10 Posts
7 Users
4 Likes
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member
Topic starter  

https://foundationsiu.foleon.com/athletics/imagine-salukis-unleashed/

• Basketball practice facility, which not only benefits men's and women's basketball, but will allow volleyball to regularly play in the Banterra Center
  • Indoor football practice facility and new locker room space for both the home and away teams
  • Enhanced baseball clubhouse and training facility, including an indoor hitting facility
  • New stadium for Saluki Women's Soccer
  • Golf practice facility
  • Upgrades to Lingle Hall, Banterra Center, Charlotte West Stadium, and Shea Natatorium

Imagine: Salukis Unleashed Facility Renderings

Imagine: Salukis Unleashed Facility Renderings

PackerDawg reacted
ReplyQuote
PackerDawg
(@packerdawg)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

Very bold and impressive.  I’m assuming this also includes NIL money? 

ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

Taking volleyball out of Davis is a big mistake. Beautiful old building with a "Hoosiers" gym is just a great place to see a game with Saluki fans practically sitting on the court. Just the character of that place makes it a great experience. I could see an occasional big game in Banterra if really necessary. I don't know but I'm betting the players like playing there.

That football facility isn't really indoor, correct?

ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

Also, that basketball practice facility will wipe out the rugby fields. What's more important to this university, basketball or rugby??  🤔 

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
Austinsaluki
(@austinsaluki)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

@mr_woogers 

Taking women's basketball out of Davies was HORRIBLE. That was a very bad read on Title IX. 

My wife and I went to the final regular season volleyball game, and even though there were only a couple of hundred people there, it was rocking. 

The Arena is a freaking tomb. Awful. 

(Inflammatory political snark)

ReplyQuote
salukis60
(@salukis60)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @mr_woogers

Taking volleyball out of Davis is a big mistake. Beautiful old building with a "Hoosiers" gym is just a great place to see a game with Saluki fans practically sitting on the court. Just the character of that place makes it a great experience. I could see an occasional big game in Banterra if really necessary. I don't know but I'm betting the players like playing there.

That football facility looks like a central Illinois pole barn for combines. If we are shooting for 100 million lets get a little more and build an enclosed, climate control football facility.

beadmedaddio and rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

Wouldn't it be smarter and more economical to build the football training facility with a basketball practice facility in one building south of the arena??

ReplyQuote
Cosmos
(@cosmos)

Posted by: @salukis60

Posted by: @mr_woogers

That football facility looks like a central Illinois pole barn for combines. If we are shooting for 100 million lets get a little more and build an enclosed, climate control football facility.

Football didn't want that. And football does not need climate control in Carbondale. By the time they practice, the weather is mild enough. This facility will keep snow mostly away, grass temps neutral, and you can add things to the outside that are temporary if needed (seasonal curtains of sorts).

ReplyQuote
TJ McFlys
(@tj-mcflys)

@cosmos

Since the Salukis play on a Astroplay surface at Saluki Stadium, will there be some type of artificial surface under this proposed practice structure for football? I would guess that retractable shades/screens could be used to keep rain/sleet/snow and wind out when needed.

ReplyQuote
Cosmos
(@cosmos)

Do not know of that yet. Maybe they’ll have tech in the turf that’ll keep all elements off. 

ReplyQuote

Share: