SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

Missouri State: defense optional

ReplyQuote
BleedFknMaroon25
(@bleedfknmaroon25)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

The Bears are such an enigma. They don't have great chemistry, or play with great effort/urgency on the defensive end.

Frustrating season for them for sure.

--Insert something witty here--

ReplyQuote
BleedFknMaroon25
(@bleedfknmaroon25)

Wow. If Valpo finishes this off, did SIU ever miss a golden opportunity. Who'd have ever thunk the path to an NCAA bid would've gone through an 8 seed and a 7 seed... 😥 😥 

usmcsaluki reacted
ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

Posted by: @bleedfknmaroon25

Wow. If Valpo finishes this off, did SIU ever miss a golden opportunity. Who'd have ever thunk the path to an NCAA bid would've gone through an 8 seed and a 7 seed... 😥 😥 

SIU really blew good chances back to back years.  At least this year they can use the excuse of youth and a bright future ahead.  Last year was a travesty.

ReplyQuote
BleedFknMaroon25
(@bleedfknmaroon25)

@salukiworld

Last year was awful, but the silver lining is it ushered in the new era. I'm far more upset about this seasons MVCt results. For me, it hurts bad now, but I'm excited for the future. These are feelings I haven't had in a long, long time.

ReplyQuote
zippadeedooDawgs
(@zippadeedoodawgs)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster
Topic starter  

So, when was the last season that a play-in-game team made it to the final?

If you're gonna reply to me in the forums, please quote what I wrote that you're replying to so I have a clue...thanks! 😀

ReplyQuote
Austinsaluki
(@austinsaluki)

Nuts.

Bradley, please step up.

(Inflammatory political snark)

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

Posted by: @zippadeedoodawgs

So, when was the last season that a play-in-game team made it to the final?

This is the first time

ReplyQuote
(@saluki4)
Charlotte West Stadium Poster

Bradley went 1-5 against the top 3 seeds in the reg. season and got to avoid playing any of the 3. What a joke when they win tomorrow after beating the 5,7, and 8 seed. 

ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

It's #7 Valpo vs. #4 Bradley.  They split the regular season.

ReplyQuote
zippadeedooDawgs
(@zippadeedoodawgs)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster
Topic starter  
Posted by: @saluki4

Bradley went 1-5 against the top 3 seeds in the reg. season and got to avoid playing any of the 3. What a joke when they win tomorrow after beating the 5,7, and 8 seed. 

And the top 3 seeds went 0-3 on Friday.  What does that tell you?  I'm not defending BU but at least they won the games they were supposed to, as opposed to UNI, LUC, and InSU.  I haven't checked, but I'm guessing some of BU's 5 losses vs the top 3 were when Childs was out.

If you're gonna reply to me in the forums, please quote what I wrote that you're replying to so I have a clue...thanks! 😀

Austinsaluki reacted
ReplyQuote
INSaluki
(@insaluki)
SIU Arena Poster

Posted by: @zippadeedoodawgs
Posted by: @saluki4

And the top 3 seeds went 0-3 on Friday.  What does that tell you?  I'm not defending BU but at least they won the games they were supposed to, as opposed to UNI, LUC, and InSU.  I haven't checked, but I'm guessing some of BU's 5 losses vs the top 3 were when Childs was out.

I, for one, am rooting for Bradley to represent the MVC now.  I think they will at least give the other team a game as they have some experience from last year.  Say what you want about their record against the top teams but they handled SIU 3 times this year and while the scores were close in 2 games, I would say with relative ease.  Regardless, let's hope that whoever wins, represents the MVC well.  

ReplyQuote
zippadeedooDawgs
(@zippadeedoodawgs)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster
Topic starter  

As of yesterday Lunardi has UNI as a "Last 4 In"... Two bids? Fingers crossed.

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

BracketMatrix which aggregates all the brackets online has Northern Iowa in first four out and hasn't updated with Utah State's Mountain West Championship which takes them off the bubble.

ReplyQuote
(@misty)
Charlotte West Stadium Poster

Posted by: @salukiworld

The Valley is probably really happy Bradley made the Final.  The crowds on TV for these semifinals look like a Thursday Night crowd.  Pretty bad optics.

The early Friday games (ours & Drake/UNI) were really good crowds. As good as it’s been in years.

And then today (MSU/Valpo) reverted to a Thursday night crowd. 

Us/UNI/BU showed up well. Drake was fine. ISUr was fine for a 9-seed. Valpo is what it is (small fan base).

MSU and especially Loyola were disappointing. Did one Loyola fan stay for the rest of the tournament? UNI fans (to their credit) stuck around. 

ReplyQuote
Page 29 / 32

Share: