Clear all

SIU @ Indiana State 1/11/22 6:00 PM ESPN+

260 Posts
35 Users
144 Likes
Saluki44
(@saluki44)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

That second half effort was something else. Certainly didn’t see that happening after the first half.

Clutch win.

Rockin' Dawg reacted
ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

XJ player of the game.

ReplyQuote
INSaluki
(@insaluki)
SIU Arena Poster

Not to beat a dead horse, but Brown did not play a single minute in the 2nd half.  So......................2 things.  1.  He did not win the game for us (bc he would have been blamed for the loss somehow).  2. I am all for the trust in Coach stuff, but I still have to question why Brown is  still starting.   If it was senior night, okay but right now Trent is beyond struggling and he is such a team player, I don't think he'd mind coming off the bench, as he just wants to win.  Perhaps we'll see just that for the rest of the season.  

Rockin' Dawg reacted
ReplyQuote
siudawgs
(@siudawgs)
SIU Arena Poster

Big win and a gutsy comeback! The Sycs’ offense was AWOL in half 2 but Southern gets a lot of the credit.

This should keep SIU in the mix deep into the season. But yeah, please fix these woeful starts.

Rockin' Dawg reacted
ReplyQuote
Kyle_Saluki_17
(@kyle_saluki_17)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

This team makes everything so ugly, but man they sure can play some championship defense. 3 out of the last 4 games, we were absolutely terrific on defense the second half. GREAT WIN!!!

Saluki44 reacted
ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

We won the rbs - 36 to 28.

ReplyQuote
siudawgs
(@siudawgs)
SIU Arena Poster

Posted by: @insaluki

Not to beat a dead horse, but Brown did not play a single minute in the 2nd half.  So......................2 things.  1.  He did not win the game for us (bc he would have been blamed for the loss somehow).  2. I am all for the trust in Coach stuff, but I still have to question why Brown is  still starting.   If it was senior night, okay but right now Trent is beyond struggling and he is such a team player, I don't think he'd mind coming off the bench, as he just wants to win.  Perhaps we'll see just that for the rest of the season.  

I would bet Banks starts Saturday as he did the second half tonight.

ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

Posted by: @insaluki

Agree - don't understand why he's starting. Mullins has lineup decision issues.

ReplyQuote
Thunnellvision
(@thunnellvision)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

What a gritty, grindy comeback win. They may not be pretty, they may not win the way we like, but the effort is always there.

This is a tough-a** team. What a big boy win tonight. Nothing else to say!

Bow Em

Rockin' Dawg, Mdogs1, Kyle_Saluki_17 and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member
Topic starter  

SIU gets Illinois State and Evansville now and can get on another run.  Losing this one probably would have knocked them out of the Valley race but now they have a legitimate shot at winning it.

Wasn't pretty and I still have a ton of concerns but this might have been a season-changing win.

Rockin' Dawg, Kyle_Saluki_17, siudawgs and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Cosmos
(@cosmos)

These game threads have become a Stephen King-level kind of read. Haha. Just watch the games then read the threads after and somehow after beating the league leaders to pull within one game of the conference lead, 80% of us think the team sucks. As I’ve said before, this year’s team has earned the benefit of the doubt because of all their comebacks. Doesn’t mean we celebrate the bad starts. But this is a really good team. Not an absolute dumpster fire as most people seem to be labeling. Big win! Enjoy it. 

ReplyQuote
Thunnellvision
(@thunnellvision)

Seeing Muila and Banks step up is huge. Could be the missing link! Also, give credit to D’Amico for his great D.

Bow Em

Class of 69 reacted
ReplyQuote
Mdogs1
(@mdogs1)

I think this may of been the biggest win in the Mullins era to date . I am beyond ecstatic. This keeps us in the Valley race . 

ReplyQuote
(@g-man)
Saluki Stadium Poster

Time to go read the Indiana State board. 

Saluki44 and Cosmos reacted
ReplyQuote
Cosmos
(@cosmos)

And to clarify, I have lots of impatience during the games. We’re fans, it’s what we do. But it’s been over a decade since Saluki basketball was this good so I’m not going to waste a fun time. I know we’re a one bid league, but conference championships matter big time! Banners lead to recruiting wins over fellow MVC squads. 

ReplyQuote
Page 14 / 18

Share: