Lowery back to the MVC

31 Posts
17 Users
51 Reactions
Salukibbfan1
(@salukibbfan1)
Saluki Stadium Poster

Posted by: @misty

I would be very disappointed in any Saluki fan who isn’t classy when Lowery returns to the arena. 

He was very classy when he was back on campus for the HOF. 

clasy is a mattter of opinon.  his players didnt go to clas much the last year he was coach.

ReplyQuote
Salukifan32
(@salukifan32)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Posted by: @salukibbfan1

I would be very disappointed in any Saluki fan who isn’t classy when Lowery returns to the arena. 

clasy is a mattter of opinon.  his players didnt go to clas much the last year he was coach.

It's ironic, that in a post about players not going to class, you used some of the worst grammar I've seen lol

ReplyQuote
TJ McFlys
(@tj-mcflys)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

@salukibbfan1 your spelling is atrocious. 🤮   Either you're misspelling words on purpose and mocking someone, or you have a serious learning disability. 

ReplyQuote
(@hoops_there_it_is)
Dawg Pound Poster

Some "fans" act as if Lowery intentionally wanted his tenure to end the way it did. SIU does not have the luxury of the UK's and Duke's to roll in 4 or 5 top 20 recruits every year to make up for a bad recruiting classes that don't pan out. There is no actual science to predicting the performance of 18 and 19 year olds after you have seen them on nothing but their best behavior. Lowery was a big part of two of the best runs in SIU history and I will wish him nothing but the best as I do every other Saluki who proudly wore the uniform.

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

Lowery was 2 coaches and over a decade ago, I’ve moved on.  He’s a Saluki Hall of Famer and led SIU to NCAA Tournaments as a player and coach, including a Sweet 16 and the best team since the Walt Frazier days.  Hoping people treat him with respect.

Sandman95, Salukifan32, Psychodawg and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Rockin' Dawg
(@rockin-dawg)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

@hoops_there_it_is

Questioning the "fandom" of those of us who have not forgotten what Chris Lowery did to our program.  Classy.

If you're giving credit for the positive things he did here, you should give equal weight to the negative:  

Once he got his "Gonzaga money" things went downhill fast.  His recruiting efforts tailed off considerably.  His player retention was poor.  The scholastic side of the program tanked.  The behavior and morale of his players sank.  The winning stopped and the losing began.  The crowds dwindled.  Thursday night teams became the norm.  The 8-22 season was just the final straw.

He then sued the university and remained unapologetic for the irreparable harm he did to our basketball program.  He burned every bridge available to him in his time here.  Just ask any business person who had to deal with him, from the car dealers to the pizza delivery guys.  He did not earn my respect, he lost it.  I will not be cheering for him when he returns to the arena.  Sorry.

And don't you EVER question my fandom to Saluki Basketball.

This post was modified 2 years ago 5 times by Rockin' Dawg

zippadeedooDawgs, INSaluki, Saloukeyfan and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
ReSaluki 88
(@resaluki-88)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @rockin-dawg

@hoops_there_it_is

Questioning the "fandom" of those of us who have not forgotten what Chris Lowery did to our program.  Classy.

If you're giving credit for the positive things he did here, you should give equal weight to the negative:  

Once he got his "Gonzaga money" things went downhill fast.  His recruiting efforts tailed off considerably.  His player retention was poor.  The scholastic side of the program tanked.  The behavior and morale of his players sank.  The winning stopped and the losing began.  The crowds dwindled.  Thursday night teams became the norm.  The 8-22 season was just the final straw.

He then sued the university and remained unapologetic for the irreparable harm he did to our basketball program.  He burned every bridge available to him in his time here.  Just ask any business person who had to deal with him, from the car dealers to the pizza delivery guys.  He did not earn my respect, he lost it.  I will not be cheering for him when he returns to the arena.  Sorry.

Very well said. He was horrible with the alumni, didn't care about academics and basically mailed it in the last 2 years. He tanked the program and we still haven't recovered. That's the truth no matter what kind of fan you are!

ReplyQuote
saluki82
(@saluki82)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

Posted by: @resaluki-88
Posted by: @rockin-dawg

@hoops_there_it_is

Very well said. He was horrible with the alumni, didn't care about academics and basically mailed it in the last 2 years. He tanked the program and we still haven't recovered. That's the truth no matter what kind of fan you are!

I won't boo him but I also won't cheer him. He was handed the program at its peak and he pissed it away with arrogance.

Saloukeyfan reacted
ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

Posted by: @saluki82

I won't boo him but I also won't cheer him. He was handed the program at its peak and he pissed it away with arrogance.

I think this is fair.  I don't think he should booed for sure and definitely not heckled.

Austinsaluki reacted
ReplyQuote
INSaluki
(@insaluki)
SIU Arena Poster

I see too many people blaming the last coach for all of the state of this basketball program when I have always pointed to C-LO.  I honestly felt like we were "this" close to sustained success and it quickly turned to crap during his tenure.  That being said, I have moved on and forgiven him, especially after him coming back to speak to the kids once Mullins took over.  I wish him well and certainly would never boo him, nor would I the previous coach either.  All I care about now is the current staff and hoping they can start winning again.  

Psychodawg and Jabman62 reacted
ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

In Lowery's favor, we DID almost beat Ohio Dominican.

Rockin' Dawg reacted
ReplyQuote
Salukibbfan1
(@salukibbfan1)
Saluki Stadium Poster

Posted by: @salukifan32
Posted by: @salukibbfan1

It's ironic, that in a post about players not going to class, you used some of the worst grammar I've seen lol

sorry, they keypaid on my ipad sticks alot

ReplyQuote
siudawgs
(@siudawgs)
SIU Arena Poster
Topic starter  

https://twitter.com/CBB_Central/status/1552379743978266625

So much for that ...

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

Guess they forgot that 9 AM ESPN game in 2010 where SIU pulled a Chris Webber against them and lost in OT

ReplyQuote
siudawgs
(@siudawgs)
SIU Arena Poster
Topic starter  
Posted by: @salukiworld

Guess they forgot that 9 AM ESPN game in 2010 where SIU pulled a Chris Webber against them and lost in OT

Thinking of Northeastern?

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 3

Share: