2024 Transfer Portal

1,460 Posts
90 Users
1629 Reactions
53.4 K Views
ReSaluki 88
(@resaluki-88)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Well, I guess Hensley to Murray was wrong, thank goodness. Hensley is very athletic and that has been something SIU has been typically short on. I'd like to see us add an experienced center and PG, along with some longer, athletic wings that can also shoot. I know, a lot to ask, but one can always hope!

SlyDawg and SIU Alum 05 reacted
ReplyQuote
DirtyDale
(@dirtydale)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

like others have said, I think Hensley will do well in Nagy’s system. 

let’s get Kennard back now. You would see a lot of very happy Saluki fans. 

Rockin' Dawg, Salukifan32, SlyDawg and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
siudawgs
(@siudawgs)
SIU Arena Poster

Hensley was up and down and, as mentioned, missed more than his share of chippies, but there’s no doubt his experience, length and athleticism returning is a positive with the state of this roster. Hensley also has the quickness to fit an uptempo style, so maybe he’ll take a step forward.

Kennard, what say you?

SlyDawg and INSaluki reacted
ReplyQuote
INSaluki
(@insaluki)
SIU Arena Poster

Posted by: @obd

https://twitter.com/TVBOren/status/1784608443002769491

I would like to get this kid.  Good length at 6'5" and improved significantly over his freshmen year (at Murr St).  Played very well against Illinois last year and is athletic.  

ReplyQuote
ReSaluki 88
(@resaluki-88)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @insaluki

I would like to get this kid.  Good length at 6'5" and improved significantly over his freshmen year (at Murr St).  Played very well against Illinois last year and is athletic.  

I think his game is similar to Ferguson, although I think a healthy Ferguson is better. However, we'd have him for 2 years. I too like his athleticism and rebounding. If he could improve his outside shooting he could be pretty good.

ReplyQuote
(@foxman24)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

I also believe Stulic will be back

ReplyQuote
INSaluki
(@insaluki)
SIU Arena Poster

@resaluki-88 That is a VERY good comparison IMO.  Beleive it or not, I think Jaxon may be slightly even more athletic.  If he was able to improve his outside shot, as you mentioned, I think he could be an absolute steal.  A guard with his size, rebounding, etc would have, ironically, been a great fit for previous SIU teams, but also would play well in Nagy's system.  I would be very happy if he chose SIU.

ReSaluki 88 reacted
ReplyQuote
SIU Alum 05
(@siu-alum-05)
Saluki Stadium Poster

@foxman24  Didn't he tweet that after meeting with Coach Nagy  that's when he made the decision to enter the portal though?

ReplyQuote
Jabman62
(@jabman62)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @siu-alum-05

@foxman24  Didn't he tweet that after meeting with Coach Nagy  that's when he made the decision to enter the portal though?

yes

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

I think Stulic is going overseas.  He wants NIL $$$ that no school is going to give him.  

Foxman24 reacted
ReplyQuote
ReSaluki 88
(@resaluki-88)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @salukiworld

I think Stulic is going overseas.  He wants NIL $$$ that no school is going to give him.  

His twitter page identifies him as a professional basketball player. Yours is a good take.

ReplyQuote
Quatros Saluki
(@quatroschallengesaluki)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Posted by: @resaluki-88

I think his game is similar to Ferguson, although I think a healthy Ferguson is better. However, we'd have him for 2 years. I too like his athleticism and rebounding. If he could improve his outside shooting he could be pretty good.

with the portal, you always only have anyone for one year.

ReplyQuote
ReSaluki 88
(@resaluki-88)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @quatroschallengesaluki

with the portal, you always only have anyone for one year.

I would say you can't count on having anyone for more than 1 year. You certainly can keep players for more than 1 year as evidenced by Hensley re-committing.

ReplyQuote
Spike
(@spike)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

Posted by: @salukiworld

His twitter page identifies him as a professional basketball player. Yours is a good take.

Not sure who has gotten in his ear because he wasn't even a good college player.

ReplyQuote
TJ McFlys
(@tj-mcflys)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

@resaluki-88 

Elated to have Mr. Hensley back in the fold. An athletic big who is also lefthanded is to his advantage. Hit some big threes last season, and also came up with some rather large blocks in close games. Would love to see him on the ball in a full court press, or even halfcourt pressure situation. 

We currently have 6 players. 

More portal transfers visiting this week. Finding the right fit, and patience will indeed pay off.

GO DAWGS!!! 

Rockin' Dawg, Salukifan32, rafflaw and 4 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 66 / 98

Share: