103 Users
234 Reactions
141.9 K Views
Woofie2
(@woofie2)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Posted by: SalukiIllini
Posted by: The Goblin King

I want Mullins, but Watson finally broke through in Division II, going to the Elite 8 after I kept knocking him as a flameout haha

Watson would be a disappointing hire at this point. 

I doubt Watson would come back to SIU.

Watson, Korn, Williams, need a little more proof they can make a difference in a program.

Former players who are coaching (but probably solid at the level they are coaching) Tony Young, Darren Brooks, and Shane Hawkins. (I will never forget Tony Young as a grad assistant coaching in a drill, the players made a mistake he made them pay, not pushing right he would twist his foot had them on the floor, mainly, one slacker of a player that needed to work harder anyway)

Posted by: Booby's

Just for the sake of argument let's say he's not available. Who are some others that should be on Kill's short list?

Purdue assistants, Duke assistants, Kansas Assistants... Assistants that have been with winning BCS programs 4 years or more, basically people who know how to run a basketball machine, from recruiting to solid winning programs come March.(more than 3 years they know the program and have good knowledge how stuff works, most are looking to step up anyway, less than 3 and they are too green)

Jay Herkelman (you know Kill talked to him...)

Matt McMahon - largely because I respect his program lifting he has done.

Smithpeters would be a solid Assistant or Associate head coach option, along with Beane.

With some good money coming from the valley (thanks to Loyola's show last year) anything is possible

This post was modified 5 years ago 2 times by Woofie2

ReplyQuote
(@dunkledog)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

ReplyQuote
(@bknight)
Abe Martin Field Poster

Posted by: Barkeep 1967

It’s Mullins.  The Illusion only puts out what the university allows.  I have talked to national sports writers this week who would not even answer their calls 

No, say it ain't so.  Must be part of "promoting the brand"......

ReplyQuote
(@bknight)
Abe Martin Field Poster

Posted by: Woofie2
Posted by: SalukiIllini

I want Mullins, but Watson finally broke through in Division II, going to the Elite 8 after I kept knocking him as a flameout haha

Watson would be a disappointing hire at this point. 

I doubt Watson would come back to SIU.

Watson, Korn, Williams, need a little more proof they can make a difference in a program.

Former players who are coaching (but probably solid at the level they are coaching) Tony Young, Darren Brooks, and Shane Hawkins. (I will never forget Tony Young as a grad assistant coaching in a drill, the players made a mistake he made them pay, not pushing right he would twist his foot had them on the floor, mainly, one slacker of a player that needed to work harder anyway)

Posted by: Booby's

Just for the sake of argument let's say he's not available. Who are some others that should be on Kill's short list?

Purdue assistants, Duke assistants, Kansas Assistants... Assistants that have been with winning BCS programs 4 years or more, basically people who know how to run a basketball machine, from recruiting to solid winning programs come March.(more than 3 years they know the program and have good knowledge how stuff works, most are looking to step up anyway, less than 3 and they are too green)

Jay Herkelman (you know Kill talked to him...)

Matt McMahon - largely because I respect his program lifting he has done.

Smithpeters would be a solid Assistant or Associate head coach option, along with Beane.

With some good money coming from the valley (thanks to Loyola's show last year) anything is possible

I advise to be very very careful with this wish.  The FBI net hasn't reeled in all the fish yet.  Some of your valued assistants might just end up with a pectoral appendage in the wringer.

I'd like someone I can be assured is clean and will remain that way.

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

Posted by: Dunkledog

https://www.midmajormadness.com/platform/amp/2019/3/20/18273839/barry-hinson-southern-illinois-salukis-basketball-mvc-jerry-kill?utm_campaign=midmajormadness&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

This is really well written and backs up everything we know happened over the last 365 days.

Didn’t like Hinson as a coach but stuff like this shows me that he should be looked back on with a positive light when SIU starts having success again.

ReplyQuote
Maroonloon
(@maroonloon)

Posted by: SalukiWorld

https://www.midmajormadness.com/platform/amp/2019/3/20/18273839/barry-hinson-southern-illinois-salukis-basketball-mvc-jerry-kill?utm_campaign=midmajormadness&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

This is really well written and backs up everything we know happened over the last 365 days.

Didn’t like Hinson as a coach but stuff like this shows me that he should be looked back on with a positive light when SIU starts having success again.

Agree. Accurate accounting of the unusual events of the past year with a human touch.

Now, when is the press conference?

March on triumphantly!

ReplyQuote
 Ddd
(@ddd)
Dawg Pound Poster

Press conference tomorrow 430/5pm

Baby Mama will be named the coach

Around 500k in base. Could make up to 1 million overall per year based on performance 

5 years and rolls every 2

potential of those who are staying from the old staff including AB or JC but potentially unlikely

the only clear leak from the staff is the Ken Moses who dates the marketing lead. Individuals have known this for a while as this is a hire from the AD. He will likely be the DOBO.

This post was modified 5 years ago 3 times by Ddd

ReplyQuote
(@bknight)
Abe Martin Field Poster

I agree with others this appears to be well thought out and researched.  I guess I'm cynical but Barry's take on Bell's letter appears to be another attempt to deflect blame.  Simply put he was given plenty of time to move the ship forward where it needed to be, and failed to get the job done.  

Rockin' Dawg reacted
ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

Posted by: Dd44118

Around 500k in base. Could make up to 1 million overall per year based on performance 

potential of those who are staying from the old staff including AB or JC but potentially unlikely

the only clear leak from the staff is the Ken Moses who dates the marketing lead. Individuals have known this for a while. 

Uh...wow.  Major props if all this is legit.

ReplyQuote
the bobber
(@the-bobber)
Saluki Platnum Member Saluki Insider

am told we have our man.

AnnaBob, Saluki 69, PackerDawg and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Saloukeyfan
(@saloukeyfan)

Posted by: the bobber

am told we have our man.

Yes sir, thank you!   

AnnaBob reacted
ReplyQuote
Salukiholic
(@salukiholic)
Saluki Stadium Poster

Posted by: Dd44118

the only clear leak from the staff is the Ken Moses who dates the marketing lead. Individuals have known this for a while. 

WOW What a first post.   Welcome to the group!

ReplyQuote
(@commander-dawg)
Davies Gym Poster

Today is Day One to get us back to where we should be . . . Go Southern Go ! ! !

Go Southern Go ! ! !

Saluki 69 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@the-goblin-king)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Disregard based on new info

ReplyQuote
 Ddd
(@ddd)
Dawg Pound Poster

I still find it comical SIU is so braindead they are hiring an under qualified assistant because he is in a relationship with someone who works for the school.  Even when they do things right they still have to do something dumb

He will likely be the DOBO

ReplyQuote
Page 66 / 67

Share: