1,460 Posts
90 Users
1629 Reactions
53.6 K Views
Salukifan32
(@salukifan32)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Posted by: @siudawgs

Mayo can defend, will get you a loose ball and is physically rugged. I think he’s a winning player as long as he isn’t asked to do too much from a scoring standpoint.

Yes but his shooting percentages went up significantly this year compared to his freshman year. So it's a good sign that he's developing on the offensive end too

INSaluki reacted
ReplyQuote
salukis60
(@salukis60)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

The women's team just signed a guard from Sweden. We need one on the men's team, Ali Dibba who just visited. 😀 

rafflaw and Salukifan32 reacted
ReplyQuote
ReSaluki 88
(@resaluki-88)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @salukifan32

Mayo can defend, will get you a loose ball and is physically rugged. I think he’s a winning player as long as he isn’t asked to do too much from a scoring standpoint.

Yes but his shooting percentages went up significantly this year compared to his freshman year. So it's a good sign that he's developing on the offensive end too

A lot of his scoring comes from inside the lane. He is what many folks would call a junk yard dawg. He's a very tough slasher that can finish with either hand and finish after contact. At 6'3" he takes on the trees inside. He'll never be a big scorer but does a lot of little things and has a high basketball IQ. I think he can be a 7 or 8 ppg guy who gets steals, rebounds, plays good defense and is small, yet athletic. I would be happy to hear he and Davis will be Salukis next year!

This post was modified 2 weeks ago by ReSaluki 88

rafflaw, INSaluki, Freedawg and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Salukifan32
(@salukifan32)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Posted by: @resaluki-88

A lot of his scoring comes from inside the lane. He is what many folks would call a junk yard dawg. He's a very tough slasher that can finish with either hand and finish after contact. At 6'3" he takes on the trees inside. He'll never be a big scorer but does a lot of little things and has a high basketball IQ. I think he can be a 7 or 8 ppg guy who gets steals, rebounds, plays good defense and is small, yet athletic. I would be happy to hear he and Davis will be Salukis next year!

We had a lot of those type of players in the 2000s that were the unsung heroes of those teams! Can't wait for us to get back to that level 

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

Mayo would be a good addition.  He’s probably the best player we’re after even if the stats don’t look that way.  Very good defender and underrated offense.  Him and Kennard would be a fun duo of Davis stays.

This post was modified 2 weeks ago by SalukiWorld

ReplyQuote
(@foxman24)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

@salukifan32 Lamar Owen anyone!? Haha

ReplyQuote
ReSaluki 88
(@resaluki-88)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @foxman24

I would say Mayo is much more like Tyrone Green than Lamar Owen. He reminds me a lot of Green, except he's right handed. However, I think his upside is better than Tyrone's was.

siudawgs reacted
ReplyQuote
SIU Alum 05
(@siu-alum-05)
Saluki Stadium Poster

@foxman24 

I loved that dude! He was a soccer player turned bball player if I remember correctly. He had the craziest looking shot! We used to hang out wiith him at PPP. He was was really cool. 

INSaluki reacted
ReplyQuote
siudawgs
(@siudawgs)
SIU Arena Poster

Posted by: @foxman24

I would say Mayo is much more like Tyrone Green than Lamar Owen. He reminds me a lot of Green, except he's right handed. However, I think his upside is better than Tyrone's was.

With a dash of Wesley Clemmons 

ReSaluki 88 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@foxman24)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

I will never forget that put back dunk Owen had against Hawaii. What a fun night that was

sportsfreak75, Sandman95, SIU Alum 05 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
DR222
(@dr222)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

Sounds a lot like a former Butler player I remember watching a few years ago!!  Come to think of it, I am pretty sure Will Veasley is a Saluki Assistant now!!  Ha!

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/stats/_/id/32521/willie-veasley

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/stats/_/id/5107899/damien-mayo-jr

Salukifan32 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@sandman95)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

@foxman24 I have a memory of Owen’s wearing his socks all the way up.

SIU Alum 05 reacted
ReplyQuote
OBD
 OBD
(@obd)
McAndrew Stadium Poster Admin

ReplyQuote
(@guppy)
Charlotte West Stadium Poster

Seems a little jaded to me.

https://twitter.com/JovanStulic/status/1786435534119752036

ReplyQuote
INSaluki
(@insaluki)
SIU Arena Poster

Posted by: @obd

https://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/story/sports/college/uwgb/2024/05/03/uwgb-men-land-center-scottie-ebube-a-transfer-from-southern-illinois/73546500007/?utm_campaign=snd-autopilot

"when you are playing the limited minutes he was playing and the production he had and his efficiencies, it’s pretty insane.”  - At least we weren't the only ones to see it.  It's a real shame the previous staff didn't.  I think he is, and UWGB are, going to be breakouts this year.  

ReplyQuote
Page 71 / 98

Share: