2,457 Posts
112 Users
2685 Reactions
45.8 K Views
(@deshane)
Saluki Stadium Poster

Posted by: @resaluki-88

Posted by: @saluki-4-life

The coach has been predetermined before Bryan was ever told he was fired.

Source?

I'm still waiting for your "source".

ReplyQuote
DirtyDale
(@dirtydale)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

One fun thing that stems from this whole portal deal and the firing of your coach is that we at least get some content for several months of the offseason.

ReplyQuote
(@siu-grad-87)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

Didn’t really believe the whole Smithpeters was a done deal thing before all this which is what the saluki for life person is saying.  

But Mullins’ wife was on Facebook Friday afternoon subtly and briefly sort of bashing SIU administration, and Smithpeters to an extent. 

It wasn’t much and it was only a sentence, but you usually don’t see that from a coach’s wife on social media, publicly like that, so something was going on here.

It was just a reply to someone else, but someone else had posted about Kyle Smithpeters getting the job. 

So who knows at this point. 

Supporter of the Fab 4: Scottie Ebube, Foster Wonders, AJ Ferguson & Cade Hornecker.

They’re the ones that can get us where we haven’t been in 15 years.

AirDawg86 and Saluki44 reacted
ReplyQuote
Dawgbytes
(@dawgbytes)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

God help anyone who believes what they hear coming out of the mouth of anyone in a position of power these days. Does the fast that there will not be a coaching search tell you anything? 

The advancement and diffusion of knowledge is the only guardian of true liberty.
James Madison

ReplyQuote
Saluki44
(@saluki44)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @dawgbytes

God help anyone who believes what they hear coming out of the mouth of anyone in a position of power these days. Does the fast that there will not be a coaching search tell you anything? 

What do you mean? Leonard himself said there would be a search; just that it wouldn’t involve a committee (and thankfully so, because the consensus is that committee searches are usually worthless).

ReplyQuote
Saluki44
(@saluki44)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @siu-grad-87

Didn’t really believe the whole Smithpeters was a done deal thing before all this which is what the saluki for life person is saying.  

But Mullins’ wife was on Facebook Friday afternoon subtly and briefly sort of bashing SIU administration, and Smithpeters to an extent. 

It wasn’t much and it was only a sentence, but you usually don’t see that from a coach’s wife on social media, publicly like that, so something was going on here.

It was just a reply to someone else, but someone else had posted about Kyle Smithpeters getting the job. 

So who knows at this point. 

Nice sleuthing work here 👍 

AirDawg86 reacted
ReplyQuote
Saluki 4 Life
(@saluki-4-life)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

KS is the next coach. There is no search, it was predetermined. I’ll be back in a week or 2 to say I told you so. Joke.

ReplyQuote
Salukifan32
(@salukifan32)

KS is the next coach. There is no search, it was predetermined. I’ll be back in a week or 2 to say I told you so. Joke.

Screenshotting this for potentially comedic purposes 

Rockin' Dawg reacted
ReplyQuote
Saluki 4 Life
(@saluki-4-life)

Posted by: @salukifan32

I don’t think anyone is going to find it funny, I’ll be honest.

AirDawg86 reacted
ReplyQuote
Saluki44
(@saluki44)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Not a fan of Smithpeters? (Genuinely curious.)

ReplyQuote
Saluki 4 Life
(@saluki-4-life)

Posted by: @saluki44

Not a fan of Smithpeters? (Genuinely curious.)

not particularly, but I would be more than willing to accept it if there was a legit search. This has been in the works for over a year. Also, when TL says “it’s gonna take a while cause they’re good coaches still playing” and “when you look down there and see Wardle and Jacobson we want to be able to match up” if you turn around and hire KS that’s a really really bad look and makes no sense.

beadmedaddio reacted
ReplyQuote
Maroonloon
(@maroonloon)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

No clue as to what is going on, as usual. Other than hoping we get a solid coach, have no dawg in this coaching search. Based on what's been said by the AD, it seems impossible to not have a search.

But this has all the ingredients of a typical SIU clusterf**k. If KS is "the" man and there was no search, (which again, I doubt), I would not be surprised. And SI is going to be wild. 

March on triumphantly!

AirDawg86 reacted
ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member
Topic starter  

Seems like Ben McCollum is headed to Missouri State.  This one seems like it's been locked for months.

Also seems like Porter Moser might be DePaul bound.  I think Bryan will join him even over taking a HC job.

AirDawg86 reacted
ReplyQuote
siudawgs
(@siudawgs)
SIU Arena Poster

Ben McCollum has the resume/background very much along the lines of what Tim Leonard said he is looking for: a proven bench coach who has sustained success and could realistically be expected to match up with top coaches around the league. If that turns out to be Mo State's hire, I'm already envious.

ReplyQuote
Saluki 4 Life
(@saluki-4-life)

Posted by: @siudawgs

Ben McCollum has the resume/background very much along the lines of what Tim Leonard said he is looking for: a proven bench coach who has sustained success and could realistically be expected to match up with top coaches around the league. If that turns out to be Mo State's hire, I'm already envious.

yep!

AirDawg86 reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 16 / 164

Share: