SIU @ Buffalo

105 Posts
30 Users
40 Reactions
20.7 K Views
BleedFknMaroon25
(@bleedfknmaroon25)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

I'd have bet my house that if the last two games had been against the normal non-con pastries he usually schedules, AF's suspension would've only been one game. Mr. Excuses couldn't have worked this one out any more perfectly. 

"Force me to play tougher competition, will ya? Well then, I'll show you. Armon! Three game suspension for you, young man. That'll teach you not to roll your eyes at me!"

--Insert something witty here--

Booby's and Austinsaluki reacted
ReplyQuote
gammasaluki
(@gammasaluki)
Saluki Stadium Poster

That team would beat us nine times out of ten and there are a variety of reasons for that.  Still, we might be good enough to win the Valley, if you can believe that.

ReplyQuote
gammasaluki
(@gammasaluki)
Saluki Stadium Poster

Buffalo's name should be changed to the "Buffalo Flops".  I can't believe they are going to get those calls when they get Big East refs in their next two games.  I watch a lot of basketball and I did not see them establishing defensive position on many of the calls.  I kind of liked the way Rudy got more than his money's worth on one of those charging calls though.

Booby's reacted
ReplyQuote
SlyDawg
(@slydawg)
Saluki Stadium Poster

Yes there was a ton of flops. I believe the refs called every single one too. 

ReplyQuote
Saloukeyfan
(@saloukeyfan)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

They beat us. They're better than us. End of story.

SlyDawg reacted
ReplyQuote
Booby's
(@boobys)

Posted by: gammasaluki

Still, we might be good enough to win the Valley, if you can believe that.

We probably are good enough but we still have one fatal weakness.

Craving a McBride Special!

ReplyQuote
(@accountingdawg)
Charlotte West Stadium Poster

Chew on this quote:

Salukis coach Barry Hinson said his team had no choice but to play a defense in which players guard within an area of the court, as opposed to guarding player to player, even if they had played in only two possessions in its first 11 games. 

“We had to,” Hinson said. “I thought Perkins was going to have to immediately go to Springfield and enter the Hall of Fame with the way he played. He’s the one who made us go zone.”

ReplyQuote
AtlantaSaluki
(@atlantasaluki)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

SlyDawg
(@slydawg)
Eminent Member
Registered

December 15, 2018 9:17 pm

Yes there was a ton of flops. I believe the refs called every single one too.

ReplyQuote
AtlantaSaluki
(@atlantasaluki)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

I think Buffalo was well trained in the art of acting out the flop for sure.

ReplyQuote
(@freshman63)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Buffalo beats previously ranked Syracuse on the road by 12

ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

Posted by: The Goblin King
Posted by: dawgpoop

Buffalo is not the 14th best team in the country.   If they were, they never would have left the Salukis back in this game.   I predict they get their dream season crushed by Syracuse this week.

Buffalo upset an overrated West Virginia earlier in the year which got them ranked and then you just move up from there.  I would definitely agree they are laughably overrated but they are still a solid team so coming back on them on the road isnt anything to shake a stick at

You sure about that? Their coaches said they haven't played a complete 40 minutes yet. I agree. They certainly didn't against us. They didn't against Syracuse either, but they got it going the last 10 minutes and dominated a talented Syracuse team. (Syracuse Was ranked 25th in the AP poll and owns a 10 point win in Columbus against #14/15 Ohio State.) That last 10 minutes by Buffalo was extremely impressive. 

Nevada (#7) is way overrated. I don't think Buffalo is. Buffalo has a game at #23 Marquette this week. Should be a tough one.

ReplyQuote
(@usmcsaluki)

This is also the exact same Buffalo team from last year that tromped #4 seed Arizona in the first round of the tourney; they brought everyone back from that team.  They may not be a Top 25 team, but they aren't outside the Top 35 or 40.

ReplyQuote
(@stlsalukifan)
Charlotte West Stadium Poster

Buffalo is legit

ReplyQuote
Saloukeyfan
(@saloukeyfan)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

Posted by: usmcsaluki

This is also the exact same Buffalo team from last year that tromped #4 seed Arizona in the first round of the tourney; they brought everyone back from that team.  They may not be a Top 25 team, but they aren't outside the Top 35 or 40.

THEY ARE TOP 25!!!!! And good for them.

ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

Posted by: usmcsaluki

Seriously?  If they're not a top 25 team then the current top 25 is the best in the history of college basketball.

They'd win the MVC easily, probably without a single loss, and could beat most of the teams in the Big 10. 

They've won two road games against ranked teams. Very tough to win at Syracuse and at West Virginia. It's hard to win a road game against anybody.

ReplyQuote
Page 7 / 7

Share: