Notifications
Clear all

Bryan Mullins let go

304 Posts
66 Users
439 Reactions
(@fraydog)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

Someone had to raise the standards here eventually, I just wish it had happened to Huckleberry Finn quicker than what we're having to deal with now. 

siufan6, SlyDawg, Salukifan32 and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 Frog
(@frog)
Charlotte West Stadium Poster

I think we all feel terrible about Mullins, but please, please keep Austin Lane out of this. There's no reason whatsoever to bring him into it. Enrollment has gone up under his administration and he appears to be highly regarded. 

We really don't know if he was out looking for a new position or it they just found him and expressed interest.

ReplyQuote
Austinsaluki
(@austinsaluki)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

I just feel like throwing up. I hate this.

I wanted this to work. And i think we're going to be effed for the next few years. We couldn't have extended for two years? Probably, and that probably works have been better than blowing up the program today. Or . . . not? This whole thing just sucks, and I feel like throwing up. I get both sides.

But in the same way that people say "coach knows what he's doing," isn't it also true that "AD knows what he's doing"?  Are we any closer to an NCAA bid than we were under Hinson? No.

And i guess that's what matters, sadly. 

That debacle last night was just awful.

Fifty points in the paint.

Apparently all on Scottie Ebube. Or something. 

Idiocy.

(Inflammatory political snark)

AirDawg86 and siufan6 reacted
ReplyQuote
INSaluki
(@insaluki)
SIU Arena Poster

I find it incredibly difficult to believe that Mullins would have been let go if SIU had somehow/someway won the MVC tournament.  So, it leaves me wondering.................. did he have to win it all to keep his job?  What if he just made the finals??  

ReplyQuote
Rockin' Dawg
(@rockin-dawg)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @insaluki

I find it incredibly difficult to believe that Mullins would have been let go if SIU had somehow/someway won the MVC tournament.  So, it leaves me wondering.................. did he have to win it all to keep his job?  What if he just made the finals??  

I think it's more about him not sniffing the finals once in 5 years.  Last night was just the final nail in the coffin.  Yeah, I realize I didn't answer the question.  But it's a moot point now.

AirDawg86, Austinsaluki, Salukifan32 and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 Enuf
(@enuf)
Saluki Stadium Poster

Sad outcome. Im sure BM is more a Saluki than those firing him.

Probably means we lose to the portal.

ReplyQuote
(@ajcsaluki)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Posted by: @frog

I think we all feel terrible about Mullins, but please, please keep Austin Lane out of this. There's no reason whatsoever to bring him into it. Enrollment has gone up under his administration and he appears to be highly regarded. 

We really don't know if he was out looking for a new position or it they just found him and expressed interest.

Regardless of what Lane has or hasn't done in the coaching situation, and regardless of what happens with NMSU, there's no way I can disapprove of his overall performance. Wasn't too long ago there was chatter about the Carbondale campus shutting down and being merged with Edwardsville because of enrollment declines and financial distress, and I had to answer a lot of embarrassing questions from family and friends back in Illinois about those rumors. Happily, that nonsense has quieted since Lane took over.

Freedawg, Austinsaluki, Salukifan32 and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Jabman62
(@jabman62)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

If anyone read Mike Reis's statement on Facebook there seems to be some short  comings in the athletic department that are not being mentioned anywhere that might have a bearing on what kind of candidate you attract or can convince to take the job now with that being said I am kind of reading between the lines and that might be why Kyle is getting mentioned quite heavily as he is from the area this is home and might be willing to overlook certain problems to be the head coach and also if these obstacles held back Mullins will any coach be successful 

ReplyQuote
SlyDawg
(@slydawg)
Saluki Stadium Poster

Where can one find the AD speech?

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

Posted by: @slydawg

Where can one find the AD speech?

https://www.1035espn.com/episode/listen-tim-leonard-explains-why-siu-decided-to-part-ways-with-bryan-mullins-details-upcoming-coaching-search/

Interview with ESPN 103.5

SlyDawg reacted
ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

Channel 3 interviewed the AD. It was sort of ridiculous because Leonard had almost nothing but wonderful things to say about Bryan and what he's done for SIU. Then at the very end he said BM just didn't win enough at the top.

BM may end up as Moser's assistant at Okie, making more money than he does here. He'll do fine.

I sure hope they don't get cheap and go for a Barbecue clone. I can't believe they would hire Smithpeters  - that would seriously be insane IMO and I would blow a gasket.

Someone mentioned Tony Young. I would love to see him as an assistant here.

I find it hard to believe they can come up with enough money to hire the guy from A&M.

They probably have some people in mind.

ReplyQuote
terrier1
(@terrier1)

@salukitres exactly right!

ReplyQuote
terrier1
(@terrier1)

Posted by: @rockin-dawg

To you guys saying "I'm done with this program"....don't let the door hit you in the ass.

and I second that emotion

ReplyQuote
salukis60
(@salukis60)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

https://twitter.com/ThePortalReport/status/1766486141757243444

The first of many I'm afraid.

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
(@freedawg)
Abe Martin Field Poster

These kinds of action often cause divisiveness and it looks like this is true here. I hope when this is over and a new coach is hired, this will end. I was a supporter of Coach Mullins, but I know these things happen. I’m a Saluki supporter first and foremost. Hopefully when this is over, and a new coach and staff are in place, attention can turn to helping with the other things needed in the program.

ReplyQuote
Page 8 / 21

Share: