2,457 Posts
112 Users
2685 Reactions
45.3 K Views
(@bigjsaluki)
Charlotte West Stadium Poster

Posted by: @salukifan32

Posted by: @kiwiball

Cuonso Martin to MSU. So now we are sitting with no body and MSU has sign their coach.  

I think I'd literally rather not have a coach than have Martin coaching 

I think it says a lot that the d2 coach at northwest Missouri that a week ago was a "shoe in" wanted nothing to do with sms in the end.  

AJCSaluki and AirDawg86 reacted
ReplyQuote
siufan6
(@siufan6)
Abe Martin Field Poster

Posted by: @the-bobber

So who is the lucky saluki-insider poster to put it at 100 pages. My money is saluki 4 life!🤔

i think years ago on salukitalk there was much interest in which poster might hit some milestone number.  of course, the MSN saluki posted like 100 times a day.  but if i remember, i think oberkfell snuck in at the wire with something completely irrelevant to the salukis. 

Man talking about Saluki talk brings back memories. OBD’s aprils fools joke with WSU’s board was the best.

My wife found my old Salukitalk t shirt the other day. Starting 5 from ‘07 team made up as South Park characters.  That was a great design.

Was much more fun arguing about top 25 rankings and NCAA tournament seeding. Good times.  

Rockin' Dawg, AirDawg86, DirtyDale and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member
Topic starter  

Posted by: @dunkledog

Posted by: @saluki-4-life

I hate the idea of an assistant after that word vomit our AD spewed. That would be admitting you couldn’t get your guy and that’s a disaster to fire a young coach doing, at a minimum decent, to not get anything you wanted. I bet if you asked TL he’d even admit at the end of it, if this is the case, he might be regretting it. After all, he wanted an extension last year!

is there even actual sources connecting us to the Wisconsin guy? 

Yes, I have a source that named Krabbenhoft.  He was just named, I don't know if they're finalizing something or starting a new search.  I guess we'll find out tomorrow.

siufan6 and AirDawg86 reacted
ReplyQuote
Saluki 4 Life
(@saluki-4-life)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Posted by: @salukiworld

Posted by: @dunkledog

Posted by: @saluki-4-life

I hate the idea of an assistant after that word vomit our AD spewed. That would be admitting you couldn’t get your guy and that’s a disaster to fire a young coach doing, at a minimum decent, to not get anything you wanted. I bet if you asked TL he’d even admit at the end of it, if this is the case, he might be regretting it. After all, he wanted an extension last year!

is there even actual sources connecting us to the Wisconsin guy? 

Yes, I have a source that named Krabbenhoft.  He was just named, I don't know if they're finalizing something or starting a new search.  I guess we'll find out tomorrow.

could it be a contingency plan or posturing on SIUs part to get another deal over the line?

beadmedaddio reacted
ReplyQuote
Jabman62
(@jabman62)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

If this is the higher what box did he check or were we okie doked

ReplyQuote
Saluki 4 Life
(@saluki-4-life)

Posted by: @jabman62

none of them. It would be evidence we failed miserably.

Rockin' Dawg reacted
ReplyQuote
oberkfell
(@oberkfell)

Posted by: @the-bobber

So who is the lucky saluki-insider poster to put it at 100 pages. My money is saluki 4 life!🤔

i think years ago on salukitalk there was much interest in which poster might hit some milestone number.  of course, the MSN saluki posted like 100 times a day.  but if i remember, i think oberkfell snuck in at the wire with something completely irrelevant to the salukis. 

who me? Wasn’t me. Haha 

ReplyQuote
Quatros Saluki
(@quatroschallengesaluki)

I remember MSN and his fascination with Kate Beckinsale, was always funny. I remember another poster always had a thing for Hayden Panettiere, problem was, she was only like 16 at the time. haha 

siufan6 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@johnny-utah)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Posted by: @jabman62

I had to read this thing like 5 times….each time going am I high or what am I missing here.  Finally hit me….hire.  Haha. Maybe one of these days we’ll have a “higher”.

And totally not making fun, it happens.

PackerDawg, Salukifan32, AirDawg86 and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@kiwiball)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

So if indeed it is Krabbenhoft. That means we had possibly 2-3+ coaches that said no to us. If I am figuring this right. 

ReplyQuote
AirDawg86
(@airdawg86)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster Admin

Posted by: @mjzelten

Posted by: @obd

Look at it this way, folks. The last B1G assistant coach we hired turned out pretty good.

Technically, the last B1G assistant we hired, we also fired.

So, we're 50/50 on hiring Big-X assistant coaches.  I forgot Lowery was with Weber at Illinois.  When I typed a similar comment earlier I was thinking Lowery was on Painter's staff.

Go Dawgs!

ReplyQuote
Quatros Saluki

So if indeed it is Krabbenhoft. That means we had possibly 2-3+ coaches that said no to us. If I am figuring this right. 

Im probably completely wrong, but i still think its going to be spradlin. His name is getting tossed around as a candidate for multiple jobs though, so i can't blame him for taking a couple extra days and maybe talking to some of those other places too. But, and im not sure why, i still think he is the guy.

If i was in Vegas with Shohei Ohtani right now, i'd bet on it.

PackerDawg and Lolton reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ajcsaluki)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Posted by: @quatroschallengesaluki

I remember MSN and his fascination with Kate Beckinsale, was always funny. I remember another poster always had a thing for Hayden Panettiere, problem was, she was only like 16 at the time. haha 

At the risk of getting in trouble, I have to admit to having mixed feelings about MSN (I was mostly a lurker at the time). He was very funny, witty, insightful, well-connected and always entertaining. On the other hand, it seemed that there were a lot of insults and personal attacks. I was never the target of these, but the SIU alum who introduced me to the site and had been on it for years (and often was a voice of reason) was targeted often and wound up leaving, never to return. Even so, I'd probably welcome an MSN comeback if he's mellowed a bit.

ReplyQuote
AirDawg86
(@airdawg86)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster Admin

Was that Spike?  Or did he have a thing for someone else? 

Go Dawgs!

ReplyQuote
Quatros Saluki

Posted by: @airdawg86

Was that Spike?  Or did he have a thing for someone else? 

I can't remember the posters name. I do know he always claimed to be a teenager too so it was ok to like her even though she was only 16 haha

AirDawg86 reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 100 / 164

Share: