Drake @ SIU 1/4/23 7:00 PM ESPN+

320 Posts
41 Users
287 Reactions
Saluki44
(@saluki44)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @invisiblesaluki

Given I'm attending I expect we'll lose... We haven't won a game I've been at since CLo's 1st year... Granted, a sample size of 2 (the AJ Graves buzzer beater and the game at Loyola in January 2020)

I still have nightmares from that Graves buzzer beater. That felt like the beginning of the end of our run. 

ReplyQuote
Saluki44
(@saluki44)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @g-man

Scottie will be a "game-time decision" whether he will get minutes in tonight's game, according to BM.

Yes, please. I'm way too jacked to get Ebube back, given that we really only have, what, two games of seeing him in action. 

ReplyQuote
(@invisiblesaluki)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

@saluki44 I think the beginning of the end of our run was the USC game earlier that year that technically didn't happen

ReplyQuote
siudawgs
(@siudawgs)
SIU Arena Poster

Posted by: @saluki44

Posted by: @g-man

Scottie will be a "game-time decision" whether he will get minutes in tonight's game, according to BM.

Yes, please. I'm way too jacked to get Ebube back, given that we really only have, what, two games of seeing him in action. 

Between Rupert/Muila playing well lately, Mullins' conservative nature when it comes to playing inexperienced guys and the challenging opponent, I wouldn't be surprised to see Ebube either not play or play very sparingly tonight, and then playing some/more against UNI on Saturday. Wouldn't mind being wrong, but that's my guess.

ReplyQuote
Barkeep 1967
(@barkeep-1967)
SIU Arena Poster Admin

Given I'm attending I expect we'll lose... We haven't won a game I've been at since CLo's 1st year... Granted, a sample size of 2 (the AJ Graves buzzer beater and the game at Loyola in January 2020)

I still have nightmares from that Graves buzzer beater. That felt like the beginning of the end of our run. 

😢

Saluki44 reacted
ReplyQuote
OBD
 OBD
(@obd)
McAndrew Stadium Poster Admin

Yeah, I was at that game, too.

ReplyQuote
(@invisiblesaluki)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Honestly, if I recall correctly it was on a ESPN channel and I wanna see the full game broadcast

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member
Topic starter  

Honestly, if I recall correctly it was on a ESPN channel and I wanna see the full game broadcast

Havent found the full broadcast for that but they have the buzzer beater:

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
Class of 69
(@class-of-69)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

Happy to hear Scottie may make an appearance. It will be good to finally see him playing, though I won't be expecting much from him so soon after his injury.

This post was modified 1 year ago by Class of 69

ReplyQuote
Class of 69
(@class-of-69)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

Posted by: @salukiworld

Havent found the full broadcast for that but they have the buzzer beater:

I was there also. What a stunner after it seemed like we had won a hard fought contest. Remember telling some Butler fans right before Graves' shot, "Good game!".. 🙄 

ReplyQuote
AnnaBob
(@annabob)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

@invisiblesaluki they take cards and cash.  If they only have the one concession stand open like last game, you may be in for a wait.

ReplyQuote
INSaluki
(@insaluki)
SIU Arena Poster

After last year's regular season close battles, I expect much of the same tonight.  This would be a huge win IMO as it allows the team's confidence to continue to grow and keeps them on the heels of Indiana St and Bradley.  

Go Dawgs !

Rockin' Dawg and rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
Kyle_Saluki_17
(@kyle_saluki_17)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

@olddawg35 stats don’t lie, but they don’t make an entire argument either. I don’t really feel like this should have to be explained much. Look at how well he is contesting shots, and right now, he’s the only big we have that is safe to switch on a screen. If you want the rest of the argument, you’re just going to have to watch the games. It’s fairly obvious.

ReplyQuote
(@siumd)
Charlotte West Stadium Poster

Watched several of these potential resurrection games since our downturn and every time we have had a chance to rebuild the program and continue positive momentum against stiff competition, we have gotten destroyed.  Hope we take a step forward tonight.

Class of 69 and siudawgs reacted
ReplyQuote
(@usmcsaluki)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 22

Share: