(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member
Topic starter  

ReplyQuote
Dawgbytes
(@dawgbytes)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Go Dawgs and FNIL. 

The advancement and diffusion of knowledge is the only guardian of true liberty.
James Madison

ReplyQuote
goroshnik
(@goroshnik)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

Dawgs handled them late to win by 12 at home, and then survived to beat them at UIC by three.  We should win this one, but Mullins will probably play X all 40 minutes - again - which will have him pretty much gassed against Bradley on Friday.  Unless Mullins utilizes the bench(!) Thursday, it'll be a Friday exit, as I predicted two months ago.

This post was modified 3 months ago by goroshnik

Salukifan32 reacted
ReplyQuote
siudawgs
(@siudawgs)
SIU Arena Poster

Since today is a bad day, I’ll add in that Southern has won several tight games against UIC the past couple years and the Flames might be due in this series. 

Hopefully it’s just the falling-to-Thursday disappointment talking, but I don’t love the matchup, and the prospect of losing on Thursday is a dreary one. At a minimum they’re good enough to make it scary and force heavy minutes from the usual suspects.

Conversely, a late-night tussle with Bradley on Friday could be interesting, at least atmosphere-wise.

This post was modified 3 months ago by siudawgs

ReplyQuote
ReSaluki 88
(@resaluki-88)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

It'll be:

9. MSU v 8. Murray at noon winner plays 1.Indy St. at noon Friday

12. Valpo v 5. Belmont at 2:30pm winner plays 4.UNI 2:30pm Friday

10. Evansville v 7. Ill. St. 6:30pm winner plays 2. Drake at 630pm Friday

11. UIC v 6. SIU 8:30pm winner plays 3. Bradley at 8:30pm Friday

ReplyQuote
(@fraydog)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

I may not have said much about NIL on here but everyone in the Valley is in the same boat regarding NIL. Before NIL we had grad students making much more than student-athletes on campus. If you’re OK with that, fine, but you can’t tell me student-athletes on the SIU campus don’t carry at least a similar if not greater load than graduate students on assistantships. A school with less money than SIU in every way in Indiana State is the regular season champion so I don’t know if money is much of an excuse here. 

Salukifan32 and INSaluki reacted
ReplyQuote
INSaluki
(@insaluki)
SIU Arena Poster

If this team beats UIC, which it can, it will lose to Bradley whether or not XJ plays 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35 or 40+ minutes on Thursday.  We will lose because we are not as good as these other teams, it's truly that simple.  Had we won today and had the 4th seed, we likely would have lost on Friday or at best would have lost to Ind St.  At least now, this team has a chance to win a game in St Louis.  We never had a chance to win the conference tournament, regardless of seeding (just like the last 4 years).  Our future is desperately/concerningly riding on this off season recruiting.  

Rockin' Dawg reacted
ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member
Topic starter  

SIU is favored by 5

ReplyQuote
oberkfell
(@oberkfell)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Big decision tomorrow. 

1. Watch that clown speak to the nation. 
2. Watch the premier consolation game at 830. 
3. Go to the KC Hall for wing night and enter the 100k Queen of Hearts drawing. 

Well that’s simple - option 3. 

Cowboydawg reacted
ReplyQuote
SlyDawg
(@slydawg)
Saluki Stadium Poster

@oberkfell I wish you would get booted for bringing up politics. Go whine and cry somewhere else you big ass baby.

ReSaluki 88 reacted
ReplyQuote
DirtyDale
(@dirtydale)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Posted by: @insaluki

If this team beats UIC, which it can, it will lose to Bradley whether or not XJ plays 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35 or 40+ minutes on Thursday.  We will lose because we are not as good as these other teams, it's truly that simple.  Had we won today and had the 4th seed, we likely would have lost on Friday or at best would have lost to Ind St.  At least now, this team has a chance to win a game in St Louis.  We never had a chance to win the conference tournament, regardless of seeding (just like the last 4 years).  Our future is desperately/concerningly riding on this off season recruiting.  

god, you’re a wet blanket. Go log off and enjoy the outside air or something. 

Jabman62 and SlyDawg reacted
ReplyQuote
oberkfell
(@oberkfell)

Posted by: @slydawg

@oberkfell I wish you would get booted for bringing up politics. Go whine and cry somewhere else you big ass baby.

haha.  You have some issues. Chill the F out. 

INSaluki reacted
ReplyQuote
Kyle_Saluki_17
(@kyle_saluki_17)

I have 2 seats available in SIU’s fan section tonight I’ll sell for $30 each if anyone is interested. 

ReplyQuote
siudawgs
(@siudawgs)
SIU Arena Poster

Curious to see if the guys who have been struggling, namely Clarence and Trent, can get back on track. Probably essential to advance.

Worried about Jones for UIC and have a weird feeling Kennedy could hurt Southern tonight. Hopefully not!

Survive and advance …

Freedawg reacted
ReplyQuote
INSaluki
(@insaluki)
SIU Arena Poster

Posted by: @dirtydale

Posted by: @insaluki

god, you’re a wet blanket. Go log off and enjoy the outside air or something. 

Always love you keyboard tough guys.   LOL

This post was modified 2 months ago by INSaluki

Salukifan32 reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 18

Share: