Clear all

Bryan Mullins let go

304 Posts
66 Users
439 Reactions
(@14_alumdawg)
Abe Martin Field Poster

Posted by: @dawgbytes

Lane is a snake in the grass. I’m not the biggest donor in the world, but I don’t mind disclosing big enough to have a plaque in Banterra lobby for helping fund Saluki Way. Screw them. BTW I was informed that Lane’s wife hasn’t even moved to Cdale. F him. 

Oh yeah his family stayed there. He went back and forth to Texas allll the time. 

ReplyQuote
Salukis2112
(@salukis2112)
Abe Martin Field Poster

Shocked Amazed GIF - Shocked Amazed Surprised GIFs

Love Bryan and always will, but I'm glad the university is not settling for mediocrity.

Without XJ we're looking at a very ugly season next year. It's the perfect time to go in a new direction. 

Saluki Insider? I barely know her!

oberkfell, Rockin' Dawg, AirDawg86 and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
siufan6
(@siufan6)
Abe Martin Field Poster

After reading comments on social media this does not look good.  They better have a plan here, because I could see some donors walking away. 

As I've said before, I don't have a lot of hope in SIU admin to do the right thing, but I'm hoping they don't butcher this. 

ReplyQuote
(@freedawg)
Abe Martin Field Poster

I am sad to see this because I think he is a class act who cares greatly for the university and his players. I do think he has improved as a coach this year, but there were some areas that probably could have been better. I was disappointed in how he handled senior night by not getting the seniors in at the end of the game.

I hope we do due diligence in our search. Whoever comes in I hope they can keep some of the players we have, although I am not sure how well that will work. I think the portal will be key in this. 

My last comments are tied to some previous comments about a prospective coach with local ties. I have seen him coach and I think he is a good coach. There are some concerns that are similar to Mullins: age and experience, no head coaching experience at a 4-year school be it D1 or D2; having a brother as a possible assistant. The last of these to me is a major concern. I am not sure having a brother as your assistant works well on many different levels. I definitely think it was a problem with Mullins. 

ReplyQuote
AirDawg86
(@airdawg86)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster Admin

Posted by: @14_alumdawg

Lane is a snake in the grass. I’m not the biggest donor in the world, but I don’t mind disclosing big enough to have a plaque in Banterra lobby for helping fund Saluki Way. Screw them. BTW I was informed that Lane’s wife hasn’t even moved to Cdale. F him. 

Oh yeah his family stayed there. He went back and forth to Texas allll the time. 

I had always heard that but kind of ignored as just rumors.  If true not a good sign and likely first opportunity he's gone, though I've had that thought since the day he was hired.  He would use SIU to polish-up his resume and reputation from the issues at his previous school job.

But Lane has done a great job in the short time he has been Chancellor as SIU is improving in many areas.  It is finally nice to see enrollment going in the right direction for a change.  It would be good for the university if he would stay for at least a few more years (2 or 3?) and continue to drive positive change.  Leaving this soon would likely be another hard reset for the admin & school.  I still have less than limited faith in the SIU System BOD to make the right hire for SIU.

Go Dawgs!

Fraydog reacted
ReplyQuote
Dawgbytes
(@dawgbytes)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @siufan6

After reading comments on social media this does not look good.  They better have a plan here, because I could see some donors walking away. 

As I've said before, I don't have a lot of hope in SIU admin to do the right thing, but I'm hoping they don't butcher this. 

Trust me, I’ll shopping for new walking shoes right now. Lane will be gone at the drop of a hat, he will bear none of the consequences of helping a friend out. 

The advancement and diffusion of knowledge is the only guardian of true liberty.
James Madison

siufan6 reacted
ReplyQuote
Dawgbytes
(@dawgbytes)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @siufan6

Trust me, I’ll shopping for new walking shoes right now. Lane will be gone at the drop of a hat, he will bear none of the consequences of helping a friend out. F him, there is a right way and a wrong way to do things, Bryan Mullins is a shining example of that  

The advancement and diffusion of knowledge is the only guardian of true liberty.
James Madison

siufan6 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@fraydog)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

So when the chancellor become the AD? I hear Lane’s wife has never moved to Cdale and he is hiring and firing coaches?

Lane himself did move here. Where’s the same energy for Lane’s boss who decided to live in Springfield? Shouldn’t the head of the SIU System live in Carbondale? That’s the most powerful position here. Chancellor is second in command. 

ReplyQuote
(@usmcsaluki)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Posted by: @salukiworld

https://twitter.com/GottliebShow/status/1766180122934354280

Wow, this is crazy.  Even after the awful end to this season I still thought Mullins would be here next season.

Hard to take in.  Wish Coach Mullins the best, will forever be a huge fan of what he did for SIU as a player and coach.

Salukifan32, AirDawg86, DirtyDale and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
AirDawg86
(@airdawg86)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster Admin

Posted by: @fraydog

So when the chancellor become the AD? I hear Lane’s wife has never moved to Cdale and he is hiring and firing coaches?

Lane himself did move here. Where’s the same energy for Lane’s boss who decided to live in Springfield? Shouldn’t the head of the SIU System live in Carbondale? That’s the most powerful position here. Chancellor is second in command. 

Isn't the SIU System HQ supposed to be in Springfield?  And one reason is to keep an appearance of no favoritism to either campus?  So, the SIU President living in Springfield makes sense.

Go Dawgs!

ReplyQuote
(@fraydog)

Considering we had massive instability in the Chancellor position before Lane, and either guys who sadly passed on like Sarvela and Montemagno, people completely out of touch with the culture like Wendler and Cheng, or complete duds like Colwell, Lane is(was?) statistically much better considering enrollment went up under Lane and down under all the other names I listed. 

If he’s leaving we will have to see what Mahony does. 

AirDawg86 reacted
ReplyQuote
OBD
 OBD
(@obd)
McAndrew Stadium Poster Admin
Topic starter  

Posted by: @airdawg86

Isn't the SIU System HQ supposed to be in Springfield?  And one reason is to keep an appearance of no favoritism to either campus?  So, the SIU President living in Springfield makes sense.

The medical school is in Springfield.

ReplyQuote
(@fraydog)

The main office listed on the SIU System website is Stone Center on the Carbondale campus. 

I like Mahony, I just would prefer the head of the SIU System to be in Carbondale. I guess I’m old fashioned like that, but the counter argument is that being in Springfield is better for lobbying. 

rafflaw and AirDawg86 reacted
ReplyQuote
SalukiTres
(@salukitres)
Charlotte West Stadium Poster

It makes total sense. He's a presence around Springfield and the capitol, which actually helps the system in the long run. 

I have no problem with it at all. 

AirDawg86 and Saluki44 reacted
ReplyQuote
oberkfell
(@oberkfell)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

I was one of the few who did not want to hire Mullins.  Nothing personal, but at the time he was probably the safest pick. He seems like a very professional and nice guy, ran a clean program, and supported the school.  I assume one of the reasons he was hired was to recruit players from the Wolves.  That never panned out. Anyway, I wish him well and I’m sure he will end up in a better place. The guy is super smart.  

ReplyQuote
Page 5 / 21

Share: