Coach Carousel

8 Posts
5 Users
1 Reactions
Saluki 69
(@saluki-69)
SIU Arena Poster Admin
Topic starter  

ESPN+ posted a story this morning about potential coaching changes. Here are a few items of interest...

Southern Illinois - Hinson hasn't done a bad job but apparently the "marriage" could be coming to an end. According to ESPN sources, the favorite to replace him is a guy named Bryan Mullins.

Purdue - Expect Painter to entertain offers from UCLA and Arizona.

Wichita - Although his stock is falling expect Marshall to land a big job.

Oregon - Dana Altman is open to flirtations from Nebraska.

Kansas - Self to the NBA

ReplyQuote
Barkeep 1967
(@barkeep-1967)
SIU Arena Poster Admin

After a chat with 69 we are both thinking ESPN’s sources on Barry are probably this site lol

Saloukeyfan reacted
ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

Actually I'm hearing Jim Les to UCLA and Barry to UC-Davis!   California is desperately in need of  barbecuing expertise, and Davis is an ag school so they do know where's the beef.

ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

Posted by: Saluki 69

ESPN+ posted a story this morning about potential coaching changes. Here are a few items of interest...

Southern Illinois - Hinson hasn't done a bad job but apparently the "marriage" could be coming to an end. According to ESPN sources, the favorite to replace him is a guy named Bryan Mullins.

Kansas - Self to the NBA

Painter will leave Purdue in a coffin! If Dana Altman does that move, then he's been smoking way to much Oregon top-grade weed!

ReplyQuote
Barkeep 1967
(@barkeep-1967)
SIU Arena Poster Admin

I thought that also at first but Oregon was named in the fbi probe and they are not a bullet proof blue blood 

ReplyQuote
(@bknight)
Abe Martin Field Poster

Posted by: Barkeep 1967

After a chat with 69 we are both thinking ESPN’s sources on Barry are probably this site lol

I wouldn't scoff to much at that.  Reporters are real lazy these days, the SI should be a prime example.

Case in point, Don Fischer (IU radio voice) made a remark about Bob Knight's health.  Of course someone from the Indy Scar either heard it direct or heard it second hand.  Instead of contacting Knight or his family direct, they of course called Fischer who has had NO relationship with Knight in about 19 years.  Fischer didn't get that specific with them and asked that they not run the story. Of course they did.  And, when others called the Knight home Knight's wife denied the story and said he was out fishing.  Knight has several public appearances coming up and to my knowledge none have been canceled.

So is it beyond belief that the ESPN source is this lil ole message board?  Not a bit, they are just as lazy as anyone else.

ReplyQuote
(@bknight)
Abe Martin Field Poster

Posted by: Mr_Woogers
Posted by: Saluki 69

Kansas - Self to the NBA

Painter will leave Purdue in a coffin! If Dana Altman does that move, then he's been smoking way to much Oregon top-grade weed!

I could see Dana leaving Oregon.  Not necessarily for Nebraska, however the Huskers have really upgraded their program and their facilities. 

ReplyQuote
(@va-saluki)
Charlotte West Stadium Poster

Dana Altman is from Crete, Nebraska - just down the road from Lincoln.  

His Oregon program has lost 25 games in the last 2 years and I am pretty sure they are currently on probation.  Duck fans and Nike are probably not happy with Altman and. this last round of NCAA penalties may get the program a longer period of probation!  Altman is also 60 years old so Nike might be ready for a new, younger leader.

First, Nebraska has to fire Tim Miles, but home might be looking pretty good to Old Dan bout now.

ReplyQuote

Share: