SIU @ Indiana State 1/11/22 6:00 PM ESPN+

260 Posts
35 Users
144 Likes
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member
Topic starter  

SIU faces a 6-0 Indiana State team on Wednesday in a must-win game if they want to have a shot at the regular season championship.

Indiana State leaders:

Courvoisier McCauley: 16.9 PPG, 5.6 RPG, 1.1 SPG

Cooper Neese: 10.8 PPG, 3.7 RPG, 1.7 APG

Cameron Henry: 10.6 PPG, 4.7 RPG, 3.5 APG, 1.4 SPG

Last Meeting:

Indiana State beat SIU 74-71 at the Banterra Center.  McCauley led Indiana State scorers with 16 points.  Cameron Henry had 15 points, 12 rebounds, and 8 assists.  Robbie Avila had 12 points.

Links:

SIU Game Notes

Indiana State Game Notes

Sycamore Pride Message Board

In the Dawghouse interview with Brendan Mullins 1/9/22

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
Salukifan32
(@salukifan32)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Going to be a tough one. I do not believe they had Neese the first time we played. Hopefully they aren't hitting shots cause our offense has not been good enough to beat teams who shoot well from 3.

ReplyQuote
Class of 69
(@class-of-69)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

I think someone ought to do a promotion where the fans get to pick the starting line-up for one game. Would interesting to see who would start and how they would do. Well, that's my fantasy for today...oh, that and what I would do if I won the Powerball tonite.

Rockin' Dawg reacted
ReplyQuote
(@usmcsaluki)

I am not expecting a win, but ISU has lost twice at home (NIU, KC) so it's not impossible - I just hope our offense is clicking, because we are surely going to need it.

ReplyQuote
Class of 69
(@class-of-69)

We haven't had a decent 3-point shooting game in a long time. Now would be the perfect time to re-ignite this offense. Somebody other than Lance or Marcus needs to get some Mojo going. Then we all can have some fun. The schedule gets easier after this game, but if we can split the series with the Sycamores and win this game, then things get real interesting the rest of the way.

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
(@rafflaw)

The Salukis will win 68-63!  

Salukifan32, Kyle_Saluki_17, usmcsaluki and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
siudawgs
(@siudawgs)
SIU Arena Poster

It may only be Jan. 11 tomorrow, but a loss and the Salukis are three games, plus a tiebreaker, behind the Sycs in the standings. So, it's arguably a must-win for the Salukis in terms of the regular-season title race.

That's pretty daunting considering how well Indiana State is playing right now, and it looks like they are trying to put together a good crowd tomorrow. That home loss to them was quite costly, but here's the Salukis' chance to make up for it.

Class of 69 reacted
ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member
Topic starter  

I think you can label this season a disappointment already if SIU loses tomorrow and is essentially out of the MVC Title hunt on January 11th.  I know the circumstances there worked against them by playing Indiana State twice so early in the season but there wouldn’t be much to look forward to rest of season besides fighting to stay out of Thursday and Arch Madness.

Rockin' Dawg reacted
ReplyQuote
INSaluki
(@insaluki)
SIU Arena Poster

SIU certainly CAN win.  The issue is, for that to happen, everything has to fall into place and SIU has to play their best game.  Meanwhile, Indiana state doesn't have to, that is the difference and why Ind St will be favored tomorrow.  SIU, and Lance specifically, will have to come out ready to play.   If Jones and, to a lesser extent, the rest of the team can hit their 3's, then SIU has a real shot (pun intended).  I think Ind St beats us 7-8 games out of 10 at home.  Here's hoping that this is one of those 2-3 games where SIU comes out on top. Win this game and then I can see another 6 game winning streak setting up a HUGE road battle against Bradley (not that I'm overlooking ANYONE on the schedule, especially the Missouri St road game).   

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
Kyle_Saluki_17
(@kyle_saluki_17)

Posted by: @salukiworld

I think you can label this season a disappointment already if SIU loses tomorrow and is essentially out of the MVC Title hunt on January 11th.  I know the circumstances there worked against them by playing Indiana State twice so early in the season but there wouldn’t be much to look forward to rest of season besides fighting to stay out of Thursday and Arch Madness.

I see your point, but I wouldn’t be totally surprised if Indiana State drops 3 of their next 6. It would be unlikely for us, but could still happen. If we win this becomes really interesting considering our schedule coming up. 

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
Saluki44
(@saluki44)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

My gut tells me this'll be a close game after the disappointing showing in Cedar Falls, but I've seen enough of this offense to know better than to expect a win. 

ReplyQuote
oberkfell
(@oberkfell)

I’m expecting a 5 or 6 point loss. Another great comeback only to fall short again. 

Rockin' Dawg reacted
ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member
Topic starter  

Indiana State favored by 4.5

ReplyQuote
INSaluki
(@insaluki)
SIU Arena Poster

Posted by: @salukiworld

Indiana State favored by 4.5

Sounds about right.  This one is untouchable from a betting standpoint, at least for me.  

Rockin' Dawg reacted
ReplyQuote
Maroonloon
(@maroonloon)

I'm expecting a loss, sadly. Would love to be wrong.

March on triumphantly!

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 18

Share: