SIU @ San Francisco 12/22/21 4:00 PM WCC Network

222 Posts
39 Users
165 Reactions
11.1 K Views
1DAWG
(@1dawg)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

This was SIU's last opportunity on their non-conference schedule to get a good win and they didn't step up.  The offensive game plan consisted of Lance Jones.  I'm not sure what's going on with Domask, but he hasn't returned to form following his injury.  SIU desperately needs other guys to contribute consistently on offense.  Jones seems to be the only one capable of doing so at this time.  I'm also hoping Mullins and the coaching staff are working with the low post guys on their deficiencies, such as the art of boxing out, effort in rebounding, with Felewich it's his leaping ability (build up the leg strength, attach him to the rubber bands and tell him to jump until it hurts), rolling to the basket and looking for the ball.  SIU seems to have a long way to go, but I'm encouraged by the talent on this team.  As a fine base we need to see consistency in the performance.  I think there's plenty of opportunity for guys to step up, want the ball in their hands, and aggressively work for shots on offense, aggressively go for the ball on the rebounds (ie. don't settle for getting boxed out, work through the screens) and get up on your guy on defense and don't allow them to drive or get open shots.  I guess what it comes down to is effort and toughness.  Kind of surprised this team doesn't play suffocating defense the way their coach and the teams he played on used to play.  Floorburn U!  Bring it back.

ReplyQuote
Barkeep 1967
(@barkeep-1967)
SIU Arena Poster Admin

Posted by: @spike

I dont recall anyone saying people dont deserve a scholarship?

It happened   I deleted it almost immediately. 

ReplyQuote
Jabman62
(@jabman62)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Barkeep is always on top of this board if people don't see certain posts it is because he takes them down asap so it doesn't cause any more problems 

Booby's reacted
ReplyQuote
Psychodawg
(@psychodawg)
Saluki Stadium Poster

@jabman62 

Barkeep works hard to make this a good site for our university and Saluki basketball.   Thanks

WOOF!

1DAWG and Saluki 69 reacted
ReplyQuote
Barkeep 1967
(@barkeep-1967)
SIU Arena Poster Admin

No 69 works hard to keep this place going. He deserves all the credit 

Booby's reacted
ReplyQuote
carrcar
(@carrcar)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

Just an observation...we don't have anyone moving without the ball like we did with Kent Williams or Jamal Tatum. Nearly every possession is bringing it up court, pass to the right wing, pass down to the right corner, pass it back to the right wing, pass back to the point (or the center at the top of the key), and then start the play. There seems to be little spontaneity with our offense.

“The best thing about freshmen is that they become sophomores.”
-- Al McGuire

1DAWG, Salukifan32 and SIUG reacted
ReplyQuote
GoBlueSaluki
(@gobluesaluki)

Posted by: @gobluesaluki

At least there is no way in hell Jones will play against our next d-2 opponent.

He is not right. If he can’t take it to the hole, he’s just another guy.  That made him special.  

MoBap game is postponed. So I guess the Dawgs will have a break. 

I hope the Covid isn’t in the SIU program though.  Haven’t seen anything from SIU about this postponement 

ReplyQuote
Jabman62
(@jabman62)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

No matter who is in charge it is done well and that is the bottom line

Rockin' Dawg reacted
ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: @1dawg

I'm not sure what's going on with Domask, but he hasn't returned to form following his injury. 

Domask has been playing well lately up until the San Francisco game.  His scoring is a bit down compared to what I'd like but I'm guessing his hip injury is playing a role there.  But he's still averaging about 15 PPG/5 APG/5 RPG lately.  He's probably the best passer on the team and he's been one of the better rebounders on the team too.

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member
Topic starter  

At least there is no way in hell Jones will play against our next d-2 opponent.

He is not right. If he can’t take it to the hole, he’s just another guy.  That made him special.  

MoBap game is postponed. So I guess the Dawgs will have a break. 

I hope the Covid isn’t in the SIU program though.  Haven’t seen anything from SIU about this postponement 

Apparently postponed to January 30th the day after we play Valpo?  That doesn't make much sense.  No point to playing this game at all.

Maybe they mean December 30th?  Would make a little more sense.

https://twitter.com/MBUBasketball/status/1474212700645466113

ReplyQuote
GoBlueSaluki
(@gobluesaluki)

I assume SIU still wants the money from a home game, but moving it 2 days also doesn’t make much sense.

Weird situation. 

ReplyQuote
Spike
(@spike)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

Last thing I will say. I am not particularly worried.

Jones and Domask have had nagging injuries. Brown hasn't played at all. Harvey has also missed time and while his defense is suspect he is a good offensive threat off the bench. 

SIU's biggest issue besides the injuries is the lack of talent at the 5 position. I almost think it would have been worth it to play Ebube, rawness and all, and let him learn on the fly.

A healthy team will be good IMO.

ReplyQuote
Page 15 / 15

Share: