Coaching Search

2,457 Posts
112 Users
2543 Likes
44.8 K Views
(@foxman24)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Que sera, sera...
I'm going to enjoy the tourney today with my laptop in front of me... you know... "working" 😆 

Saluki44 reacted
ReplyQuote
PackerDawg
(@packerdawg)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

Maybe we’re waiting to see if Matt Painter becomes available 😉

ReplyQuote
Barkeep 1967
(@barkeep-1967)
SIU Arena Poster Admin

Or Paul Lusk 🤣

ReplyQuote
(@dogdays)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Guessing they didn’t get back to Morehead till very late last night or even today. Wouldn’t be too concerned until Sunday . If nothing by then I’d be starting to wonder.

ReplyQuote
Quatros Saluki
(@quatroschallengesaluki)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Posted by: @dogdays

Guessing they didn’t get back to Morehead till very late last night or even today. Wouldn’t be too concerned until Sunday . If nothing by then I’d be starting to wonder.

a lot of teams hang around and watch the other games too so it’s conceivable they are still in Omaha 

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member
Topic starter  

I think if there's no announcement on Monday I'd start to worry

Rockin' Dawg reacted
ReplyQuote
siudawgs
(@siudawgs)
SIU Arena Poster

Posted by: @quatroschallengesaluki

a lot of teams hang around and watch the other games too so it’s conceivable they are still in Omaha 

Doubt this is the case, and even if so, it certainly shouldn't impact a major career move with sensitive timing.

ReplyQuote
(@ajcsaluki)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Posted by: @salukis60

https://twitter.com/CoachTreal2/status/1771170338123952506

I'll ultimately support anyone we hire, but if we can't do any better than this, Lord help us.

This post was modified 2 months ago by AJCSaluki

siudawgs reacted
ReplyQuote
Spike
(@spike)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

Still not particularly sold on Spradlin.

They played 4 P5 schools, not even good ones, and got blasted by an average of 20.

4 of their OOC wins came against NAIA schools.

Their starting 5 was 4 grad transfers and a 5th year senior.

He seems to run the basic, what I call 1A style...motion offense with few set plays and man to man. 

Morehead wasn't really a standout in the OVC until Belmont and Murray left and they have been middling the the Valley.

If he's hired I'll support him but I find it odd to act like it's a Slam dunk. 

This post was modified 2 months ago by Spike

ReplyQuote
(@lolton)
Dawg Pound Poster

Greg Marshall  is available! 😀 

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member
Topic starter  

Posted by: @spike

Morehead wasn't really a standout in the OVC until Belmont and Murray left and they have been middling the the Valley.

The won the OVC Championship with Belmont and Murray 4 years ago and beat Belmont in the Finals.

ReplyQuote
INSaluki
(@insaluki)
SIU Arena Poster

Posted by: @salukiworld

Posted by: @spike

The won the OVC Championship with Belmont and Murray 4 years ago and beat Belmont in the Finals.

As I previously mentioned, they have made the NIT or NCAA 3 of the last 4 years (2 of those Belmont & Murray were in the conference) and the other year they didn't make it, they made it to the conference championship game.  He absolutely is no slam dunk, but outside of a select few, who is?  I think he can do more at SIU than he has at Morehead, just my opinion. 

ReplyQuote
(@foxman24)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

@spike people need to stop with this "set plays" stuff. Set plays are not the sign of a good coach. 

Spradlin being deliberate in how his offense runs, especially after losing the conference player of the year prior to season start, and still winning 26 games and getting to the NCAA is pretty effing impressive. 

Rockin' Dawg, AJCSaluki, Lolton and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member
Topic starter  

If you haven't read up on Spradlin, he took over as an interim for a coach that resigned because he was found to have assaulted his players.  He basically had to undergo a full rebuild at Morehead.  He found players like Johni Broome (now one of the best players in the country at Auburn) and Ta'Lon Cooper (Minnesota/South Carolina).  

This year they lost reigning OVC Player of the Year Mark Freeman before the season and still ended up winning the conference this year.

Saluki44 and AJCSaluki reacted
ReplyQuote
(@kiwiball)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Let me add my 1 cent opinion. IF AND A BIG IF. If we indeed had these 2 coaches in for inverviews supposdly.? If they are still in omaha.? it may sunday they return home.? then talk to the players and maybe the recruits that are in on ?  OR maybe they are getting better offers? or the boosters are pulling out their money unless they get their candidate? Or this was all a smoke screen and SIU was going thru the motions and are going to hire smithpeters all along.? some questions that we will probaly never get answered because you know there is going to be a spin on this whole situation!

This post was modified 2 months ago by KIWIBALL

ReplyQuote
Page 58 / 164

Share: