Coaching Search

2,457 Posts
112 Users
2685 Reactions
45.8 K Views
Saluki44
(@saluki44)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

The only way Lowery got an interview was if it was a courtesy interview on Leonard’s part. Obviously, there’s no way he’s a serious candidate. 

ReplyQuote
(@sandman95)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Posted by: @siudawgs

I'm guessing the relationship between SIU Athletics and the Domask family isn't in a great place since they were/are close to Mullins, but it would be interesting to get the family's perspective on Krabbenhoft. I'm sure they're quite familiar from many years playing/coaching in the state, and particularly from Wisconsin's unsuccessful recruitment of Marcus last year.

How did he miss Marcus?  Was he recruiting then?

ReplyQuote
siudawgs
(@siudawgs)
SIU Arena Poster

Posted by: @saluki44

The only way Lowery got an interview was if it was a courtesy interview on Leonard’s part. Obviously, there’s no way he’s a serious candidate. 

It wouldn't work here based on the baggage of how it ended for Lowery, but by all accounts he has done a very good job as an assistant at Northwestern, and it wouldn't shock me at all to see him get another chance somewhere. I'm guessing he'd love for that to be sooner than later, as he's not getting any younger, and who knows how long NU will sustain success in the Big Ten.

Saluki44 reacted
ReplyQuote
siudawgs
(@siudawgs)
SIU Arena Poster

Posted by: @sandman95

Posted by: @siudawgs

I'm guessing the relationship between SIU Athletics and the Domask family isn't in a great place since they were/are close to Mullins, but it would be interesting to get the family's perspective on Krabbenhoft. I'm sure they're quite familiar from many years playing/coaching in the state, and particularly from Wisconsin's unsuccessful recruitment of Marcus last year.

How did he miss Marcus?  Was he recruiting then?

I don't know the inside story, but yes, he was.

ReplyQuote
(@sandman95)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

@siudawgs 

kind of a big miss in your own back yard.

ReplyQuote
(@usmcsaluki)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Could we hide advertisements on the site until we get a new coach in place? 

🙂 

Refreshing this thread too many times and seeing the full screen overlay ad is getting a bit old.

In all seriousness, I haven't been thrilled with the candidates mentioned so far, but would peg that Wisconsin associate head coach as the best one I've seen.  I'd rather have a high-level program's assistant come down to Carbondale than a low-level coach come up; I realize we can find success either way, but I like our odds with someone coming down better.

ReplyQuote
Dawg
 Dawg
(@dawg)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

@usmcsaluki I don't get that when I refresh.

ReplyQuote
(@mtripp)
Davies Gym Poster

@rockin-dawg Thats not because of Smithpeters.

ReplyQuote
Cosmos
(@cosmos)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

Hey the ad money has probable gone from 15 cents to 65 cents based on the amount of traffic this place has been saying lately. More power to it. 

ReplyQuote
(@dunkledog)

Bob with the scoop on facebook

ReplyQuote
ReSaluki 88
(@resaluki-88)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @dunkledog

Bob with the scoop on facebook

Doesn't his massive quantity of inside information and prediction posts qualify him for the old broken clock adage....

ReplyQuote
Barkeep 1967
(@barkeep-1967)
SIU Arena Poster Admin

Posted by: @cosmos

Hey the ad money has probable gone from 15 cents to 65 cents based on the amount of traffic this place has been saying lately. More power to it. 

yea I’m not turning the ads off 🤣

INSaluki, oberkfell, SalukiWorld and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dunkledog)

@resaluki-88 lol I’m just hopping for a decision sometime this week while I’m on spring break and don’t have to teach so I can doom scroll 

ReSaluki 88 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ajcsaluki)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Posted by: @dunkledog

@resaluki-88 lol I’m just hopping for a decision sometime this week while I’m on spring break and don’t have to teach so I can doom scroll 

As the days pass without an announcement, I'm just hoping it doesn't come on April Fools' Day. That would be a terrible omen and undoubtedly certain posters would have a field day with it.

ReplyQuote
(@johnny-utah)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

So since there was the possible revelation of C-Lo getting interviewed. I was told Dana Ford got an interview.  Now this didn’t come from someone on the university’s side but from someone on Dana’s side.  I didn’t want to believe it but if C-Lo is possibly getting vetted anything is possible.

ReplyQuote
Page 114 / 164

Share: