  I have no idea if this kid is going to turn out, but the fact that he followed his Coach to SIU increases my confidence in Nagy.  

Jaheem Webber - The Most Dominant Big in Illinois!?!? (Official Senior Year Mixtape) (youtube.com)

This post was modified 2 weeks ago by INSaluki

rafflaw, Rockin' Dawg, PackerDawg and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

We just had a player commit and we're not talking more about it?  I have no idea if this kid is going to turn out, but the fact that he followed his Coach to SIU increases my confidence in Nagy.  

Jaheem Webber - The Most Dominant Big in Illinois!?!? (Official Senior Year Mixtape) (youtube.com)

People were talking about it in the recruiting board 

rafflaw and siudawgs reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 45 / 70

Share: