Clear all

Coaching Search

2,457 Posts
112 Users
2685 Reactions
45.3 K Views
(@ajcsaluki)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

One thing that gives me a bit of pause about the Spradlin situation is that the coaching landscape in Kentucky has a lot of possible moving parts. The Louisville job still is open, Lutz is on the rise and could be poached from Western Kentucky, and Calipari's status at UK is shaky. Based on his bio, Spradlin has lived his entire life in Kentucky. It's not certain how any of these potential changes might affect Spradlin, but because he's from Kentucky, I definitely could see him staying put for the moment and waiting to see how everything shakes out in-state -- at the very least, he's probably a top candidate at WKU if Lutz moves on.

ReplyQuote
(@dunkledog)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

Posted by: @ajcsaluki

One thing that gives me a bit of pause about the Spradlin situation is that the coaching landscape in Kentucky has a lot of possible moving parts. The Louisville job still is open, Lutz is on the rise and could be poached from Western Kentucky, and Calipari's status at UK is shaky. Based on his bio, Spradlin has lived his entire life in Kentucky. It's not certain how any of these potential changes might affect Spradlin, but because he's from Kentucky, I definitely could see him staying put for the moment and waiting to see how everything shakes out in-state -- at the very least, he's probably a top candidate at WKU if Lutz moves on.

Do we even have reliable Info that siu is interested or interviewed the people we’re talking about ?

ReplyQuote
(@kiwiball)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

If our AD Is any type of an AD. we have our coach.  If for whatever reason. Mentioned in the previous message.  You have a backup plan set and ready to go.  Let’s enjoy the weekend games and will find out Monday 

ReplyQuote
(@kiwiball)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Posted by: @dunkledog

Posted by: @ajcsaluki

We need the old watergate undercover man who can get it for us🤔

Do we even have reliable Info that siu is interested or interviewed the people we’re talking about ?

ReplyQuote
Booby's
(@boobys)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Spradlin isn't coming here.

Craving a McBride Special!

ReplyQuote
(@kiwiball)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

@boobys 

ok who is?  

ReplyQuote
Quatros Saluki
(@quatroschallengesaluki)

Posted by: @boobys

Debbie Downer haha

Salukifan32 reacted
ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member
Topic starter  

Posted by: @boobys

Is this a recent change?  I know people here are trying to poo poo on Spradlin but I'm not sure you're gonna like potential backup options.

Salukifan32 reacted
ReplyQuote
Saluki44
(@saluki44)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Wouldn’t surprise me if we didn’t get Spradlin. He’s got a good thing going at Morehead. He may think he can win big next season and use that to land a major conference job.

Sandman95 reacted
ReplyQuote
ReSaluki 88
(@resaluki-88)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Hearing some very surprising rumors from fairly well connected sources. Still have a very hard time believing it, but the name I'm hearing is Kent Williams. Probably not true, but again pretty well sourced!

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member
Topic starter  

Posted by: @resaluki-88

Hearing some very surprising rumors from fairly well connected sources. Still have a very hard time believing it, but the name I'm hearing is Kent Williams. Probably not true, but again pretty well sourced!

Remember what I said about other options not being as good as Spradlin?  I'd be fine with Kent coming on as an assistant though.

ReplyQuote
(@kiwiball)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

@salukiworld 

we are getting ahead of ourselves.  
Person say we are not getting spradlin.  Then someone posts he has a good get at Morehead.  Then someone post that SIU is still a good job.  I don’t see people beating down the door. Maybe word is out that gee, last coach has a winning record and won 42 fames in 2 years and gets canned. And he is an alum and in their HOF. You don’t think these coaches cover their bases and invest some time and effort in a future job. Maybe there is something that MAY make this job not so highly desirable.  

ReplyQuote
Kyle_Saluki_17
(@kyle_saluki_17)

This better not be true. KS would be 100x better choice just based on his proven recruiting successes. Don’t bring in a high school coach. 

AirDawg86, Salukifan32, Rockin' Dawg and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
INSaluki
(@insaluki)
SIU Arena Poster

Posted by: @salukiworld

Remember what I said about other options not being as good as Spradlin?  I'd be fine with Kent coming on as an assistant though.

Kent Williams does not check the boxes we were given.  I would be shocked if he was the hire.  

Rockin' Dawg reacted
ReplyQuote
(@kiwiball)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

@kyle_saluki_17 

another very high source saying this may be a possibility. Is SIU the job that everyone covets or are we now being looked at as a terrible job opportunity?

ReplyQuote
Page 61 / 164

Share: