2,457 Posts
112 Users
2685 Reactions
45.8 K Views
DirtyDale
(@dirtydale)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Posted by: @sportsfreak75

Since Morehead State plays in the OVC, does anybody know what Spradlin's record was against Belmont and Murray before they left?

a brief glance looks like Morehead State was 6-5 vs Belmont and Murray the last 2 years they were in the OVC. Not too shabby! Prior to that….no bueno. (My math might not be mathing but only one win before that during his tenure) 

This doesn’t matter for the discussion at all but the Dawgs have done well against the former OVC titans since their debut in the MVC. 6-1 over the last 2 years. 

ReplyQuote
terrier1
(@terrier1)
Charlotte West Stadium Poster

@salukiworld I believe you have to have an offense, other than let the clock run down to 8 seconds and clear out for X or Domask

oberkfell reacted
ReplyQuote
INSaluki
(@insaluki)
SIU Arena Poster

Posted by: @oberkfell

Posted by: @salukiworld

Posted by: @grimper57

So, I've done some reading on his coaching style (of course, the Internet never lies) -- but it sounds like he's a very Mullins-like or Tony Bennett-like coach.   Slow tempo.  Not sure that's what we need, but of course it's going to depend on how we come out of the portal transfers.

Yes, his team style is very similar to Mullins but he's been a hell of a recruiter at Morehead State with limited resources.  His teams were always super athletic compared to the rest of the OVC which was a big problem in my opinion with Mullins.  Not enough length and athleticism compared to the rest of the MVC.  Mullins' teams had to rely more on try-hard to make up for the athleticism difference.

Don’t forget about getting the most out of a shot clock to the point it malfunctions.  

How about stepping out of bounds, without contact, turnovers ?? 

oberkfell reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dunkledog)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

Need this to get done soon. For my own sanity lol

ReplyQuote
(@foxman24)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

@insaluki this was more prevalent in EVERY game I watched, not just Saluki ball.

ReplyQuote
siudawgs
(@siudawgs)
SIU Arena Poster

They usually have media availability at the NCAAs the day before the game, so I'm sure Spradlin will have a session today and it's conceivable he could be asked about his future ... probably would be more likely to be the case if he was at a higher-profile program than Morehead. I'm sure he wouldn't say much, anyway, as it's an awkward position to be in with an NCAA game to play.

Could be similar for DeVries in his media session today. And speaking of awkward, Schertz and the Sycamore play tonight in Terre Haute with strong rumblings that he is out the door.

Dysfunctional sport on a lot of fronts.

Saluki44 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dunkledog)

A guy on mvcfans says siu has a commitment for its next coach. Anyone hear if this is true ?

it’s possible but that guy is guessing at best 

This post was modified 2 months ago by Barkeep 1967

ReplyQuote
(@kiwiball)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

@dunkledog it’s like anything else.  Every one has an opinion.  The only 2 people that know, are the AD and the person selected. 
IMHO.

This post was modified 2 months ago by KIWIBALL

ReplyQuote
Cosmos
(@cosmos)

It's always very odd when an SIU fan is posting only on mvcfans but not on here. Typically a red flag when it comes to insider information. But it's likely that they have a coach ready to go. I would imagine almost every vacancy is coming down to its final stage at this point.

ReplyQuote
Quatros Saluki
(@quatroschallengesaluki)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Posted by: @dunkledog

A guy on mvcfans says siu has a commitment for its next coach. Anyone hear if this is true ?

it’s possible but that guy is guessing at best 

only thing we really have to go on right now are the tweets that were shared here yesterday morning 

ReplyQuote
(@14_alumdawg)
Abe Martin Field Poster

Posted by: @cosmos

It's always very odd when an SIU fan is posting only on mvcfans but not on here. Typically a red flag when it comes to insider information. But it's likely that they have a coach ready to go. I would imagine almost every vacancy is coming down to its final stage at this point.

I don't necessarily think it's that much of a red flag. There's a lot of people who don't know about this board. 

ReplyQuote
Barkeep 1967
(@barkeep-1967)
SIU Arena Poster Admin

Posted by: @14_alumdawg

Posted by: @cosmos

I don't necessarily think it's that much of a red flag. There's a lot of people who don't know about this board. 

this particular person knows about this board 

Sandman95, rafflaw, INSaluki and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Dawgbytes
(@dawgbytes)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @kiwiball

@dunkledog it’s like anything else.  Every one has an opinion.  The only 2 people that know, are the AD and the person selected. 
IMHO.

You need to add another name to your two person list. 

The advancement and diffusion of knowledge is the only guardian of true liberty.
James Madison

Barkeep 1967 reacted
ReplyQuote
Woofie2
(@woofie2)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Posted by: @woofie2

Posted by: @kiwiball

@salukiworld don’t be surprised if Lowery is in the mix at UIC

Honestly, I could See Mullins landing on his feet at DePaul or UIC, (His record at SIU is a lot better than those programs current track records, and closer ties to recruiting for the area could put him as a top contender.)

Nobody is looking to hire a coach that just got fired.

To quote a Valley Coach, Royce Waltman, "Well, I can't get a head coaching job, because if you get fired for cheating you can get hired right back again," Waltman said. "But if you get fired for losing you're like you've got
leprosy."  

Larry Eustachy was fried from Iowa State for going to collage drinking parties. (pictures from him at a University of Missouri party, off Quinn Snyder's camera, showed him drunk with young ladies)

Mullins was fired for not making the postseason, (just like Hinson from SW Mo State) someone somewhere will see his winning career as an improvement and give him a shot.  (UIC maybe, they have been on 20+ loss seasons, below 500 for 5 years)

I don't feel Brad Korn will have a shot. 

Austinsaluki reacted
ReplyQuote
oberkfell
(@oberkfell)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Posted by: @insaluki

Posted by: @oberkfell

Posted by: @salukiworld

So, I've done some reading on his coaching style (of course, the Internet never lies) -- but it sounds like he's a very Mullins-like or Tony Bennett-like coach.   Slow tempo.  Not sure that's what we need, but of course it's going to depend on how we come out of the portal transfers.

Yes, his team style is very similar to Mullins but he's been a hell of a recruiter at Morehead State with limited resources.  His teams were always super athletic compared to the rest of the OVC which was a big problem in my opinion with Mullins.  Not enough length and athleticism compared to the rest of the MVC.  Mullins' teams had to rely more on try-hard to make up for the athleticism difference.

Don’t forget about getting the most out of a shot clock to the point it malfunctions.  

How about stepping out of bounds, without contact, turnovers ?? 

I guess Banterra needs to change that line to a contrasting color with a coping. 

This post was modified 2 months ago by oberkfell

INSaluki reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 47 / 164

Share: