1DAWG
(@1dawg)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

What's up with Fletcher?

ReplyQuote
Maroonloon
(@maroonloon)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

The drama $h!t storm continues and SIU gets scorched. As has been pointed out many times, only hope at post season play is winning MVC Tournament. That's the sad state of affairs.

Going forward for me, just waiting for a new coach...again. 

March on triumphantly!

ReplyQuote
Saluki 4 Life
(@saluki-4-life)

Anyone think Fletcher is done for good? Anyone have any scoops? I can tell you he is still working with the team and in the facility.  If he had an NCAA issue he would likely not be allowed to dress.

ReplyQuote
Saluki 69
(@saluki-69)
SIU Arena Poster Admin

ESPN showing Buffalo -12.5

ReplyQuote
(@14_alumdawg)
Abe Martin Field Poster

Posted by: Saluki 4 Life

Anyone think Fletcher is done for good? Anyone have any scoops? I can tell you he is still working with the team and in the facility.  If he had an NCAA issue he would likely not be allowed to dress.

He’ll be back. 

ReplyQuote
(@the-goblin-king)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Honestly I wouldnt be stunned if they won, lucy needs to set up the football again

ReplyQuote
Cowboydawg
(@cowboydawg)

Today’s Southern Illinoisan lists Fletcher as a projected starter for the Buffalo game. Are they just clueless, or do they actually know something ?

ReplyQuote
Saluki 4 Life
(@saluki-4-life)

Posted by: Cowboydawg

Today’s Southern Illinoisan lists Fletcher as a projected starter for the Buffalo game. Are they just clueless, or do they actually know something ?

He is not playing. Barry basically said so on pregame with Reis. Stupid. Just clarify how long the suspension is.

ReplyQuote
(@usmcsaluki)

Yeah, the pregame makes it sound like Armon will not be playing today.  I am confident he'll be back this year though.

ReplyQuote
gammasaluki
(@gammasaluki)
Saluki Stadium Poster

The optics of the whole Fletcher suspension are very bad.  Would it not have been better if the coach had said something along these lines:

"We have team rules.  Violate some and a one game suspension is mandatory.  A few others carry a two game suspension.  A few can get you suspended for the season.  I, as coach, always have the right to pardon a rule breaker to lessen the sentence, but my preference is not to do so in any arbitrary manner."

Instead, what we are seeing is a process that appears to me to be absolutely arbitrary, and that looks very bad to me.

ReplyQuote
BleedFknMaroon25
(@bleedfknmaroon25)

Yup. Figured Armon would be out for this one. Barry needs his crutch. 

--Insert something witty here--

Saluki 69 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@accountingdawg)
Charlotte West Stadium Poster

Ok, last game on the schdule that has any meaningful impact on post season play and a star player in riding the pine with zero explanation.  Well, "take my word" I guess.  Dean of the valley has messed this communication for sure.  Oh, well....the ship takes on water from self  administered holes below the water line.

ReplyQuote
Booby's
(@boobys)

Posted by: BleedFknMaroon25

Yup. Figured Armon would be out for this one. Barry needs his crutch. 

Big crowd expected today. Hope huckster isn't scared.

Craving a McBride Special!

ReplyQuote
Thunnellvision
(@thunnellvision)

So, Clown Shoes decides to keep Fletcher out again and not clarify ‘why’. What an absolute joke. If somebody has been suspended for MULTIPLE games, people need an explanation. If not, people can just invent their own reason. Sounds like Barry’s power was threatened, and he overreacted. 

We had a coach suspend a guy for showing up late to a GD bus ride. This guy is completely out of control. 

Bow Em

Fraydog reacted
ReplyQuote
beadmedaddio
(@beadmedaddio)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: Thunnellvision

So, Clown Shoes decides to keep Fletcher out again and not clarify ‘why’. What an absolute joke. If somebody has been suspended for MULTIPLE games, people need an explanation. If not, people can just invent their own reason. Sounds like Barry’s power was threatened, and he overreacted. 

We had a coach suspend a guy for showing up late to a GD bus ride. This guy is completely out of control. 

I posted earlier that a person I know who lives there was at breakfast with friends.  He was told that Fletcher is going to transfer.  That is understandable since a number of the best players on Chester's teams have transferred.  Many on this board put that to rest due to NCAA rules.  But this goes to your point.  People are drawing their own conclusions -- right or wrong.  

I'm not sayin' -- I'm just sayin'!

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 7

Share: