Around the Valley 2023-24

727 Posts
66 Users
413 Reactions
30.1 K Views
Jabman62
(@jabman62)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Haven't watched all of MSU ISU but Avila looks a little over matched with the athletic bigs of MSU

Austinsaluki reacted
ReplyQuote
Austinsaluki
(@austinsaluki)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Game was closer than the final score indicates. InSU is definitely for real.

(Inflammatory political snark)

ReplyQuote
SIU_2011
(@siu_2011)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @jabman62

Haven't watched all of MSU ISU but Avila looks a little over matched with the athletic bigs of MSU

He definitely struggled. I don’t think he was physically overmatched…had some stupid fouls that got him in foul trouble so he didn’t play much. Got switched off on some quick guards who he couldn’t stay with (most guards can’t stay with them to be fair). His offense certainly wasn’t there though. He missed a bunch of wide open 3’s.

ReplyQuote
ReSaluki 88
(@resaluki-88)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

SIU up to #85 in the NET. MVC has 5 teams in top 100 and 9 teams in top 150. Murray and Valpo dragging down the conference overall. However, going into conference play MVC is faired fairly well overall:

Indy State 31

Drake 74

SIU 85

Evansville 97

Mo St. 98

UNI 119

Bradley 128

UIC 132

Belmont 150

Illinois St 204

Murray 258

Valpo 310

Rockin' Dawg and rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
(@usmcsaluki)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Two interesting Valley games tomorrow (Wednesday): can Valpo knock off Bradley to keep Bradley winless?  UNI might be 0-3 as well since they have to go to Missouri State.

ReplyQuote
Saluki44
(@saluki44)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Being reporting that the Indiana State AD, Sherard Clinkscales, has stepped down.

Interesting, considering he seemed to have a good thing going there, at least between baseball and basketball.

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

ReplyQuote
(@85dawg)
Charlotte West Stadium Poster

This is Greg Lansing’s sister I believe.

ReplyQuote
(@salukimodemrowe)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Somehow Evansville hanging in there against Indiana State.  Pretty fun game to watch for now, hopefully it sustains.  Not going to lie, I am halfway watching to see if Petty calls a technical to keep his streak going.

This post was modified 5 months ago by salukimodemrowe

ReplyQuote
INSaluki
(@insaluki)
SIU Arena Poster

Watching Bradley at Valpo.  They are not nearly as good as last year, especially as long as Hickman is playing less than 100% The one thing I like about SIU this year is that they can play both small or big.  I see  Hensley, Rupert and Ebube all playing big roles in those games. 

ReplyQuote
(@salukimodemrowe)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Posted by: @insaluki

Watching Bradley at Valpo.  They are not nearly as good as last year, especially as long as Hickman is playing less than 100% The one thing I like about SIU this year is that they can play both small or big.  I see  Hensley, Rupert and Ebube all playing big roles in those games. 

And then Hickman went off, you jinxed him, dude is 5-5 from 3 now and not even halftime yet.  Well not jinx, but something like that.  Summoned him perhaps.

This post was modified 5 months ago 2 times by salukimodemrowe

ReplyQuote
(@salukimodemrowe)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

And on that note, I am done watching the Bradley and Valpo game.  It could be entertaining but it is yet another abysmal valley crew officiating that makes it impossible to even feel like I am watching a game.  Whistle at every turn and go figure Bonner is one of the crew.  The other game actually had a flow.

ReplyQuote
INSaluki
(@insaluki)
SIU Arena Poster

Of course after I type the above, Hickman comes in and hits 4 straight 3pt shots and now Bradley is up 15pts just before half.  He is the difference maker for that team.  

ReplyQuote
(@garywilsonfan)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

@85dawg 

I'm  sure it's his ex-wife.  Her brother was Mike Menser who was a really good b'ball player for ISU.

This post was modified 5 months ago by GARYWILSONFAN

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member
Topic starter  

Posted by: @salukimodemrowe

Somehow Evansville hanging in there against Indiana State.  Pretty fun game to watch for now, hopefully it sustains.  Not going to lie, I am halfway watching to see if Petty calls a technical to keep his streak going.

Evansville has Ben Humrichous out with an injury again, really poor timing for them

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 18 / 49

Share: