65 Users
508 Reactions
16.4 K Views
siufan6
(@siufan6)
Abe Martin Field Poster

Posted by: @the-bobber

Posted by: @barkeep-1967

I can no longer accurately say anything.

priceless.  🤣 🤣 🤣 

But can we be sure that is accurate?  🤣 😀 

BleedFknMaroon25
(@bleedfknmaroon25)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Interesting potential developments. I personally lean towards keeping Bryan and giving him a 2 year extension, but I certainly understand choosing to move on if that's indeed the direction things are leaning. Maybe that makes his performance in the MVCt this weekend vital to his survival at SIU?

I think one of the biggest mistakes made was with the staff assembled under him. For a young coach with zero experience you have to give it room to breathe and let him develop. This takes time. However, it should've been imperative to get as much experience on the bench with him as possible right from the beginning; the type of guys he would've felt compelled to lean into and learn from. That's not what happened.

Also, you just hired Howard one year ago. You need to give him time to cook before making a change like this, unless he's willing to stick around for the new guy. Maybe he's incentivized by a potential promotion to Associate head coach? 

Ether way, it definitely makes this weekend more compelling. I sure hope SIU knows what they're doing.

--Insert something witty here--

SlyDawg, sportsfreak75, Freedawg and 1 people reacted
(@ajcsaluki)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Posted by: @mr_woogers

Posted by: @resaluki-88

Posted by: @obd

the shot caller knows who he wants. 

But who calls the shots at SIU these days? The Chancellor, who almost has one foot out the door? The Athletic Director? The Board of Trustees?

SIU admin and the board are very happy with Lane to date. Enrollment has increased, giving has increased, very little drama, etc. The NMSU job which he was invited to apply for includes an over $100k pay increase. He has been committed to SIU while here. Lots of folks jumping to big conclusions with little info. 

I love the guy so far. First Chancellor in a while that has really worked hard at boosting SIU fund raising, enrollment, athletics, etc. Has really taken the bull by the horns! Sure hope he stays. Guess his son played for A&M and he came from Texas Southern so he probably knows A&M well.

The period for public comment on NMSU's finalists for president ended yesterday. According to the school's presidential search website, the choice will be announced Monday. So we won't know Lane's status until after Arch Madness plays out unless the school updates its timetable.

Add me to the list of those who believes Lane has been very good for SIU up to this point. He has reversed the enrollment declines, which so many others who preceded him failed to do, and he seems to have a coherent vision for the university instead of, "Let's throw things at the wall and see what sticks." We can only hope that if he stays, and is heavily involved in the basketball coaching decision, that he acts quickly and that whatever choice he makes proves to be the correct one.

This post was modified 2 months ago 2 times by AJCSaluki

Salukifan32, SalukiWorld, ReSaluki 88 and 1 people reacted
(@johnny-utah)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Mike Davis was fired today……Texas Southern connection……..Hopefully not sniffing this direction.

Freedawg reacted
Rockin' Dawg
(@rockin-dawg)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

So, the take-away from all this is after 31 pages of discussion, we don't know jack shit about what's going to happen?

Barkeep 1967
(@barkeep-1967)
SIU Arena Poster Admin
Topic starter  

Pretty much yes. 

so much depends on Lane. 

oberkfell
(@oberkfell)

Again, I would like to say this is such an informative and fun topic.  I have learned an abundance of information.  

the bobber
(@the-bobber)
Saluki Platnum Member Saluki Insider

Posted by: @rockin-dawg

So, the take-away from all this is after 31 pages of discussion, we don't know jack shit about what's going to happen?

it might rain tomorrow.

Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

OK I take back everything I said, including what I'm saying right now.

Go Dawgs!

SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

Posted by: @johnny-utah

Mike Davis was fired today……Texas Southern connection……..Hopefully not sniffing this direction.

There is no way anyone will justify hiring a guy that just won 1 game this year

rabidsaluki
(@rabidsaluki)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

We were picked to finish 9th. We finish 6th. We were a few crappy halves from finishing fourth or even third. Mullins finishes THIRD in COY voting. 

And some here want him gone? 

I know the whole body of work doesn't look great. But at least we haven't gone through any single win seasons. 

Give him two more years. 

"The bureaucratic mentality is the only constant in the universe." ~Dr. Leonard H. McCoy

Barkeep 1967
(@barkeep-1967)
SIU Arena Poster Admin
Topic starter  

I don’t think many people want him gone. 

(@dunkledog)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

I don’t think many people want him gone. 

if we lose to uic is Bryan gone?

SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

Interesting that the national media is tweeting this:

https://twitter.com/MattNorlander/status/1765965782729506915

Booby's
(@boobys)

just get it over with.  fire him. 

Craving a McBride Special!

Salukifan32 reacted