58 Users
507 Reactions
15.3 K Views
SIU_2011
(@siu_2011)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @quatroschallengesaluki

Posted by: @johnny-utah

Got Dam it….here we go again. You guys are really upselling this guy…..and I’m buying it.  Don’t let me down.

yeah, they’re doing the same thing with Marquis Kennedy too. He’s getting a lot of upsell for a guy that’s never been a full time starter, not even for a last place A10 team last season. I haven’t watched him play much, except against siu, but I sure don’t see what they see. I really hope we get the guy, and I really hope he is as good as they say. But I’m skeptical.

I think people are looking at him as a Jones replacement. He’s been injured the past couple years at Loyola, but when healthy he gets downhill and to the rim just like Jones. His 3 point shooting has been up and down year to year, but he doesn’t shoot them as much as Jones does either.

He could definitely get 10+ points per game and he’s a really good defender. If he can stay healthy , he would be a really good pickup.

ReplyQuote
INSaluki
(@insaluki)
SIU Arena Poster

Posted by: @siu_2011

Got Dam it….here we go again. You guys are really upselling this guy…..and I’m buying it.  Don’t let me down.

yeah, they’re doing the same thing with Marquis Kennedy too. He’s getting a lot of upsell for a guy that’s never been a full time starter, not even for a last place A10 team last season. I haven’t watched him play much, except against siu, but I sure don’t see what they see. I really hope we get the guy, and I really hope he is as good as they say. But I’m skeptical.

I think people are looking at him as a Jones replacement. He’s been injured the past couple years at Loyola, but when healthy he gets downhill and to the rim just like Jones. His 3 point shooting has been up and down year to year, but he doesn’t shoot them as much as Jones does either.

He could definitely get 10+ points per game and he’s a really good defender. If he can stay healthy , he would be a really good pickup.

Respectfully, and I'm not just saying that, I'll take the under for a case of beer.  You don't go from being a LESS than 10ppg player, then come HERE of all places where offense goes to die, and become a 10ppg+ scorer.  Look at Newton as an example.  

ReplyQuote
INSaluki
(@insaluki)
SIU Arena Poster

Posted by: @dirtydale

I’m just glad this is getting a bunch of you guys to step back from the ledge for a minute. 🤣  There were a lot of #BadVibes in here for a few weeks. 

Haha you may get a couple days, but if recruits don't start rolling in soon, folks will quickly get impatient again.

15 years without even sniffing the postseason.. I would not call that impatient.  Mullins has had 4 years and, at least to this point, we are not in a better position (today) than we were 4 years ago.  This, of course, is just my opinion. 

ReplyQuote
Booby's
(@boobys)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

can you remind us who else we have signed this spring? i haven't heard any one say this is a 3rd team all american. he been straddled with crap coaches since signed up with that cellar dweller and Mullins left.  lighten up boys. there's no magic bullet here. he is a helpful piece if healthy. he is probably the best player we have visiting this weekend.

This post was modified 1 year ago 2 times by Booby's

Craving a McBride Special!

ReplyQuote
(@siu-grad-87)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

What type of announcement do universities typically make when they hire an assistant basketball coach?  

Supporter of the Fab 4: Scottie Ebube, Foster Wonders, AJ Ferguson & Cade Hornecker.

They’re the ones that can get us where we haven’t been in 15 years.

ReplyQuote
OBD
 OBD
(@obd)
McAndrew Stadium Poster Admin

Posted by: @siu-grad-87

What type of announcement do universities typically make when they hire an assistant basketball coach?  

I would think that most of the time, it would just be a press release on the web site. Since it would be for a top assistant, they might have a press conference where the trot out the head coach, saying how great the new guy is and how he will strengthen the program.

ReplyQuote
Booby's
(@boobys)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Posted by: @siu-grad-87

usually just a press release 

Craving a McBride Special!

ReplyQuote
Cosmos
(@cosmos)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

The University is closed today so I wonder if that pushes the announcement back. 

ReplyQuote
OBD
 OBD
(@obd)

Posted by: @cosmos

The University is closed today so I wonder if that pushes the announcement back. 

Why? They just got done with spring break.

EDIT: Power outage???

ReplyQuote
siudawgs
(@siudawgs)
SIU Arena Poster

Posted by: @insaluki

Respectfully, and I'm not just saying that, I'll take the under for a case of beer.  You don't go from being a LESS than 10ppg player, then come HERE of all places where offense goes to die, and become a 10ppg+ scorer.  Look at Newton as an example.  

I get where you're coming from but from having watched both a lot over the years, Kennedy's skill and athleticism pop much more than Newton's. He's not a great shooter but he's long, athletic and gets to the rim. Also very fun in transition. I do think some lingering injuries have hampered him at times so hopefully he gets and stays healthy. 

Here's a fun data point: remember when Loyola humiliated Dosunmu, Cockburn and No. 1 seed Illinois a few years ago? I sure enjoyed that one. Kennedy had 14 points in 18 minutes against a pretty talented team in a supremely high-stakes game. 

This should probably be in another thread but I guess we have time to kill until the power comes back on at SIU or we have white smoke on the Howard hire, whatever comes first ...

This post was modified 1 year ago by siudawgs

ReplyQuote
Saluki 69
(@saluki-69)
SIU Arena Poster Admin

Posted by: @obd

My kid lives at Neely.  The power was out there most of the evening yesterday.

I doubt that would hold back any big announcement if a deal gets done. It would for a DOBO, but not for this.

Probably.

This post was modified 1 year ago 2 times by Saluki 69

ReplyQuote
OBD
 OBD
(@obd)

Posted by: @saluki-69

Posted by: @obd

My kid lives at Neely.  The power was out there most of the evening yesterday.

I doubt that would hold back any big announcement if a deal gets done. It would for a DOBO, but not for this.

Probably.

Sorry, I'm not in Carbondale so I don't know what's going on. Is it the whole campus? Or just parts of it? Is it still down?

ReplyQuote
Wood
 Wood
(@wood)
Abe Martin Field Poster

@obd The majority of campus had outages.  It's coming back up at various speeds.  East campus is back up and has been for a while I believe.  Some parts of West campus are still down I think.

ReplyQuote
Barkeep 1967
(@barkeep-1967)
SIU Arena Poster Admin
Topic starter  

We are good 😊

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
SIU_2011
(@siu_2011)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @insaluki

Don't need to agree on everything, respectfully :). This is a different situation than what Newton experienced last year. If Domask and Jones were back for this year, I would agree with you. We lost 80% of our scoring from last year and as of now I don't see a ball dominant player on our roster. There are caveats here of course, he has to stay healthy, but he averaged 7.5 pts/gm last year at 24 minutes per. He'll be a 30+ minute guy on this team as currently constructed. Loyola was not great on offense last year either.

We will see how the roster construction ends up, but I think he would be a valuable piece, even if he doesn't hit 10+ ppg ;).

Saluki 69 reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 10 / 26

Share: