Around the Valley 2023-24

727 Posts
66 Users
413 Reactions
30.1 K Views
siudawgs
(@siudawgs)
SIU Arena Poster

We’ve talked a lot about how many minutes X and Brown have played. Indiana State has not used its bench much and their main guys have logged heavy minutes all season. Wonder if that’s starting to show up.

Still, just a wild result in Terre Haute with big consequences.

ReplyQuote
(@salukimodemrowe)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Evansville gave Drake a run for their money. Siu deserved the win at Drake. Whoah what just happened

ReplyQuote
(@salukimodemrowe)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Drake rides the stripes another night. 

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member
Topic starter  

https://twitter.com/ryanhammer09/status/1757602106662355450

SlyDawg reacted
ReplyQuote
SIU_2011
(@siu_2011)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

So noticed something a bit odd with ISU Red…they are having their Senior day today with two home games still left on the schedule. Seems a bit odd…I guess it is their last weekend home game so maybe that’s why…trying to maximize attendance.

ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

After beating the SYcs, I think the team should have received a great confidence boost. I feel much better about our chances of winning most of these remaining games than I did a couple of days ago.

ReplyQuote
OBD
 OBD
(@obd)
McAndrew Stadium Poster Admin

Purple Kitties off to a good start, up 19-11 over Bradley, 8 minutes in.

ReplyQuote
Saluki 4 Life
(@saluki-4-life)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Posted by: @obd

Purple Kitties off to a good start, up 19-11 over Bradley, 8 minutes in.

bad for SIU

ReplyQuote
Dawgbytes
(@dawgbytes)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Drake eviscerating Racer Scum. 

The advancement and diffusion of knowledge is the only guardian of true liberty.
James Madison

ReplyQuote
SIU_2011
(@siu_2011)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Bradley laid a big egg today. Depending on how things go at Mo St. 3rd place could very well be up for grabs. They still hav ISU red and SIU at home, but finish at Drake.

Edit: It’s a good thing we beat the trees…

ReplyQuote
ReSaluki 88
(@resaluki-88)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

I think it's down to Bradley, SIU, UNI and Belmont for 3rd-6th. Bradley has a tough schedule. I think Belmont may have the easiest schedule. UNI's schedule is not that tough either, although they end the year in Carbondale. SIU needs to hold serve at home against Murray State and UNI and beat either Evansville or Bradley on the road. Evansville has been very good at home and are back to being healthy, I believe.

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member
Topic starter  

Think it's gonna come down to the last day in Carbondale against UNI

ReplyQuote
(@usmcsaluki)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Wednesday is huge.  An SIU win coupled with a Missouri State win against Bradley moves us into third, and it would be extra nice, and within reason, to see Illinois State and Drake win to provide some cushion for fourth.

ReplyQuote
(@freedawg)
Abe Martin Field Poster

Agree completely with how big Wednesday’s game is. There is no room for a letdown. We need to come out an assert ourselves from the beginning. It would really be nice to run the table to close the season. You can always hope. 

Austinsaluki reacted
ReplyQuote
Saluki44
(@saluki44)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Good article from Wyatt Wheeler on Missouri State’s attendance struggles and how Southern (and Mizzou) has been able to retain high interest in the basketball program. 

I will say that the SIU administration does a really good job publicizing the games and getting people out to them. Kudos to everyone involved. 

https://www.news-leader.com/story/sports/college/msu/2024/02/19/what-missouri-state-could-learn-basketball-attendance-rivals-mizzou-southern-illinois/72523581007/

ReplyQuote
Page 28 / 49

Share: