2024 Transfer Portal

1,576 Posts
90 Users
1785 Reactions
57.2 K Views
Salukifan32
(@salukifan32)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

So it looks like Wyoming coach is leaving to be top assistant at Texas Tech. Many are expecting Wyoming to then hire Sundance Wicks from Green Bay-Wisconsin. So maybe we see Ebube back in the portal?

ReplyQuote
saluki82
(@saluki82)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

Posted by: @salukifan32

So it looks like Wyoming coach is leaving to be top assistant at Texas Tech. Many are expecting Wyoming to then hire Sundance Wicks from Green Bay-Wisconsin. So maybe we see Ebube back in the portal?

Come back home Scotty

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

Looks like he has a $705k buyout, doubt he's leaving this offseason

ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

People will take this as a shot at our previous staff and it's not, but seriously. When's the last time we've options for our 2-4 spots as athletic as Bey, Davis and Sykes. Wow. Don't sleep on Steffe either, he's much more than just a knockdown shooter

#1 Do NOT assume we are offering all these players more NIL money than other mid-majors are offering them

#2 NIL is big but it's not the whole picture in recruiting.

#3 Last year's staff missed on player after player to programs I would consider inferior - it was depressing - and we ended up with several players that basically took up space on the bench

#4 This staff is doing a great job recruiting IMO, way better than the previous staff.

Rockin' Dawg reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dunkledog)

@mr_woogers it’s showing what experience from a coach can do. I don’t necessarily think it’s all money that we’re getting guys we would have missed on earlier

ReplyQuote
Dawg
 Dawg
(@dawg)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

@foxman24 I don't believe so.  I am also a Red Raider fan as my kids went to college there.  I don't think Steffe ever played, but he was highly regarded.  The star of the Raiders last season was Pop Isaac.  He apparently slept with Steffe's sister on a basketball road trip.  It was consensual, but it got a lot of headlines.  There as a lawsuit that was eventually settled.  Tech has one of the largest NILs in the country, so the coach reportedly told everyone related to the incident or the lawsuit to move along including the Steffe family and Isaac.  Tech is a remarkable school with almost unlimited resources, but it chafes under the little sister reputation compared to the whornes and the aggies.  They are absolutely determined to excel in bball and football.  They spend west Texas oil money like water.  It is something to behold.

This post was modified 1 week ago by Dawg

ReplyQuote
ReSaluki 88
(@resaluki-88)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @dawg

@foxman24 I don't believe so.  I am also a Red Raider fan as my kids went to college there.  I don't think Steffe ever played, but he was highly regarded.  The star of the Raiders last season was Pop Isaac.  He apparently slept with Steffe's sister on a basketball road trip.  It was consensual, but it got a lot of headlines.  There as a lawsuit that was eventually settled.  Tech has one of the largest NILs in the country, so the coach reportedly told everyone related to the incident or the lawsuit to move along including the Steffe family and Isaac.  Tech is a remarkable school with almost unlimited resources, but it chafes under the little sister reputation compared to the whornes and the aggies.  They are absolutely determined to excel in bball and football.  They spend west Texas oil money like water.  It is something to behold.

Regarding the sister, didn't the lawsuit claim it wasn't consensual and that she was too inebriated to consent? Also, she was under age for Texas, but not for the Bahamas where it occurred.

https://www.everythinglubbock.com/news/local-news/more-details-revealed-in-lawsuit-against-texas-tech-basketball-player-pop-isaacs/

This post was modified 1 week ago by ReSaluki 88

ReplyQuote
Cosmos
(@cosmos)

How about we leave that topic in Texas and let Drew move on and be comfortable here. I doubt that’s something him or his family want being a point of discussion at his new school he’s excited to start at. He’s a Saluki now, let’s focus on that part. Go Dawgs. 

appleknocker, Foxman24, Freedawg and 8 people reacted
ReplyQuote
ReSaluki 88
(@resaluki-88)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @cosmos

How about we leave that topic in Texas and let Drew move on and be comfortable here. I doubt that’s something him or his family want being a point of discussion at his new school he’s excited to start at. He’s a Saluki now, let’s focus on that part. Go Dawgs. 

I agree, I just posted the article since it was brought up to make clarifications.

Lolton and Cosmos reacted
ReplyQuote
Kyle_Saluki_17
(@kyle_saluki_17)

yes this has no business here. Leave it alone. 

saluki82, SlyDawg, Lolton and 4 people reacted
ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

Dibba is visiting Drake this weekend

https://twitter.com/derek__murray/status/1789034325133885583?s=46&t=7s0hTttieSER8wqRSA0LoA

ReplyQuote
INSaluki
(@insaluki)
SIU Arena Poster

The more I look deeper into some of the newly signed players, the more excited I get.  Davion Sykes could turn out to be a beast with this team next season.

Here are some blurbs I found on Davion, who by the way is a good student, seems very respectful, etc.  So glad we landed him. 

Triple Threat Alert: New No. 1 point guard in the country, JJ Starling, and more (247sports.com)

A high school teammate of Black's, do not be surprised if Davion Sykes is the national sleeper in the 2022 class. His intangibles pass the eye test and his athleticism makes him a very attractive prospect. However, it is his feel and overall upside that sets him apart from the rest. His recruitment looks as if it will come down to Texas State and UT-Arlington. With a decision coming soon, do not be surprised if either of the programs secures a steal long term.

Mike Gribanov - NBA Draft, Youth BBall analysis
Another underrated prospect alert. Davion Sykes on Texas State sophomore, has long been a clear sleeper.. sat out early portion of the season but has come on fairly strong since coming back in conference play.

Mike Gribanov - NBA Draft, Youth BBall analysis
Some of my fave mega deep cut mid major guys Reece Potter (Miami OH) Tucker Anderson (C Ark) Davion Sykes (Tex St) Nils Cooper (Pepperdine) Jayden Ndjigue (Umass)

After getting healthy and taking over a starting spot for the final 14 games, his numbers were as follows:

13pts - 7.8rbds - 1.4apg - 1.1spg (steals)
This post was modified 1 week ago 2 times by INSaluki

Saluki44 reacted
ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

They really need a point guard unless they think Steffe or Mayo can do it.  Matthew Lee (still in the portal) and Alston Mason were both playing the majority of the time at point for Missouri State last year and KenPom has Mayo listed as a SG-SF so not sure that's something he's done.  I honestly think Kennard can play some point if they're really desperate.  

ReplyQuote
(@ajcsaluki)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

I don't know how confident the coaching staff was about landing Nash, but I'd imagine they have a Plan B that involves a few possibilities in the portal or maybe a juco point guard (I was excited about the possibility of Nash but wasn't getting my hopes up). At the very least, SIU needs depth there -- even if somehow, some way, Sharp emerges, the roster has to have more than one point guard.

The other priority remains a 5 with experience. I have seen some sentiment for Cade's return, but the problem with that is he's barely more experienced in Division I basketball than our two freshman recruits. 

None of this is to take away from what the staff has done so far -- facing a massive rebuilding job, they've recruited the makings of a fine roster. And keeping Davis was monumental.

This post was modified 1 week ago by AJCSaluki

INSaluki, Rockin' Dawg, BleedFknMaroon25 and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Saluki 4 Life
(@saluki-4-life)

Losing out on Nash hurts. Need to get a PG ASAP… team looks like it can compete on paper but teams without PGs at any level fail. I see some talk of Kennard, Mayo, Steffe at PG and to they I say no thanks. I’d rather have a mid tier true PG than force those guys into a role that doesn’t suit them. Steffe needs to be off the ball for his shooting ability, Kennard and Mayo are both down hill slashing type players, if you force them to initiate offense you take away the strength of their game… hopefully we have another PG target in mind.

ReplyQuote
Page 90 / 106

Share: