ReplyQuote
siudawgs
(@siudawgs)
SIU Arena Poster

Posted by: @salukiworld

Posted by: @obd

https://twitter.com/FatherHarry1/status/1770930631284838748?s=20

Yeah Harry dropped a bomb and then logged off Twitter

I don’t think the conference commissioner would be a primary source on a coaching change story. Assuming it’s unrelated.

ReplyQuote
Salukis2112
(@salukis2112)
Abe Martin Field Poster

Calipari might be available

Saluki Insider? I barely know her!

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member
Topic starter  

Posted by: @salukis2112

Calipari might be available

Yep, I hope whoever we hire gets announced soon because this might delay things

ReplyQuote
Salukifan32
(@salukifan32)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Cal isn't getting fired I'd say. Saw something where they'll owe him $33 million if they fire him after this season 

siufan6 reacted
ReplyQuote
siufan6
(@siufan6)
Abe Martin Field Poster

I mean with Calipari who else is going to keep this train of future nba picks coming?

Louisville would probably love to have him, but that’s a lot of dough to come up with for a buyout for either school.

ReplyQuote
(@lolton)
Davies Gym Poster

@siufan6 Are the UK fans sick of Cal they might pay buyout.

ReplyQuote
Quatros Saluki
(@quatroschallengesaluki)

Kind of interesting if you read Morehead States fan forum they have a Spradlin thread, and talk about him being a finalist for Wichita State, New Mexico State, Western Kentucky, and others, but never mention a thing about SIU even though as we know there have been at least a couple tweets about it being a possibility. So if it happens, it will be completely under the radar to their own fanbase it seems.

ReplyQuote
Cosmos
(@cosmos)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

Posted by: @quatroschallengesaluki

Kind of interesting if you read Morehead States fan forum they have a Spradlin thread, and talk about him being a finalist for Wichita State, New Mexico State, Western Kentucky, and others, but never mention a thing about SIU even though as we know there have been at least a couple tweets about it being a possibility. So if it happens, it will be completely under the radar to their own fanbase it seems.

I noticed that but all of those conversations are from a year ago, in 2023. There’s been nothing said this year. It’s not a very active board. 

SalukiWorld reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ajcsaluki)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

It seems as if this whole thing is under the radar. We can be fairly certain that Smithpeters was being considered (maybe still is, if all else fails), and that the Texas A&M assistant was a possibility at one point (also still could be, if all else fails). But otherwise, nobody else really is a confirmed candidate as far as I know, aside from the aforementioned tweets. Spradlin and a few others make sense because SIU wasn't going to hire anyone while their teams still were alive in postseason tournaments, but given that this search has been close to the vest, I still believe a "Mystery Date" could get the job. And I also wouldn't assume that the eventual choice is coaching in the NCAAs -- the NIT and CBI are ongoing, and our new coach could come from a team in one of those tournaments, as unappealing as that might be.

ReplyQuote
Saluki 69
(@saluki-69)
SIU Arena Poster Admin

Posted by: @dunkledog

Harry is gonna kill me I need something where’s our sources lol

There have been exactly zero leaks up to this point.

ReplyQuote
Cosmos
(@cosmos)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

if I was the AD my requirement would be that the incoming coach has a son between the ages of 15 and 17 that’s 6’4” or taller and is at least a 3 star recruit. Seems to be the key to Creighton and Drake finding their ultimate success in this conference. 

Salukifan32, Saluki44, Rockin' Dawg and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member
Topic starter  

There's actually a few good names in the CBI right now including Alan Huss at High Point.  He was one of my top candidates but I think he's gonna be tougher to pluck.

I think a worst case scenario would be somehow circling back to Towson's head coach, but their season is over.

ReplyQuote
Quatros Saluki
(@quatroschallengesaluki)

Posted by: @cosmos

I noticed that but all of those conversations are from a year ago, in 2023. There’s been nothing said this year. It’s not a very active board. 

Oh shit, yeah it is. haha, Its like the fifth topic down on the first page, just assumed it was talk from recent. haha

ReplyQuote
 MPH
(@mph)
Charlotte West Stadium Poster

Posted by: @airdawg86

I listened to the Harry interview with Spradlin and the post-game interview.  He would be  a good hire, I'd be happy if he is our new coach.

You're right, Harry 4 Coach

ReplyQuote
Page 56 / 164

Share: